Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds an awful lot like restraint of trade and I'm sure the US Department of Justice would not look too kindly on it.

The DOJ may regulate baseball trades after the Curt Flood case years ago, but it has nothing to do with football trades. Besides, I thought you wanted to draft the guy, not trade for him. Make up your mind.

That sounds an awful lot like restraint of trade and I'm sure the US Department of Justice would not look too kindly on it.

The league has changed. Name a pocket QB drafted in the past 5 years that has done anything. Don't try because you can't. Your choices are Skelton, Sanchez and crack head Frankenstein. They are all worthless.

Ryan. Stafford and Flacco are hardly worthless... on a more important note Roethlisberger is the only QB that can marginally be called a running QB to win a SB in the past 10+ years

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

How did you come up with this dumb idea? Did you get high first?

WTF?!?!?

You do realize he has to be eligible and declare for the draft right? And even if we could do this, he's still in the NCAA and can't receive any contract or have any money involved or he would be out of college football.

Not sure what the rule is, regarding a player that hasn't finished college in the NFL. But I know they have to be old enough to have 3 seasons in NCAA. Not sure how that would work with a walk on or something like that.

Either way, I hate the way the way the NFL is going to, but man, you need to get a grip.

Yeah - the OP gets this - he's talking about the Bills "cheating" and raising a legal stink with the NFL.

Ain't going to happen - tempting as it may be to several franchises.

Al Davis is dead - otherwise I'd give him a 20% chance to actually try some stunt like this.

The DOJ may regulate baseball trades after the Curt Flood case years ago, but it has nothing to do with football trades. Besides, I thought you wanted to draft the guy, not trade for him. Make up your mind.

Restraint of trade uses the word "trade" as a cinnamon for "commerce". With the AG being a Columbia grad and the Bills being the only team to draft a Columbia grad in decades, I think I know where he'd stand on this.

Ryan. Stafford and Flacco are hardly worthless... on a more important note Roethlisberger is the only QB that can marginally be called a running QB to win a SB in the past 10+ years

Kapernick, RG3 and Wilson were all drafted in one year and you come up with 3 QBs over the span of 5 or more years. See a trend? Plus the fact that none of them have won anything anyway.

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

What an idiot. He isn't able to go to the nfl this year lol. You must be petter pan and fly a lot. Where's the fairy dust? That must b up your nose

What an idiot. He isn't able to go to the nfl this year lol. You must be petter pan and fly a lot. Where's the fairy dust? That must b up your nose

If we are nice little boys and play by the rules he won't be in the NFL. If we cheat like the Pats and Saints we'll be set at QB for over a decade. I don't like to cheat but I will make an exception for Johnny Football.

I don't think the OP thought this through. If we're gonna be the first to do this, why should we use the #8 overall pick? Nix has a demonstrated history of treating 7th round picks like trash - - case in points:

(1) Jasper will be available as an undrafted free agent, but we decided to just go ahead and use our 7th round pick on him anyway; and

(b) we trade our 7th round pick to move up two spots in the third round to take a North Carolina track sprinter who can't catch.

I can see Nix figuring "What the he[[, 7th round picks aren't worth anything anyway, so let's use this year's to move up two spots in the third round and take Johnny Football" - - that way we know we get a legit #8 overall player and STILL get a shot at Manziel - - if we get slapped harder than expected for cheating at least we would have the other guy guy we picked at #8.

We can pay Manziel extra and have his contract ready to go no matter what round we draft him in, so why not move up to take him in the third?

You know the Pats would do it this way.

Edited by ICanSleepWhenI'mDead

I don't think the OP thought this through. If we're gonna be the first to do this, why should we use the #8 overall pick? Nix has a demonstrated history of treating 7th round picks like trash - - case in points:

(1) Jasper will be available as an undrafted free agent, but we decided to just go ahead and use our 7th round pick on him anyway; and

(b) we trade our 7th round pick to move up two spots in the third round to take a North Carolina track sprinter who can't catch.

I can see Nix figuring "What the he[[, 7th round picks aren't worth anything anyway, so let's use this year's to move up two spots in the third round and take Johnny Football" - - that way we know we get a legit #8 overall player and STILL get a shot at Manziel - - if we get slapped harder than expected for cheating at least we would have the other guy guy we picked at #8.

You know the Pats would do it this way.

makes sense.

I don't know which is worse; the humorless dicks that complain about this or the smart guys who have to let the cat out of the bag. It's like telling a joke with my wife in the room; she somehow thinks blurting out the punch line right away makes her funny too. It doesn't, it just ruins an otherwise funny joke.

Grow a sense of humor. And BTW, you haven't contributed enough to make demainds.

The best part though- the first 50 replies could all explain it and the next 50 will still be freak outs over it.

Think we could draft him?

Apparently Americans don't like drugs, god what's wrong with a little bit of marijuana. It's not even as bad as cigarettes or alcohol.

I like what the original poster was getting at - we need to some how gain an edge whether it's clean or dirty. On the field or off the field we need an edge. And I'm not talking rushing 4 lineman every play. We will never get any where with that mentality.

First 2 defensive plays against the patriots we should hit bradycardia and after whistle, this could cost us maybe 100 grand in penalties, but will do more for our team next year then any draft move will, wait maybe we can draft a kid who will and wants to do this :). Good day!

Apparently Americans don't like drugs, god what's wrong with a little bit of marijuana. It's not even as bad as cigarettes or alcohol.

I like what the original poster was getting at - we need to some how gain an edge whether it's clean or dirty. On the field or off the field we need an edge. And I'm not talking rushing 4 lineman every play. We will never get any where with that mentality.

First 2 defensive plays against the patriots we should hit bradycardia and after whistle, this could cost us maybe 100 grand in penalties, but will do more for our team next year then any draft move will, wait maybe we can draft a kid who will and wants to do this :). Good day!

this is the greatest post I've ever seen. I love it!