Johnny Manziel - QB - Texas A & M

4merper4mer

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like "Suck for Luck." What rhymes with Manziel? WOW! Remember when DeLuca (a poster a bunch of years back, inside joke) was ripped mercilessly for wanting to tank a season...

I've heard standstill for Manziel which is a weak rhyme but no worse than people put in those ridiculous Haiku threads.

Anyway, the whole point is the Bills should not stand still. Take action now and draft him THIS year.

Edited by 4merper4mer

A lot of things have changed over the past few years in the NFL and some have stayed the same.

With regard to the Bills selection in this draft the factor that has been a constant is that you need strong QB to be able to consistently win.

There are two things that have changed. The first is becoming obvious as it relates to QBs: mobile QBs are no longer just a novelty. They are winning, Yes, there are some proven losers like Michael Vick out there that will probably be tempting in trade scenarios, but the real winners have been the young guys like RG3, Kapernick and Wilson. The Bills could have had two of these guys and failed but maybe they have learned. The other thing that has changed, and may seem unrelated is that the NFL has proven itself to be looking the other way when it comings to individuals and teams violating rules or "cheating".

Michael Vick got to play as soon as he got out of jail. Ray Lewis, at the very least, let two guys bleed to death and gets his very own NFL pedestal. That tight end from Seattle did those horrible things with no repercussions. These individuals and others prove that after an initial hazing period, the NFL either looks the other way, or rewards dirt bags. As for teams and coaches, the Patriots cheated harshly and still are the media darlings. The refs still give them every possible break despite their sissy kicking QB and their grouchy coach. More recently, the Saints who were caught on tape trying to hurt other players, took some punishment for a while but now are back in business as are all of the violating coaches including moron in chief Gregggggg Williams.

It is time the Bills stop playing Mr. Goodytwoshoes. When Goodell approaches the podium with the #8 card in his hand I hope to see a huge scowl on his face and hear him say.........

With the 8th selection of the 2013 draft, the Buffalo Bills select Johnny Manziel, QB Texas A & M.

This of course, will involve contacting Manziel ahead of time and having a contract already done before the NFL lawyers can stop it. It will involve paying him extra $$$$ beyond his already high value but everyone has a price. It will involve the organization keeping quiet before draft day. We already know from this board that they are pretty quiet with reporters so that is a good sign. I'm sure after the fact there will be punishment but as the Patriots, Lewis, Vick, the Saints and the Seattle loser prove, it will be weak. IMO we can either take the bull by the horns and select Manziel now or stink out loud for two years and take him then. I say now.

Don't sniff glue, kids..

PTR

I don't know which is worse; the humorless dicks that complain about this or the smart guys who have to let the cat out of the bag. It's like telling a joke with my wife in the room; she somehow thinks blurting out the punch line right away makes her funny too. It doesn't, it just ruins an otherwise funny joke.

Clearly trolling. Please shut this down

Grow a sense of humor. And BTW, you haven't contributed enough to make demainds.

We could give Manziel $$$$ outside the rookie scale like a % of the franchise. As for the NFL "rules" they had rules about taping other teams too. Ignoring those won at least one Super Bowl championship and the NFL swooped in and burned the evidence themselves.

Fortunes favors the bold.

Did the Bills sign the same contract as the Pats and Saints?

The problem is you can't have the contract signed before making the pick. So let's say Manziel's contract is all drawn up and ready to go. As soon as Goodell reads the name, Johnny puts pen to paper. By the time the second round comes around the NFL lawyers will be all over this. They will probably ask for full access to the Bills computer systems and void anything that is prepped and ready to go. I think they are ready to do battle before pick #11 or #12 hits the board. I don't really care about that because our biz will be done. Now if we can't get Johnny on board then picking Clowney in the 1st might not be a bad backup plan.

i bit already Crayonz. Funny, haha, you got me. I'm done. Edited by mrags

It's so crazy, the legal case may work. The Clarrett case was different because he wasn't drafted yet. But it opens up a totally different legal front if a team drafts an "ineligible" player and then sues the NFL. Wish Al Davis were still alive to test the legal thesis against the NFL.

Well if we're heading in the direction of drafting inelligble players, why risk spending the eighth pick on an unproven and undeclared college QB. Draft Aaron Rogers.

Well if we're heading in the direction of drafting inelligble players, why risk spending the eighth pick on an unproven and undeclared college QB. Draft Aaron Rogers.

He is under a legally binding contract with another NFL team. The best we could hope for is to get him during Green Bay's bye week.

Some youngsters are making plays with there legs...The best QB's in the league remain to be pocket passers. The most durable QB's in the league remain pocket passers. Yes Wilson and Kaepernick have made some exciting plays but lets not forget that those teams where playoffs teams last year without them.

Plenty of college QB's have had some stellar college careers that didn't make it in the NFL, several freak of nature college athletes have not made it in the NFL, and now we are scheming a way to bring an 18-19 year old in as our QB of the future??? Seriously TBD needs a wall of shame for posts like this.

Here's how you go get a quarterback

1. trade this years1st round pick for a second round pick this year and a 1st and 3rd next year

2. trade each of the 2nd round picks to teams for next years 1st round picks

3. get rid of Fitz and sign Vince Young, Jamarcus Russel and Tommy Grady arena football all star

4. let Byrd and Levitre go trade Kyle Williams for a second round pick

5. Suck mightily

6. enter 2014 off-season with a ton of cap space, 4 1st round picks at least one of which should be in the top 3 (from sucking mightily), 2 2nd round picks and 2 3rd round picks

7. despite having more than twice the cap room as any other team and 8 picks in the first three rounds including 4 1st round picks - the Bills blow the entire off-season

8. Bills fans go insane and form roving gangs bent on wanton violence and cannibalism

9. A national emergency is declared and Obama faced with a choice of nuclear strikes or appeasement chooses appeasement

10. A super board of NFL pundits is created to choose one player from every NFL team and the 23 best college players to create the new Bills

11. some how beyond all reason the Bills still suck and the roving gangs continue

12. The new President a hardliner says screw it -launch nuclear strikes

13. Through a complicated series of misunderstandings every nuclear armed country launches all their nukes

14. some 20 million years later and the world is dominated by radiation resistant intelligent racoons

15. and these racoons play a game very much like football except played with melons and the winners get to eat all the melons

16. and the best tribe with the best melon thrower are from this area

17. and they feast on melon almost all the time

Here's how you go get a quarterback

9. A national emergency is declared and Obama faced with a choice of nuclear strikes or appeasement chooses appeasement

This is the only thing on your list that is realistic but it belongs in PPP with the Matt Damon rant.

Some youngsters are making plays with there legs...The best QB's in the league remain to be pocket passers. The most durable QB's in the league remain pocket passers. Yes Wilson and Kaepernick have made some exciting plays but lets not forget that those teams where playoffs teams last year without them.

Plenty of college QB's have had some stellar college careers that didn't make it in the NFL, several freak of nature college athletes have not made it in the NFL, and now we are scheming a way to bring an 18-19 year old in as our QB of the future??? Seriously TBD needs a wall of shame for posts like this.

So you don't want Manziel because he is mobile? :wacko:

Frankensteins like Mallet have long careers on a bench in today's NFL.

I don't know which is worse; the humorless dicks that complain about this or the smart guys who have to let the cat out of the bag. It's like telling a joke with my wife in the room; she somehow thinks blurting out the punch line right away makes her funny too. It doesn't, it just ruins an otherwise funny joke.

Grow a sense of humor. And BTW, you haven't contributed enough to make demainds.

If you punch her in the jaw, she'll stop ruining your jokes. Be a man, you kitten.