Donte Whitner 7th Worst Safety

For all you "BooHoo, I wish we still had 'lil donte on our team" guys around here, maybe a little stats lesson is in order, and we can all finally put to bed the issue that the Bills should have kept him. In what I have personally witnessed, and now seen in actual stats, he is LUCKY that even our fanbase thinks he is a "middle of the pack" safety, the stats prove he was the 7th WORST safety to allow TDs against him personally. stats don't lie, let's all agree that the front office did the right thing for once and let that useless football bat walk.

Linkie-poo: https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/30/signature-stats-first-downs-allowed-safeties/

for comparison, our own Jairus Byrd ranked in the top 5 BEST.

He sucks, he's gone, Can we all let 'lil donte go now??

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For all you "BooHoo, I wish we still had 'lil donte on our team" guys around here, maybe a little stats lesson is in order, and we can all finally put to bed the issue that the Bills should have kept him. In what I have personally witnessed, and now seen in actual stats, he is LUCKY that even our fanbase thinks he is a "middle of the pack" safety, the stats prove he was the 7th WORST safety to allow TDs against him personally. stats don't lie, let's all agree that the front office did the right thing for once and let that useless football bat walk.

Linkie-poo: https://www.profootb...lowed-safeties/

Says the guy who started the thead! :lol:

The way I look at it, he is the 25th best safety in the league.

I don't know why people hate him so much. He was always a good teammate and a leader on the team. He might not deserved to be drafted where he was but that is not his fault. He is gone, let him be. Wish him the best and move forward. Good luck Donte in the Superbowl. am rooting for the Ravens but I wish him the best.

Donte would try to refute your arguments but he is too busy preparing for the Super Bowl.

These stats are interesting.

Based on what I have seen, I would view Whitner more of an average/middle-of-the-pack safety, not one of the worst in the league.

But as I've said in other posts, if I had my choice, I'd take Wilson, Byrd, and Searcy over Whitner. The stats confirm as much.

And you may be right. Stats only tell part of the story, particularly in football. To grade guys, merely on stats, is to pretend that the 10 players on the field with him have no impact on his game. How many times has a guy put up a great season, signed with another team, and disappeared?

Apparently you can't.

Not to defend Whitner, but your analysis is wrong. The second chart is far more useful given that it's based on actual percentages. Whitner is not in the bottom ten on that one.

Excellenet post! Especially impressive for Byrd and Wilson to be on this list when they weren't often helped by a pass rush.

Donte would try to refute your arguments but he is too busy preparing for the Super Bowl.

Naahhh, he's too busy making claims he can't back up on twitter...

hahhahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

oh oh oh ...

hahahahahhahhahhahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

i cant breathe

I rarely comment on the utterly stupid comments made around here, but...

And you may be right. Stats only tell part of the story, particularly in football. To grade guys, merely on stats, is to pretend that the 10 players on the field with him have no impact on his game. How many times has a guy put up a great season, signed with another team, and disappeared?

Also, how many safeties have had great seasons on bad defenses?

While at the same time having to decline his first Pro Bowl invitation.

Excellenet post!

Kollege Studnet?

The way I look at it, he is the 25th best safety in the league.

I don't know why people hate him so much. He was always a good teammate and a leader on the team. He might not deserved to be drafted where he was but that is not his fault. He is gone, let him be. Wish him the best and move forward. Good luck Donte in the Superbowl. am rooting for the Ravens but I wish him the best.

People are jealous because he is on a SB bound team. Bills fans always want to see former Bills suck and fade away.

He's just in the wrong system.

People are jealous because he is on a SB bound team. Bills fans always want to see former Bills suck and fade away.

Not true. I rooted for Takeo Spikes and London Fletcher wherever they went.

Whitner rejected more money from the Bills and then cried about the many ways in which the Bills did him wrong, despite making him a top-ten pick and offering him the most money in free agency.