Something a former member of our team said to me recently

major

Recently, a former player of our team (played within the past 5 years) asked me "why are you still a Bills fan?". He wasn't joking - he was being serious. I was blown away by that comment. I will allow him to remain anonymous. I don't want to get in trouble by sharing his name.

On a positive note, a good friend of Mark Anderson, our DE, told me that Mark is real down because he said our team is much better than our record showed.

Two very different perspectives,. Of course, one is done with our team and the other is still on the roster

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, The Packers were horrendous for many years (70's and 80's, with some middling exceptions), but they not only filled their stadium, but the season tickets remained so rare that there was and is a waiting list and are more often bequeathed after death. That's what fans do, in my humble opinion. That's why I just tell people, "Remember this smile. One day my team will be good again".

I agree that they are employees, but one of my neighbors used to be one of our best DB's in the 80's. Those weren't great years either yet he still talked about how much he loved the Bills and Mr. Wilson. He thought it was cool that I am a fan of his team. I guess that's why this former player's comments threw me for a loop. No, it wasn't Marshawn, but this guy was one of our starters

I agree that they are employees, but one of my neighbors used to be one of our best DB's in the 80's. Those weren't great years either yet he still talked about how much he loved the Bills and Mr. Wilson. He thought it was cool that I am a fan of his team. I guess that's why this former player's comments threw me for a loop. No, it wasn't Marshawn, but this guy was one of our starters

Ever have a boss you didn't like? Or live in a town you didn't?

Even a great workplace has guys that are unhappy.

Especially when the team is failing.

Recently, a former player of our team (played within the past 5 years) asked me "why are you still a Bills fan?". He wasn't joking - he was being serious. I was blown away by that comment. I will allow him to remain anonymous. I don't want to get in trouble by sharing his name.

Lee Evans or Marshawn Lynch? :w00t:

Edited by BmoreBills

On a positive note, a good friend of Mark Anderson, our DE, told me that Mark is real down because he said our team is much better than our record showed.

Two very different perspectives,. Of course, one is done with our team and the other is still on the roster

Cause I'm from Buffalo, New York, motherf****r.

Cause I'm from Buffalo, New York, motherf****r.

Seriously...athletes can be so fickle...do they really not understand with fans root for teams? It's like 99.9% geographical. Why would you stop rooting for a team from Buffalo if you are from Buffalo? Just goes to show you that some of these guys that put on the uniform simply don't get it.

I have met several ex-Bills from the 60's and 70's and they we fans of the team. Seems some of the ex-Bills I have met from the 80's and later are not fans but to be fair they were not into profootball. I think football changed from something most were passionate about to a sport where they can get a huge payday.

You know, The Packers were horrendous for many years (70's and 80's, with some middling exceptions), but they not only filled their stadium, but the season tickets remained so rare that there was and is a waiting list and are more often bequeathed after death. That's what fans do, in my humble opinion. That's why I just tell people, "Remember this smile. One day my team will be good again".

You said it man!!! Go Bills and Pirates !!!!

Going through the lows, make the highs that much higher...

Agreed. It will be great when we finally get that Super Bowl win.