Patriots @ Ravens Game Thread

jaybee

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not having Gronk really hurt them and they probably did not use Hernandez well enough. Kudos to the Ravens defense for keeping it tight and hitting Brady hard every time. It definitely affected his rhythm.

Accounting for all that he didn't look good. And theyve won plenty without gronk whose hurt half the time anyway. The injury that really hurt today was talib, effected a lot of what they wanted to do defensively.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Incredible! Only made a safety available for an interview...not even Brady. After the AFC championship game. Way to lose with dignity!

It simply makes no sense. Your team lost fair and square. Why can't you man it up and be a professional. After all the game was in your own back yard. Classless Jerk. And even Hoody doesn't want to show up, why wouldn't Mr. Boston not show his face. Baltimore has been an overall better team than the Patriots in the past few years. They finally got over the hump...Amazing to go into New England and count out with a RESOUNDING victory.

From Alex Marvez's Twitter "Terrell Suggs just ran into locker room screaming, "Tell (the Patriots) have fun at the Pro Bowl. Arrogant f******.""

Buy that man a beer! :beer:

Edited by Heitz

September 2007 spygate

February 2008 superbowl

18-1 was the scorched earth season after they got caught, seemingly making a statement about how little they needed the video as they had an undefeated regular season after getting caught. Often running up the score to emphasize that.

thought I had fixed that, my bad.

It was overlooked at first, i fixed it on pc but not on site edit.

I think that often the best team doesn't win in a single elimination format. So while it's shortsighted to look at the SB wins before & after spygate, it's equally lame to pretend like the early 2000 teams were as good as the '07 team. You're talking about teams whose best weapons were Deion Branch & Troy Brown vs Randy freaking Moss and now Welker & the TE's plus Brady is way better than he was 10yrs ago (he basically never threw downfield until the '04 championship game in Pittsburgh). So I wouldn't say going 16-0 is any kind of proof that the previous/inferior teams didn't gain a significant edge via cheating. Normally I would say the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorists to prove their point but when the league burns the tapes I don't think that's the case.

I think that often the best team doesn't win in a single elimination format. So while it's shortsighted to look at the SB wins before & after spygate, it's equally lame to pretend like the early 2000 teams were as good as the '07 team. You're talking about teams whose best weapons were Deion Branch & Troy Brown vs Randy freaking Moss and now Welker & the TE's plus Brady is way better than he was 10yrs ago (he basically never threw downfield until the '04 championship game in Pittsburgh). So I wouldn't say going 16-0 is any kind of proof that the previous/inferior teams didn't gain a significant edge via cheating. Normally I would say the burden of proof is on the conspiracy theorists to prove their point but when the league burns the tapes I don't think that's the case.

One of the reasons for the Patriots winning those 3 SB was a great defense including a fearsome front-seven. They failed in the last two SB and the AFC Championships is because they have a pathetic defense. Today, Flacco toyed with that D in the 2nd half.

One of the reasons for the Patriots winning those 3 SB was a great defense including a fearsome front-seven. They failed in the last two SB and the AFC Championships is because they have a pathetic defense. Today, Flacco toyed with that D in the 2nd half.

I won't argue with the '04 defense being better than the recent versions but the 2001 defense wasn't good statistically. They did play well in the playoffs but that's hardly good evidence that they didn't cheat. And their pathetic defense gave up a combined 38 points in the two SB's against the Giants.

I won't argue with the '04 defense being better than the recent versions but the 2001 defense wasn't good statistically. They did play well in the playoffs but that's hardly good evidence that they didn't cheat. And their pathetic defense gave up a combined 38 points in the two SB's against the Giants.

According to profootball reference, the Patriots were 6th best in points and 6th best overall defense with 22 INTs (as opposed to 15 passing TDs). They also had a very good special teams. All I was saying was that their defense was dominant in those championship years that kept them in close games and put their team in a position to kick FGs at the end of the 4th qtr and win those championships.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001/opp.htm

I thought the coach had to meet with the press. Maybe the league will fine him. (Yeah right)

He did meet with the press. Coaches are required to go to the press conference, not answer the usual dumb questions from a sideline reporter outside the locker room.