Titus Young released 2x, arrested 4x

Interesting point. He is ultimately the one to blame for his stupidity, but his teams helped create this entitled monster. Because of his talent, he had a lot of things overlooked. I think his problems go back to high school. When you don't get real consequences, you keep taking and taking.

Young is an idiot but these teams used him just as much.

Also as we've been discussing it's not necessarily only a case of him being an idiot.

This guy could be having serious chemical imbalances in his brain. Even ones that are not drug-induced.

I'm not making excuses for the guy but rather pointing out some possibilities for his bizarre behavior.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also wonder how many people have truly been trying to help him over the years.

who knows - hes seemingly had a few people reach out but as fans we never know the personal side like we think we do.

the fact that his HS coach had run-ins with the bad side and is still allegedly trying to reach out is a decent sign.... he got some tough love and it sounded well intentioned at Boise.

obviously a healthy titus is the best for a team, but just like a concussion.... a coaching staff has the upcoming week as a priority, not always a players long term health or stability. its hard enough when its a physical condition, and we see how the tough guy atmosphere has an even more difficult time dealing with the soft side issues in the brain with the current head trauma situations.... couple that with the kind of discussions we get about money and the leaches that try to hook on to guys and lead them the wrong way for their own gain... its a tough business to start. while there are more resources at his disposal there are certainly a lot more potential (and very public) pitfalls

who knows what, if any, real help has been offered looking into his troubles and their root causes... who knows what, if any, he has accepted.

hopefully for his sake the story gets told as a redemption and not just a warning.

Interesting point. He is ultimately the one to blame for his stupidity, but his teams helped create this entitled monster. Because of his talent, he had a lot of things overlooked. I think his problems go back to high school. When you don't get real consequences, you keep taking and taking. Young is an idiot but these teams used him just as much.

he had consequences - suspensions etc... We dont know if they tried to use football to rehabilitate him or if they used him to get their own gains.... behind closed doors theres a lot we just dont know with regards to what was going on with him. with someone struggling sometimes embracing something they are passionate about, and in this case something that would give him a TON of resources you or i wouldnt have access to is a good thing for the player. if hes truly got some sort of manic/bipolar type of situation going on, its possible that he went through phases when they thought they were really reaching him and making an impact instead of it being straight line bad behavior the whole way through.

its a tough spot because the natural thing is to speculate on what type of person he must be.... i stand by the early posts stating strongly to keep him away from my team, but if he does need help (and at this point it seems pretty obvious he needs some sort of help, who knows what with though) i hope the guy gets it sooner rather than later.

Edited by NoSaint

Also as we've been discussing it's not necessarily only a case of him being an idiot.

This guy could be having serious chemical imbalances in his brain. Even ones that are not drug-induced.

I'm not making excuses for the guy but rather pointing out some possibilities for his bizarre behavior.

I heard Gil Brandt I think on Late Hits saying that he was off his meds and that is what happens when you go off your meds.

Exactly. I have some experience with mental illness in my family, and my first instinct when hearing about Young's third arrest was that he has some undiagnosed illness or personality disorder.

Exactly. I have some experience with mental illness in my family, and my first instinct when hearing about Young's third arrest was that he has some undiagnosed illness or personality disorder.

or as referenced by the gil brandt comment above - maybe he has it diagnosed and is off treatment. or needs adjustments in a plan.

we especially get into it with draft picks but truly we dont know a lot about these guys behind closed doors. i always laugh when we argue whether guys have turned their lives around or not. truly, short of major events we just dont get a lot of info. it could be detroit found he was having success in treatment that had him still go so early. the more we hear the more the criminal activity sounds like symptoms of an illness... especially with medical issues (which this sounds like it is really) the player can definitely do a lot to keep things quiet. especially for a mid round guy out of boise going to detroit and being down the depth chart.... not really media hubs or places youd expect a lot of effort and digging to get beyond the initial headlines of "weeeelll there goes titus doing something crazy again, lets get some clicks on a quick write up"

Edited by NoSaint

Brandon Marshall WR, Chicago, was on ESPN saying that he wants to get Titus into a program to try and diagnose to see if he had a personality disorder like he had. Pretty upfront and honest Marshall, a very talented guy, was a basket case and he has turned it around with therapy. Titus needs to listen to this message. It is not about football but for the rest of his life.

I often find it interesting, and a bit annoying, that people can totally get that every other organ in their body can malfunction, and yet when it comes to the brain, people just can't get their head around the fact that that organ can malfunction, too.

I often find it interesting, and a bit annoying, that people can totally get that every other organ in their body can malfunction, and yet when it comes to the brain, people just can't get their head around the fact that that organ can malfunction, too.

It can be a bit disconcerting to learn that you can't necessarily trust your own thoughts. Very easy to slip into denial or put on the blinders.

i think he's been arrested four times in a week?

Titus was arrested on DUI charges last Monday and released from jail. He then was arrested again doing his best “Gone in 60 Seconds” impression and trying to steal his car back out of the police impound lot. Then Friday he was arrested for a third timeand charged with burglary, assault on a peace officer and resisting arrest. Titus was supposed to re-enter a program Monday for medical treatment when he was arrested and wound up in the medical facilities of the Central Men’s Jail in Santa Ana, Calif. instead.

i think he's been arrested four times in a week?

Titus was arrested on DUI charges last Monday and released from jail. He then was arrested again doing his best “Gone in 60 Seconds” impression and trying to steal his car back out of the police impound lot. Then Friday he was arrested for a third timeand charged with burglary, assault on a peace officer and resisting arrest. Titus was supposed to re-enter a program Monday for medical treatment when he was arrested and wound up in the medical facilities of the Central Men’s Jail in Santa Ana, Calif. instead.

Sounds like 4..... Likely a basic no show and the police swung by his house and took him to jail instead of the medical center his lawyer probably setup and promised he would be at....

thats totally speculation but sounds like what the report was saying, although they didnt actually say it. he couldve been arrested doing something completely illegal and just happened to have had treatment set up on his own that he skipped (no court involvement)

Edited by NoSaint

Youngs father is currently saying that titus has a disorder according to espn

Sketchy report that it was a brain injury his rookie year.... That's a tough pull to swallow with the long term issues long before his rookie year and no documentation of injury. Dad also says he's unsure the name of the disorder.

Edited by NoSaint

Yeeeeesh, the mother of his child has filed for a restraining order.... links to stories, and a few choice quotes below:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/16/mother-of-titus-youngs-son-gets-restraining-order-against-him/

“He would say things like, ‘I understand why O.J. killed his wife,’” she wrote. “He got mad and yelled at my neighbors and tried to fight multiple people that he doesn’t even know.”

http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county/moreno-valley/moreno-valley-headlines-index/20130516-moreno-valley-restraining-order-filed-against-titus-young.ece

"Earlier this month, Young took their son to San Diego without telling her, she said. She reported her son missing to police. It was on this trip that he was accused of robbing the Laguna Hills gas station while holding the boy."

“Titus Young Sr. has been clinically diagnosed with a mental disorder and I am afraid of what he is capable of doing,” she wrote in the restraining order request. “He also has been in a mental help facility more than once and still believes that he does not have a problem.”

Yeeeeesh, the mother of his child has filed for a restraining order.... links to stories, and a few choice quotes below:

http://profootballta...er-against-him/

"He would say things like, 'I understand why O.J. killed his wife,'" she wrote. "He got mad and yelled at my neighbors and tried to fight multiple people that he doesn't even know."

http://www.pe.com/lo...titus-young.ece

"Earlier this month, Young took their son to San Diego without telling her, she said. She reported her son missing to police. It was on this trip that he was accused of robbing the Laguna Hills gas station while holding the boy."

"Titus Young Sr. has been clinically diagnosed with a mental disorder and I am afraid of what he is capable of doing," she wrote in the restraining order request. "He also has been in a mental help facility more than once and still believes that he does not have a problem."

Good grief. Thats a train wreck right there. I hope this story eventually has a happy ending...but man, I don't know.

Thanx,

jb