WR Free Agents

Mark Vader

Seeing as how depth at WR is an issue with the Bills, here are some names of WR's who are unrestricted free agents. Could the Bills look this way for help?

I would love to have Houshmandzadeh on the team, does Takeo have any influence? Travis Taylor, Corey Bradford, and Tai Streets could be worth a look, and they may come at a bargain price. I did lobby for Streets last year and still think he can be a valuable receiver.

Thoughts anyone?

David Patten UFA Patriots

Travis Taylor UFA Ravens

T.J. Houshmandzadeh UFA Bengals

Plaxico Burress UFA Steelers

Corey Bradford UFA Texans

Troy Walters UFA Colts

Troy Edwards UFA Jaguars

Tai Streets UFA Lions

Dane Looker UFA Rams

Joey Galloway UFA Buccaneers

Bill Schroeder UFA Buccaneers

Dedric Ward UFA Cowboys

James Thrash UFA Redskins

What's wrong with the wides we have?

I've got no problem with moving Aiken in as the number three reciever next year and letting Josh go to four. Houzmenzahdeh is going to command some dough considering he put up nearly 1k yards this year. Cincy will probably let him go considering Warrick should be back next year and is an ample number two reciever.

I'd like to see Freddie Jones for Travis Henry. Edit: we need more short yardage production. Last year I preached Willis would help Drew in this area. Campbell may be the guy but I'm more inclined to go with a Freddie Jones seeing Travis wants out.

Travis Taylor is horrible, the only #1 bust in the Ravens short history.

They are desperate for WR help, but appear to be making no effort to re-sign him... I believe he was a healthy scratch for some of their late season games.

Maybe some team can turn him around, but I hope he signs with the Felons. :D

Travis Taylor is horrible, the only #1 bust in the Ravens short history.

They are desperate for WR help, but appear to be making no effort to re-sign him... I believe he was a healthy scratch for some of their late season games.

Maybe some team can turn him around, but I hope he signs with the Felons. :D

195565[/snapback]

.J. Houshmandzadeh UFA Bengals

How about this guy?

I see no problem utilizing Aiken as #3 and focussing our cap $ in other areas. Most of those guys listed are either a downgrade (Streets, Ward, Thrash) or potentially too expensive (Burress, TJ) for a team that already has Moulds and Evans.

I see no problem utilizing Aiken as #3 and focussing our cap $ in other areas. Most of those guys listed are either a downgrade (Streets, Ward, Thrash) or potentially too expensive (Burress, TJ) for a team that already has Moulds and Evans.

195605[/snapback]

What about Josh Reed? I remember you liked him a lot...

I'd still like to see what he can do with JP before letting him go.

What's about Josh Reed? I remember you liked him a lot...

195611[/snapback]

I am kind of down on Reed. Do you think he just hasn't been used properly? I had high hopes for him as a slot receiver who could take short passes and turn them into long gains.

If you want a cheap and VERY solid WR, check out Dane Looker out of St.Louis. He was very underutilized by that idiot Martz, and he rarely drops any balls. Would be an excellent, low-key free agent pick up for us. In fact, I hereby make him my "Marcus Price" 2005 free agent priority.

I am kind of down on Reed. Do you think he just hasn't been used properly? I had high hopes for him as a slot receiver who could take short passes and turn them into long gains.

195633[/snapback]

I don't really know what his problem is, but having Drew as his QB hasn't exactly helped matters. Maybe with JP, things will finally click. I wouldn't totally give up on him yet.

195611[/snapback]

Yeah I did like him and gave him a really long leash as far as putting up with his struggles from a fan's point of view, but those days are nearly entirely in the rear view mirror. His continued concentration lapses have cost this team too many times and I can't justify him having the #3 spot merely as a good blocker. When he DOES catch the ball he shows great leg strength in getting extra yards but again he is just too inconsistent for me to keep supporting him.

Rico Posted Yesterday, 12:42 PM

QUOTE(34-78-83 @ Jan 6 2005, 12:38 PM)

I still like Josh Reed, and I would still like to see him utilized as a slot receiver where he was at his best during his rookie season. I am skeptical about Aiken, he did nothing to impress me that much this year.

I mainly brought this list up to see if there are alternatives, if the Bills choose to not stay with Reed or Aiken.

What's wrong with the wides we have?

I've got no problem with moving Aiken in as the number three reciever next year and letting Josh go to four. Houzmenzahdeh is going to command some dough considering he put up nearly 1k yards this year. Cincy will probably let him go considering Warrick should be back next year and is an ample number two reciever.

I'd like to see Freddie Jones for Travis Henry. Edit: we need more short yardage production. Last year I preached Willis would help Drew in this area. Campbell may be the guy but I'm more inclined to go with a Freddie Jones seeing Travis wants out.

195529[/snapback]

more than likely we'll see someone brought in to compete with reed and aiken for the number 3 spot.

I think Reed is capable of being a quality #3, but he needs to get his head right. i posted earlier that his psyche is shot after the season he had last year, I stand by that. the guy has the tools, he just needs to accept the role he's been given, a #3 receiver. he's not starting material, but there are a quite a few WRs out there who have made their careers on being a slot receiver. guys like bobby engram and az hakim come to mind.