Beyonce

Dragonborn10

lmao, what is going on in this thread? I get all the old guys who only like classic rock won't get her, but untalented? Are you insane lol? She has an incredible voice and I am not even in to her music. She is smoking hot, an incredible dancer, and can sing a hell of a lot better than most female singers out there. The girl has got it together to say the least. This board seems to hate everything and everyone not associated with the Bills lol

Not true. We hate on a lot of what the Bills do too :D

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lmao, what is going on in this thread? I get all the old guys who only like classic rock won't get her, but untalented? Are you insane lol? She has an incredible voice and I am not even in to her music. She is smoking hot, an incredible dancer, and can sing a hell of a lot better than most female singers out there. The girl has got it together to say the least. This board seems to hate everything and everyone not associated with the Bills lol

and also hates most things associated with the bills!

Not true. We hate on a lot of what the Bills do too :D

beat me to it!

some crappy electronic music.............ive never understood the "electronic scene"...........

i don't get the obsession with house music Dj's and the whole weird scene.

My son DJ's at bars on Chippewa and the Elmwood strip. Part time, blows me away how much $$$ he gets for that

Beyonce is what passes for entertainment. A hot babe, lip syncing an auto tuned recording. About 3 minutes into her show I fell asleep. Maybe she can sing maybe she can't depends on who is listening. Alicia Keys didn't come off as bad as I thought she might. I like to hear the Anthem sung as it was written. Straight up and true to the original notes with no warbling. Find someone who can do that and they'll go down in history as one of the best ever. 99% of today's popular singers just don't have the pipes to reach the range. So they change it. They have no choice.

Hate to burst the bubbles of the egos here, but the NFL does not give a crap what middle aged guys think about the half time show, nor should they. You'll watch the game anyhow...it's the younger and female demographics that count. My wife enjoyed it immensely as did her friends. I didn't mind watching it myself....

I'll give you the rest, but she's a very limited dancer. She's a great dancer in the way Aaron Williams is a great cover corner. He's better than the average Joe off the street but very bad for the league he's in. Same thing here; all her dances are choreographed to work within her limited skill set. Not that I give a ****, as far as I'm concerned she's just something to look at.

My only gripe with her has less to do with her & more to do with her perception. She's every bit as trashy as Madonna, and that's fine, but then she's treated as though she's some kind of national treasure. I don't get it.

Hate to burst the bubbles of the egos here, but the NFL does not give a crap what middle aged guys think about the half time show, nor should they. You'll watch the game anyhow...it's the younger and female demographics that count. My wife enjoyed it immensely as did her friends. I didn't mind watching it myself....

Me and my wife are both 25 and we couldn't care less than to watch that horrible half time show. Is why I took a nice nap during it. I know talent when I see it, and that certainly isn't it. ^_^

I hear you...but football is only part of the Super Bowl. From what I hear, last nights Super Bowl was the highest rated ever...so, the NFL obviously knows how to tap into the mainstream America mind-set. That never makes for a completely satisfying prodction.

This -- all this halftime crap and national anthem butchering is designed to keep non-football fans interested. Simple as that.

But it makes me laugh at the supposed hard-core football fans getting their panties in a bunch because others choose not to fawn all over yet another overdone pop act in the middle of a football game.

Me and my wife are both 25 and we couldn't care less than to watch that horrible half time show. Is why I took a nice nap during it. I know talent when I see it, and that certainly isn't it. ^_^

To each their own. I don't follow her, my wife does, and she said Beyonce is the best concert performance she has ever seen. It obviously had appeal to many, judging by the numbers it had. She's not on my iTunes, but that's not my kind of music.

I'll give you the rest, but she's a very limited dancer. She's a great dancer in the way Aaron Williams is a great cover corner. He's better than the average Joe off the street but very bad for the league he's in. Same thing here; all her dances are choreographed to work within her limited skill set. Not that I give a ****, as far as I'm concerned she's just something to look at.

My only gripe with her has less to do with her & more to do with her perception. She's every bit as trashy as Madonna, and that's fine, but then she's treated as though she's some kind of national treasure. I don't get it.

Madonna was treated like some kind of national treasure in her twenties and thirties too.

Madonna was treated like some kind of national treasure in her twenties and thirties too.

She was also treated like the town whore. Granted, the culture has lightened up over the last few decades, (which is partly why I loved the 90s so much) but I still find it interesting that this sleazy chick is so glorified & celebrated, almost in a "girl next door" kind of way.

She was also treated like the town whore. Granted, the culture has lightened up over the last few decades, (which is partly why I loved the 90s so much) but I still find it interesting that this sleazy chick is so glorified & celebrated, almost in a "girl next door" kind of way.

The preferred term is "fierce" I believe :D. Like you said, it's perception. Almost anything a woman does can be marketed as female empowerment. And if men enjoy watching them be empowered, that's all the more money.

I call it a mutualistic symbiosis personally.

Remember when the superbowl half-time show consisted of a marching band, nobody watched the commercials, the teams' fans went to the game, and the superbowl was about football? :cry:

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

This -- all this halftime crap and national anthem butchering is designed to keep non-football fans interested. Simple as that.

But it makes me laugh at the supposed hard-core football fans getting their panties in a bunch because others choose not to fawn all over yet another overdone pop act in the middle of a football game.

No ****. And I am in the process of doing away with it :D

Funny how I don't recall any big half time show or over blown commercials during the world cup/euro cup and those are also games that receive top ratings in terms of casual fan viewership.

Edited by meazza

She actually has a beautiful voice but you would never know it from her live performances, particularly yesterday.

Terrible, terrible performance.

There was nothing in her performance that appealed to me, despite her wonderful looks.

Edited by fmr60

not sure if sleazy is the right word for her........she has no madonna like tales of sleeping with everyone in the world.....so she shows off some sexy legs when she performs....blah.