Deadspin: Manti Te’o’s Dead Girlfriend Is A Hoax

Punch

I think it's obvious that this is the story of the greatest beard ever told. He's gay.

Where are his high school girl friends and string of other college girl friends?

Common man. He's an elite athlete. He would have a string of wahine miles long.

Why look at [NSFW, NSFW, NSFW] this guy and he's just a hockey player. Oh, did I mention that the link is NSFW? Well it is. It's NSFW.

That's awesome. And probably true.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Father of Ronaiah Tuiasosopo makes statement

"There are not enough words in the dictionary to describe the overwhelming love & support me & my Aiga have received today. Feels like I've been drinking from a fire hydrant. lol. Your texts, calls, emails, prayers & messages are received with a sincerely humble heart. I know so much has been splattered all over the media about my son & my family. I also know that many who were born in a manger in Bethlehem & continue to walk on water will undoubtedly express their opinions. Those of you who know us the best still love us the most. It my hope & prayer that we allow the truth to take its course, wherever that may lead. My heart goes out to Manti & the Te'o Aiga. Please allow this young man to pursue his dream without judgement. He's an amazing role model for our youth and Samoan community. I love U all from the bottom of my heart."

http://www.sbnation....aiah-Tuiasosopo

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I know when things are new, it's easy to call it the coolest, best, greatest, etc... But, has anyone heard of a more bizarre story ever in sports history? Is this THE most bizarre story involving a big name athlete you have ever heard?

Certainly not as bizarre, but Lance is probably loving every minute of this. Wait, Lance who?

That's awesome. And probably true.

I think it's obvious that this is the story of the greatest beard ever told. He's gay.

Where are his high school girl friends and string of other college girl friends?

Common man. He's an elite athlete. He would have a string of wahine miles long.

Why look at [NSFW, NSFW, NSFW] this guy and he's just a hockey player. Oh, did I mention that the link is NSFW? Well it is. It's NSFW.

that was a photoshop, the original was funnier

Hockey-road-beef-is-a-special-breed.jpg

If Bill Polian says he's a top ten pick, no offense fellas, but holy **** do I trust his opinion more than anyone's here.

Bill Polian is in ESPN's pocket right now though. And ESPN isn't touching this story with a 10 foot pole because it makes them look like complete buffoons. The quicker this story goes away, the better for ESPN.

I think the play here is Te'o comes out as gay. Even if he is not, just say it started as a way to keep people off my back, then it got to be too much and people started to try to take advantage of me for it, fake things, so i told people she died. It blew up so big and I just went with it, I was in fear of getting outted...

At that point, he's gay, LMBGT or whatever tehy are embrace him. Gaga loves him. No one can pick on him, otherwise it's bullying a homo.

Bill Polian is in ESPN's pocket right now though. And ESPN isn't touching this story with a 10 foot pole because it makes them look like complete buffoons. The quicker this story goes away, the better for ESPN.

Nope - they want the teo interview in negotiations currently.

What's his alternative in talking about that stuff less then 48 he's later.... "Oh, by the way- my gf was fake."

simple, he thought the call on dec-6 was a hoax and thats why he reported it. He didnt think what preceded it was, he may have started to have doubts, but he wasn't ready to totally dismiss it.

Or knowing it was fake he hadn't had a chance to deal with it properly and fielding questions about his story.... He just went with it instead of laying it all on the table. I dunno but don't think it proves he was in on it, just that he didnt go to the press immediately. Did he not discuss her around the bcscg? I don't remember either way. It's certainly possible he's in on it, I'm just saying there's a good chance all this could fit in another storyline still.

Edited by NoSaint

id assume espn will treat this as semi-radioactive until they have a better grasp of whats going on, having already flubbed the story when it originally happened. it would be incredibly easy for them to put their foot in their mouth at this point, especially not knowing who the victims and perpetrators really are.

they are also trying to get the Te'o interview.

Let's say this: if the Bills draft him they will be a laughingstock, if the Raiders draft him it will be a predictable gamble, and if the Patriots draft him it will be a smart steal.

Let's say this: if the Bills draft him they will be a laughingstock, if the Raiders draft him it will be a predictable gamble, and if the Patriots draft him it will be a smart steal.

Oh god, that just got on my nerves - it is the truth.

Of course, that's just what the critics say...so who will really care at that moment.

If Bill Polian says he's a top ten pick, no offense fellas, but holy **** do I trust his opinion more than anyone's here.

I'm pretty sure Bill hasn't investigated this in detail. If you just roll 100% with the "I was duped, silly me" spew, then, sure, Te'o is still a fine young man who is purely a random victim of fickle fate here.

On the other hand, if you were a manager in any business, not just the NFL, then you'd definitely want to dig deeper before investing millions on this guy and putting him on your team. Is he a con man and a pathological liar? Was he in on it? If so, why do it? Was it to generate hype? Get some pub for Notre Dame and collect lots of trophies? Or was it done to him? Why would anyone play such a head game on this guy?

Then there is the TO effect. What sort of distractions does this bring into your own house? How many NFL teams were interested in adding amped up drama to their teams in recent seasons with TO, Chad, and Randy Moss?

One of the major selling points on Te'o was that he was team captain, a great guy, and a real leader. Sorry, but who follows a "leader" that is exposed as either a duplicitous fraud, an unworldly sucker, or possibly both?

Oh god, that just got on my nerves - it is the truth.

Of course, that's just what the critics say...so who will really care at that moment.

I would stay away from the kid in the first round. First impressions do matter and it will be telling what this team does with its first hand. I would not reward a guy who is either as calculating or as dumb as they come with first round salary, expectations, and status. While the way the media frame things can be unfair, NE does have a winning institution built that a guy like that can slot into. Te'o is not Aaron Maybin, and he is said to be a high character guy, but he has lost the benefit of the doubt. Going somewhere where he'll be humbled is a good bet.

What's his alternative in talking about that stuff less then 48 he's later.... "Oh, by the way- my gf was fake."

He didn't have to mention his girlfriend though. What he said was “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfirned to cancer". The question doesn't seem like directly to something about his girlfriend.

He could easily said “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost my grandparents to cancer" and didn't need to bring up the girlfirend himself.

He didn't have to mention his girlfriend though. What he said was “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost both my grandparents and my girlfirned to cancer". The question doesn't seem like directly to something about his girlfriend.

He could easily said “I don’t like cancer at all. I lost my grandparents to cancer" and didn't need to bring up the girlfirend himself.

This was someone whom he thought he'd had a serious emotional connection. You think he could detach in just 2 days based on one suspicious call? His cancer references to her were already in the public domain anyway. I fins it a lot easier to accept it was too fresh at the time and he just went on precedent, than he informed the school about suspicious activity (that he was complicit in) and dug himself a deeper hole by lying about it 2 days later in the media.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack