Pro Bowl Thread

BRAWNDO

Maybe its just me waxing romantic from being a kid, but didnt the players actually at least TRY in the Pro Bowl "back in the day?"

Back in the day the money they got for winning was more than pocket change relative to their salaries.

It echos my first thoughts as well with the Super Bowl. Last night after a long day of doing a lot of crap I started to try to remember when the Super Bowl was tomorrow or next Sunday. I laughed when all I could remember was Ray Lewis was in it, it's his last game, and that's all that stuck out about it for me. I know I will watch but the only thing I watched this year were a few Bills games - so I see no reason to start watching football this season.

The pro bowl is not a football game. It is a joke of a show. I didn't watch 1 second. My kids tried but gave up quickly.

They shouldn't even have it. It serves no purpose except maybe to make a little extra money.

The NHL all star game at least has the skills competitions the night before and they are pretty entertaining. The game itself is a glorified skate-and-shoot but they mic a few players and have conversations with them during the game. They at least make an attempt to make it watchable.

Logged in here to see what you cats were saying about the Pro Bowl.

I was going to watch until CJ was in, but couldn't even do that. Byrd flubbing an easy tackle in the Red Zone turned me away.

Two pages of comments here, with three players in the game. For contrast, Marone's penchant for saying "ya know" got twice as many pages.

Yeah, I say there is a better than 75 percent chance we just saw our last one.