Patriots @ Ravens Game Thread

jaybee

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd put 18-1 in post, as they got caught in September, wasn't it?

I really don't understand what is so hard to believe about the fact that Bellichick is a scumbag, and will do anything he possibly can to give his team an advantage. Simultaneously, they were great with Spygate and they were great without it, and it probably gave them a slight advantage, which is the sole reason that Bellichick did it. But it also was 1/100th of their prowess.

The Baltimore Management must be really kicking themselves hard....Flacco is going to make some real big money. He had an outstanding game....If not for Lee Evans, that would have been back-to-back trips to the Superbowl

I really don't understand what is so hard to believe about the fact that Bellichick is a scumbag, and will do anything he possibly can to give his team an advantage. Simultaneously, they were great with Spygate and they were great without it, and it probably gave them a slight advantage, which is the sole reason that Bellichick did it. But it also was 1/100th of their prowess.

If anything, it makes the gap in playoff results even wider with my correction

I don't think the cheating accounts for the change in any meaningful way but putting another playoff loss after instead of before seems like it helps the cause for the cheaters crowd.

The worst half I can recall Brady ever having. Picks, deflections, poor decisions, physically limited .... I've been a huge admirer of his game over the years, but at his age I think he's declining.

Agree. I think it's time for him to retire. Can you imagine how bored he'll be playing against the Bills, Jets and Dolphins in future years if the Pats don't make the playoffs?

To be honest, I was actually somewhat surprised that the officials didn't rule that last play where Brady got hit while throwing to be a 12 point touchdown for the Patriots,

They've still got a couple weeks to review and reverse it.

I wouldn't get too comfy until the SB kick-off.

If anything, it makes the gap in playoff results even wider with my correction

I don't think the cheating accounts for the change in any meaningful way but putting another playoff loss after instead of before seems like it helps the cause for the cheaters crowd.

This year's offense overall, IMO, was the single best, impressive offense I have ever seen.

They lost the two Super Bowls because their defense let them down in crunch time. To be fair, I always thought the only difference between the Patriots and the Bills pre-Spygate was that Scott Norwood missed a 45-50 yard FG by a foot and Adam Vinateri made a 45-50 yard FG by a foot.

The worst half I can recall Brady ever having. Picks, deflections, poor decisions, physically limited .... I've been a huge admirer of his game over the years, but at his age I think he's declining.

Not having Gronk really hurt them and they probably did not use Hernandez well enough. Kudos to the Ravens defense for keeping it tight and hitting Brady hard every time. It definitely affected his rhythm.

cheating was in September when it came out against the Jets... Super Bowl against the Giants was previous January.

September 2007 spygate

February 2008 superbowl

18-1 was the scorched earth season after they got caught, seemingly making a statement about how little they needed the video as they had an undefeated regular season after getting caught. Often running up the score to emphasize that.

Edited by NoSaint