It was very depressing to watch two QBs who throw the ball like that

eball

All I could think about last night, watching those two guys throw dart after dart, is how depressing it has been to look at the parade of QBs march through Buffalo over the past dozen years.

Kaepernick looks absolutely sick. He throws an unbelievable ball, with pinpoint accuracy. His pick was just an overthrow that sailed. That being the first game of his I've watched from start to finish, I am totally sold and understand completely why Harbaugh made the decision he did.

If Kaep stays healthy, the 49ers will be the team to beat for years to come. I'd take him over RGIII (even before his injury) straight up and hands down.

Flacco, meanwhile, showed what he can do with protection and some good receivers, and his ability to hit the deep throw is uncanny.

Please, Buddy/Doug, find us a QB.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really embarrassing to teams like Buffalo and several others for passing on guys like Kaepernick and Wilson. I appreciated Kap going in, but seeing him last night... yeah, his arm and accuracy are sick. Once he learns to read NFL defenses in his sleep...he will be amazing.

Simms even hinted at it...you need arm strength in today's NFL.

I've been a Glennon guy going into this draft because he has a sick arm, and Flacco-ish mobility. I feel like if we draft Nassib, the Bills are getting, maybe a slightly upgraded Fitzpatrick. I dunno.

Edited by zow2

Don't be depressed - just be happy that there are QB's out there and the Bills will upgrade immediately when they get off their rears and get one.

Glennon though? I keep hearing he has this big arm but I didn't see it at all during the Senior Bowl week nor did he use it much during the season. Comparisons to Flacco?? Joe Flacco wasn't as skinny as Glennon in Middle School - no thanks.

Wilson's got an arm - and if you want someone with all the tools and throws a strong NFL fastball just stick with Manuel.

We need a real QB: + 1

Q: Why does anyone here believe that Buddy is the guy to draft a QB, when he has been so apparently sold on Fitz that

he basically ignored the position for the last three drafts in a row, no QB's except a 7th rounder, and passed on two QBs in last years

draft that were throwing the playoffs?

Just asking: I don't think he can do it.

Don't be depressed - just be happy that there are QB's out there and the Bills will upgrade immediately when they get off their rears and get one.

Glennon though? I keep hearing he has this big arm but I didn't see it at all during the Senior Bowl week nor did he use it much during the season. Comparisons to Flacco?? Joe Flacco wasn't as skinny as Glennon in Middle School - no thanks.

Wilson's got an arm - and if you want someone with all the tools and throws a strong NFL fastball just stick with Manuel.

There are QBs out there. I don't see many, if any at all, that will be leading teams to the SB, that are available this year. I pray that I'm wrong and we land one. I just don't see it. I think Manuel and Geno have the best chance, while wouldn't hate Barkley.

All I could think about last night, watching those two guys throw dart after dart, is how depressing it has been to look at the parade of QBs march through Buffalo over the past dozen years.

Kaepernick looks absolutely sick. He throws an unbelievable ball, with pinpoint accuracy. His pick was just an overthrow that sailed. That being the first game of his I've watched from start to finish, I am totally sold and understand completely why Harbaugh made the decision he did.

If Kaep stays healthy, the 49ers will be the team to beat for years to come. I'd take him over RGIII (even before his injury) straight up and hands down.

Flacco, meanwhile, showed what he can do with protection and some good receivers, and his ability to hit the deep throw is uncanny.

But we have a good QB. It's our WRs that suck....

Edited by NewEra

Q: Why does anyone here believe that Buddy is the guy to draft a QB, when he has been so apparently sold on Fitz that

he basically ignored the position for the last three drafts in a row, no QB's except a 7th rounder, and passed on two QBs in last years

agree get buddy outta here before the draft...........i don't understand the purpose of keeping him around.

There is a plausible scenario, if you choose to accept it, that Buddy focused on acquiring non-QB talent on a roster void of it during the past three years. This scenario doesn't presume Buddy was "so sold on Fitz" he didn't want to get a QB, but that he put faith in his HC's assertion Fitz was serviceable until they found the "franchise" guy they wanted.

You don't have to agree with that strategy, and you may find it flawed -- many would echo those sentiments. Regardless, I think Buddy very much wants to draft a franchise QB.

There are QBs out there. I don't see many, if any at all, that will be leading teams to the SB, that are available this year. I pray that I'm wrong and we land one. I just don't see it. I think Manuel and Geno have the best chance, while wouldn't hate Barkley.

But we have a good QB. It's our WRs that suck....

You gotta be kidding right?

Edited by ReturnoftheBuffaloBeast23

There is a plausible scenario, if you choose to accept it, that Buddy focused on acquiring non-QB talent on a roster void of it during the past three years. This scenario doesn't presume Buddy was "so sold on Fitz" he didn't want to get a QB, but that he put faith in his HC's assertion Fitz was serviceable until they found the "franchise" guy they wanted.

You don't have to agree with that strategy, and you may find it flawed -- many would echo those sentiments. Regardless, I think Buddy very much wants to draft a franchise QB.

Perhaps, but waiting until arguably the worst QB draft during his tenure as GM probably isn't the way to go about it.

Seeing the QB arms in the playoffs, as Simms correctly pointed out, made me physically sick.

I'm not sure of this story that is purported that Buddy was 'sold' on Fitz. He prioritized other areas of the team and while there's certainly plenty to criticize him there. I've seen nothing beyond they thought they could win games with Fitzpatrick while upgrading other areas of the team. Given the state of our Defense and where our offense was ranked, I'd say they were right. That the Defense was a bigger problem than QB was.

Everyone wants to go Al Davis on this team.

Edited by jeremy2020

Both teams having QBs that can throw like that is no coincidence. It's what is needed to compete in todays NFL.

Add in a running threat like you get with Kap and you really have something. I expect SF to be strong for a long time to come.

It took SF what, 2 years to turn around. Funny what the right QB and head coach can do for a franchise isn't it.

And the Bills are still at 13 years and counting. But the Bills have a new HC and presumably will have a new QB as well so who knows.

Edited by CodeMonkey