WR Free Agents

Mark Vader

Yeah I did like him and gave him a really long leash as far as putting up with his struggles from a fan's point of view, but those days are nearly entirely in the rear view mirror. His continued concentration lapses have cost this team too many times and I can't justify him having the #3 spot merely as a good blocker. When he DOES catch the ball he shows great leg strength in getting extra yards but again he is just too inconsistent for me to keep supporting him.

195659[/snapback]

Aiken is pretty similar in terms of his positives and his lapses. He can make a good catch, but then he runs for the extra two yards instead of out of bounds when clock time is critical.

As for Porter, Burress, TJ, I think they all want at least #2, maybe #1 spots on a roster. I don't see us getting them.

Seeing as how depth at WR is an issue with the Bills, here are some names of WR's who are unrestricted free agents. Could the Bills look this way for help?

I would love to have Houshmandzadeh on the team, does Takeo have any influence? Travis Taylor, Corey Bradford, and Tai Streets could be worth a look, and they may come at a bargain price. I did lobby for Streets last year and still think he can be a valuable receiver.

Thoughts anyone?

David Patten UFA Patriots 

Travis Taylor UFA Ravens 

T.J. Houshmandzadeh UFA Bengals 

Plaxico Burress UFA Steelers 

Corey Bradford UFA Texans 

Troy Walters UFA Colts 

Troy Edwards UFA Jaguars 

Tai Streets UFA Lions 

Dane Looker UFA Rams   

Joey Galloway UFA Buccaneers 

Bill Schroeder UFA Buccaneers 

Dedric Ward UFA Cowboys 

James Thrash  UFA Redskins

195510[/snapback]

Good list. I think that more than half of those guys could provide the Bills with a quality 3rd receiver

Aiken is pretty similar in terms of his positives and his lapses.  He can make a good catch, but then he runs for the extra two yards instead of out of bounds when clock time is critical.

As for Porter, Burress, TJ, I think they all want at least #2, maybe #1 spots on a roster.  I don't see us getting them.

196791[/snapback]

Aiken has not had nearly the opportunity that Reed has in order to show any tendancy wether good or bad. I'm just going on what I've seen of him in camp and in small spurts during the season.

Aiken is pretty similar in terms of his positives and his lapses.  He can make a good catch, but then he runs for the extra two yards instead of out of bounds when clock time is critical.

196791[/snapback]

Young guy mistake. It happens.