Stevie Looking for Some QB Competition

BRAWNDO

As per Tim Graham's Press Coverage, Stevie thinks Fitz should have some competition at QB next year. Quite a change from his statements during the season.

http://blogs.buffalo...ompetition.html

Too easy!!!!

By stating this now, Stevie is telling the Bills management that he wants Fitz to return for training camp, i.e. pay him his bonus. What Stevie fails to realize is that Fitz has HAD chance after chance to improve his play, and it never happened. It is just time to move on...

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie is tweeting about how we need to resign Byrd and now this? Is he our GM? Does he work in the front office? He needs to worry about how he's going to improve his game and keep "what he thinks" to himself.

Yeah, those back-to-back-to-back 1000 yard seasons with a rag-arm QB show how much he needs to improve.

Personally, I welcome Stevie speaking his mind.

Stevie is tweeting about how we need to resign Byrd and now this? Is he our GM? Does he work in the front office? He needs to worry about how he's going to improve his game and keep "what he thinks" to himself.

Stevie is one of the few very talented players on the team. He cares about winning. Why shouldn't he give an opinion about what this team needs to do to improve? Its nice that he cares about more than collecting a paycheck. I would disagree with him though about bringing Fitzie back. The guy is a marginal talent with no upside, and is definitely not a winner. I say we will cut all ties with him after Marone looks at the film.

Yeah, those back-to-back-to-back 1000 yard seasons with a rag-arm QB show how much he needs to improve.

Personally, I welcome Stevie speaking his mind.

+1

I have no problem with what stevie said. There should be competition at every position on this team. WR/QB especially..

I think we will get that with Doug Marrone. He is no-nonsense and wants to win. The end of "positional entitlement" under Jauron and Gailey has arrived. There is a reason so many SU players quit when Marrone came. 2 years later, they had their first winning season in nearly a decade. It's the same approach Harbaugh took in San Fran: play the best guy.

Stevie is our best WR, bar none. He had a couple bad games with drops this past year yet he also made some sick catches as well from a QB who far too often can't even see the barn, let alone hit it. I do like Fitz, but his accuracy simply is poor. His deep ball is either 5 yards too deep, or 5 yards too short far too often. Stevie has more than earned the right to express his feelings. He plays hurt (toughness) and plays very well. Maybe some here hold ask Revis what he thinks of Stevie.

I think we will get that with Doug Marrone. He is no-nonsense and wants to win. The end of "positional entitlement" under Jauron and Gailey has arrived. There is a reason so many SU players quit when Marrone came. 2 years later, they had their first winning season in nearly a decade. It's the same approach Harbaugh took in San Fran: play the best guy.

I'm definitely positive about Marrone. Never really thrilled about DJ or Gailey signings, was more neutral.

You need to get off Stevie's nuts. You obviously haven't seen him play this year or last year. Whoever his QB is greatly impacts him so he has every right to voice his opinions.

This.

Watch some film, realize that WR on other teams do manage to catch balls that aren't perfectly thrown to them - leap, dive, come back for the ball.

There's more to being a top-eschalon WR in the NFL than always being open.

Yea, cause he has terrible hands... and doesn't dive or leap for any balls, ever.

CXKmW.gif

gepTK.gif

Well, like him, tolerate him, whatever. SJ13 is a corporate employee on one of 32 franchises. Is he entitled to his opinion? Absolutely. Should he make his opinion on say resigning Byrd public? Probably not something his employer wants, but it is the digital age.

SJ13 tweets, etc. would carry a lot more weight (even get national attention) if he was close to a pro bowl player, or even a clutch receiver. Which he is not.

Yes, he put up 3 one thousand yard seasons.In an age where it's no longer the milestone it was even in Andre's era. He puts these numbers up when really he is his QB's first target, based on his uncanny skill of getting open without speed.. The Donald's would be buried on playoff teams depth charts if even that. However, the Bills start players like that. SJ13 has no peer on a pathetic wide receiver corp.He is tough, plays hurt, and man he would be a great permanent slot receiver, if the Bills could find anyone even close to a clutch, fast, skilled wide out. That player is not on the roster. TJ Graham IMO showed little sign of the light turning on in his rookie year. To date,He is simply a player in Nix's list of draft busts.

I'm happy SJ13 is a Bill for the future. He has a place on the team. But, he also loves to hear himself talk. Nothing wrong with that

But, he is a player on a team who hasn't even come close to sniff even .500 ball. he has never once taken a game and put it on his back and taken it over, or Heaven forbid won it. It's not because he never had the chances either.His words thoughts, endorsements of his losing QB , whatever ring a little hollow. Because outside of WNY he is no big deal. It's nice to see some fans passionately back him though. He is one of only a couple players on the team worth watching play on game days.Him saying he would like some competition at qb is stating the obvious. Is that even news?

I personally like players who do their talking on the field, and in the playoffs. Watching all of this years playoff teams showed me just how far away the Bills are from being relevant in the league.

I like Stevie a lot (though he's made me want to smash my TV on more than one occassion). Though not elite, it can be argued that he's a top 20 WR in the league.

If we go QB in the 1st round we could definitely go WR and/or TE in the 2nd. Lord knows we've ignored the WR and TE positions long enough in the draft. Last WR we took in the first 2 rounds was Hardy ( i think) in 2008 - I guess that has scared us off.

There are plenty of good TE's in this draft and if we go with a rookie QB,, what better compliment than two big TE's in chandler and a Zach Ertz or Tyler Eifert.

Kelce from Cincy is also a really nice TE that could be there in the 3rd round.

Stevie is one of the few very talented players on the team. He cares about winning. Why shouldn't he give an opinion about what this team needs to do to improve? Its nice that he cares about more than collecting a paycheck. I would disagree with him though about bringing Fitzie back. The guy is a marginal talent with no upside, and is definitely not a winner. I say we will cut all ties with him after Marone looks at the film.

What Bills team do you watch?