Donald Jones to become UFA after no tender from Bills

I wouldn't be surprised that because of his injuries which limited his production, he won't get signed until there is an injury in training camp. It is a pretty good crop of free agent receivers as well as a deep draft at that position.

Edited by BuffBill

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really saying much as the Packers have one of the best QBs in the league and throw the ball 40 times a game.

If he could bring in 70-80 catches with the Packers that would say A LOT! He would fit in great with the Packers as the 4th WR in that spread offense as he would help improve the run game in that scheme as well. Packers need to run the ball more out of the spread to complement that power run formation. A big phsycial receiver like Jones would fit the bill.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

They clearly plan to bring in a solid #2 (or #1), and view Nelson as the #3, so they were probably not willing to pay DJ much more than what a #4 receiver would make. DJ probably demanded to be paid like the #2 that he ended up being by default for last year. Not surprised they couldn't find common ground here.

They clearly plan to bring in a solid #2 (or #1), and view Nelson as the #3, so they were probably not willing to pay DJ much more than what a #4 receiver would make. DJ probably demanded to be paid like the #2 that he ended up being by default for last year. Not surprised they couldn't find common ground here.

Hoping they bring in a true #1, Stevie is more suited to be a #2 in the slot.

Just hoping this is not a subtle message that the problem was more with receivers, like Jones, than it was with the QB that ranked 27th in Total QB rating and consistently ranked among the leagues bottom 10 QB's in just about every way possible...

Don't believe it?...http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=509345&start=0

You'd still likely tender him if you wanted him.

This screams "we don't want him" and not "we aren't agreeing on value"

I'm kind of going "eh, no great loss". I mean, I don't hate the guy but I don't think anyone was standing up and saying "Yes, we should invest heavily to keep Donald Jones."

As a Kool-Aid drinker, this is making me think that we're going to be going after a veteran WR, either through the waiver wire, trade or free agency. We have enough positions to fill that if we are willing to let another person walk, we have to have some plan in order to fill it. We would likely have needed to draft another WR anyway, and I don't see us striking gold twice, especially after needing to fill pressing needs of a QB and a major upgrade at LB.

I really want nothing to do with Jones anyway, dropped some big time passes this past year. He has no room to improve, just doesn't have either the size or speed to do so. Moving on, let's try our luck in the draft again or go after an Amendola, Bowe or Jennings (all of which expect the first would be pipe dreams but regardless).

Thank you. He's not big, not fast, and doesn't have great hands. Other than that, he's an awesome NFL WR. :wallbash:

I think I've learned one thng from this:

Now I know that the incriminating photos Jones was using to be a starter on this team were of Gailey and not Nix. :flirt:

You'd still likely tender him if you wanted him.

This screams "we don't want him" and not "we aren't agreeing on value"

Of course it screams of "we don't want him". He's really a very average reciever at best and has also been injury prone. If the Bills want to be better, they need to upgrade this position. This move shows that the Bills understand this and I fully expect them to be active in free agency to upgrade this position. There are some good ones in the free agent pool. Of course, I would hate to see the Bills improve at wide reciever while letting guys like Levitre and Byrd walk. It's not an easy task to keep your own while trying to improve. I hope Buddy and Co. are up to the task.

Even though we ARE thin at receiver and were before this decision IMO Bills decided to let him go.

It's a big deal to me.

What do we have ?

SJ =slot/outside

Nelson= slot

Graham outside

Smith ? not sure

then

Easily and martin and some others i dont know the names of. and the pass catching TE Chandler. then spiller and jackson.

The FO surely has a plan. Is it FA or are we drafting some. WRs take awhile to develop, ask TJ !

But this move is dramatic in my eyes. We better keep a close eye on this. I hope they have a secret handshake already with some one who can get open even when he's not (Bowe).

If Ruvell stays this will get weird though.

Not really big news IMO... There hasn't been much going on as far as Bills news so I guess it's something to talk about but ask me if I care about losing Jones... Go ahead... Did you ask? The answer is I don't...

I thought we had a diamond in the rough with Kamar Aiken and now the Patriots have him on their active 53 man roster... Watch him destroy us next year...

Edited by DefenseWinzChampionshipz

Even though we ARE thin at receiver and were before this decision IMO Bills decided to let him go.

It's a big deal to me.

What do we have ?

SJ =slot/outside

Nelson= slot

Graham outside

Smith ? not sure

then

Easily and martin and some others i dont know the names of. and the pass catching TE Chandler. then spiller and jackson.

The FO surely has a plan. Is it FA or are we drafting some. WRs take awhile to develop, ask TJ !

But this move is dramatic in my eyes. We better keep a close eye on this. I hope they have a secret handshake already with some one who can get open even when he's not (Bowe).

Thanks for putting that into perspective. Damn, we are bad at the WR position!

It's a big deal to me.

What do we have ?

SJ =slot/outside

Nelson= slot

Graham outside

Smith ? not sure

then

Im guessing intend on using some of that cap space on a WR in FA