E.J. Manuel - QB - Florida State

PIZ

#8 billsb_logo.gifBuffalo Bills: E.J. Manuel, QB, Florida State FloridaState_logo.gif

Please god. Please.

Please Santa. Please.

Please Easter Bunny. Please.

If you have seen the Gruden qb shows this year, please opine on this: I have said for years to friends, that what I want to see in a qb (or any position in the draft) is a "grown-ass man." Not a boy or somebody just happy to be here. I want somebody who wants to kill the other team and too bad its not legal.

I saw it in Andy Dalton, but not Cam Newton. I see it in Luck and RG III and Russell wilson, but not Sanchez or Romo or even Cutler.

Geno is a goof. Barkley is happy to be here, isnt this cool. EJ Manuel is like "yeah, I'm bout to f**c somebody up."

And ask yourself: How long has it been since you woke up on a Sunday and said to yourself "we're about to f**k this team up?" Usually I'm happy if I can get myself up to "yeah, we have a chance if this and this and this and this happens, and we get a little luck too." I want to look forward to f**king some teams up.

lol

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, though.

Draft me a guard at 8, and I dont get excited for Sundays. Draft me a 5'7" midget, Roscoe 2.0, and I expect a couple plays, but I'm not going to Vegas betting $1,000 on the Bills.

Draft me a grown-ass man at QB and its "on"

I support the "grown ass man" approach 110%

I, for one believe that Tom Brady wakes up sunday morning and DOES say (something like) "I'm about to F___ these mofos up!" -If only to himself, and in his own head... A "grown ass man"-type NFL player NEEDS to have that mentality to be successful. Call it supreme competitiveness, or Killer instinct, -I want that chit in ALL my players, offense or defense.

Now, does EJ Manuel have it? -Eeeee....I'm not so sure. I know he's alot closer to it than Ryan Nassib or Matt Barkley. I think EJ and Tyler Wilson are the best of a very weak class. I'll be fine with Either of those two. If the pick was mine, however, I'd Take Ansah. (if he was still there) Chance Warmack seems to be the BPA @ 8 if Ansah is off the board. When it comes to football, BOTH of these kids, are without a doubt "grown ass men"

My fav QB in this draft class. I think he is the most talented out of the other guys and may not be able to start Day 1 but I think his upside is unlimited. Geno has some big numbers but doesn't come across as a gamer.

I think he can start right away.

He played all four years and was a 3-year starter in a pro-style offense.

He's an Academic All-American and is working on his second degree.

No reason why he couldn't start as a rookie.

You may be right, he may take a bit of time learning how to go through his reads in the NFL but he is such a great athlete he can def make plays right away. I hope the Bills like this guy.

He was a 2 year starter. His other 6-7 starts came when Ponder was hurt. I'd love for the Bills to draft him, but i certainly wouldn't expect him to start on opening day. He'll definitely need a bit of seasoning and coaching. I'd see him as a projected 2014 starter for whatever team drafts him.

I am highly disappointed that the Bills seem to have very little interest in him. They were down here visiting him, had him at OBD, etc. I hope all the other (Nassib, Barkley) rumors are just that, to disguise their interest in him (EJ), but i got a feeling that's not the case at all.

Edited by Ramius

He was a 2 year starter. His other 6-7 starts came when Ponder was hurt. I'd love for the Bills to draft him, but i certainly wouldn't expect him to start on opening day. He'll definitely need a bit of seasoning and coaching. I'd see him as a projected 2014 starter for whatever team drafts him.

I am highly disappointed that the Bills seem to have very little interest in him. They were down here visiting him, had him at OBD, etc. I hope all the other (Nassib, Barkley) rumors are just that, to disguise their interest in him (EJ), but i got a feeling that's not the case at all.

I'm with you. He seems to be off of Buddy's radar, despite the OBD visit.

It's too bad as I think he's got a lot more upside than the 'game managers' in this draft class...

Me too.

:(

EJ isn't a west coast QB. He won't be a Bill.

And that's the prevailing wisdom, that Nassib and Barkley are the best systemic fits.

Sigh....what happened to fitting the scheme to the talent?

Didn't we learn a lesson from Greggo about buying a 'square peg' hammer, rather than a round one...

I know.

It's just like when there was all that talk about Gailey liking athletic QBs and then hitching his wagon to Fitz and passing up on all these athletic QBs.

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

EJ Manuel would be a super solid choice imo. If Marone meant what he said, that he would adjust the system to fit the player, it shouldn't matter that if he is a west coast player or not. This guy has the best upside. The biggest knock on him is that he isn't "consistent," yet he was pretty consistent last year. He has all the physical talent and seems to have the right character traits. I don't understand why all these pundits have Geno ahead of him. They are the first to point out geno had only like 6 interceptions last year, but what about all those fumbles? Those fumbles to me are a huge red flag that this is a problem that might carry over into the nfl with him. It was something that was a problem for him for most of his college career. If he is going to fumble that much, might as well have Fitz throwing interceptions.

If it were up to me, I say take EJ somwhere and take bray or wilson in the 5th or something like the skins did last year. Can't hurt grabbing to decent QB prospects in one year. It would give us a better chance at improving the position.