Stadium Renovation renderings

Punch

i happen to like the thought of an official store. The dumb little fruit stands they have around the stadium leave a lot to be excited about.

There is an official store - it's just back between the ticket office and the practice building. This just puts it front and center so more people will buy more stuff giving the team more money.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pic 3 - 2 more jumbotrons help the people at rockpile end of the stadium. that's about it.

I think the jumbotrons probably have more value as sponsorship and ad revenue opportunities, even if the team talks about upgrading the 'fan experience'.

It all looks fantastic, but what's the point of funneling all this money into a stadium that's likely to be replaced in the next decade?

For one it has to be shored up just to last 10 more years. Keep in mind most of the money is for structural reinforcements. Second, planning 10 years out for a new stadium is better than saying OMG we need a new stadium now! Third, if you are going use a place for 10 years why not make it a little nicer? $135 million is better than $1.3 billion.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Not disagreeing. I'm just not keen on using taxpayer dollars to improve the team's ability to sell stuff.

Couldn't agree more. Ridiculous that taxpayer money being used for the team to build a better store. For $200m, I expected to see more. Just 5 pictures, but I wouldn't have included the Bills store in the pictures if I were the Bills.

Couldn't agree more. Ridiculous that taxpayer money being used for the team to build a better store. For $200m, I expected to see more. Just 5 pictures, but I wouldn't have included the Bills store in the pictures if I were the Bills.

a) $135 million, not $200 million.

b) Most of the improvements are structural that you don't necessarily see.

PTR

people are stupid and want actual things in use. Awnings over gates, wider concourses don't mean anything. Stupid people want hamburger stands, bathrooms, lots of flash, and places to shop.

To me mostly cosmetic.

Pic 1 - not sure what the interior space would be used for. Losing the parking spots in front of the scoreboard, but they've used that space for their sponsored tailgate lately

Pic 2 - pics of people taken outside shown inside. Nice. Purely cosmetic. Not any wider. There are such bottlenecks around the bathrooms it gets very hard to get anywhere. Nice to see my section represented although the yardline/section numbers do not match up. Can't tell if they're adding/renovating bathrooms.

Pic 3 - 2 more jumbotrons help the people at rockpile end of the stadium. that's about it.

Pic 4 - Covered gate entries and outside screens will be nice.

Pic 5 - Updated store - not a huge deal to anyone but them.

Based on Russ' comments a few weeks ago, I gather this will be the new and expanded Bills Store.

Becoming clear that improvements to "enhance the fan experience" = increasing the team's revenue opportunities.

By enlarging the store and getting it out from the corner of the site, and adding video (a.k.a. advertising) boards, the Bills stand to greatly increase revenues. Of course they have to label these "fan upgrades" - they're seeking public funding after all!

those jumbotrons look so out of place. forgive me if i seem out of line or wrong, but I don't really see much to be excited about. a store, which we already have, fresh paint in the concourse, new hamburger stands, which are still going to serve the same stuff with the same wait time in line, and screens outside, for people too dumb to get in line early. I sure hope that most of the money is going to structural work.

all of these frills are nice and pretty, but I think the biggest thing is that the team has a home. that's all that matters to me. there's only one thing that will fill the stands and keep the team here. that is success on the field.

a) $135 million, not $200 million.

b) Most of the improvements are structural that you don't necessarily see.

PTR

Also, everyone does know that these are just renderings, right? Don't take them for gospel, they're just how things are supposed to / could eventually look...

To me mostly cosmetic.

Pic 1 - not sure what the interior space would be used for. Losing the parking spots in front of the scoreboard, but they've used that space for their sponsored tailgate lately

Pic 2 - pics of people taken outside shown inside. Nice. Purely cosmetic. Not any wider. There are such bottlenecks around the bathrooms it gets very hard to get anywhere. Nice to see my section represented although the yardline/section numbers do not match up. Can't tell if they're adding/renovating bathrooms.

Pic 4 - Covered gate entries and outside screens will be nice.

Pic 5 - Updated store - not a huge deal to anyone but them.

Good points.

I may be in the minority here, but whats so bad about the organization looking to increase revenues as far as the Bills' store redesign is concerned? Isnt that the goal of any sports team? And as fans, whats so bad about having a bigger, newer merchandise store that offers more stuff? Isnt that what fans do - buy team merchandise?

I may be in the minority here, but whats so bad about the organization looking to increase revenues as far as the Bills' store redesign is concerned? Isnt that the goal of any sports team? And as fans, whats so bad about having a bigger, newer merchandise store that offers more stuff? Isnt that what fans do - buy team merchandise?

Oh I have no problem with that. It's us paying for them to do it that I have a problem with.

I really don't know what fans were expecting. While I love the experience "in the seats" (i.e., sightlines, atmosphere) the rest of the place is pretty much a dump. Anything to make it a little more "comfortable" with some amenities is a-ok in my book. I hope the technology improvements include wifi.