Chip Kelly Hired as New Eagles Head Coach

i assume these means the eagles search was going poorly and they essentially privately told him to name his price and demands and got it finalized.

im looking forward to seeing what his scheme does. with mccoy and brown in the backfield and jackson/maclin outside.... if he finds his qb it could be fun to watch. even if it flops, im curious as a fan of the game.

Jeremiah Masoli and Darron Thomas aren't busy....

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh, how about that?

I'm living in Philly, and the sports writers were tearing into the Eagles GM because they let Chip Kelly walk away.

I guess they'll just have to be chewing on another type of bird then... :flirt:

Seriously though, maybe it's living in Philly but I can't hate the Eagles. They too have suffered years of failure with a highly touted roster, have/had a HC and GM who the fans hate and we only play them once every three years, and unlike every other member of the NFC East they've never beaten us in a Super Bowl.

i assume these means the eagles search was going poorly and they essentially privately told him to name his price and demands and got it finalized..

I agree, most reports said Kelly wanted total control of the football operation but no team was willing to do that with a college coach, looks like the Eagles bowed down

Huh, how about that?

I'm living in Philly, and the sports writers were tearing into the Eagles GM because they let Chip Kelly walk away.

I guess they'll just have to be chewing on another type of bird then... :flirt:

Seriously though, maybe it's living in Philly but I can't hate the Eagles. They too have suffered years of failure with a highly touted roster, have/had a HC and GM who the fans hate and we only play them once every three years, and unlike every other member of the NFC East they've never beaten us in a Super Bowl.

I can't wait to laugh at all the mouth-breathers on the radio to complain about the first time he goes for it on 4th down (probably correctly) and doesn't make it.

I can't wait to laugh at all the mouth-breathers on the radio to complain about the first time he goes for it on 4th down (probably correctly) and doesn't make it.

Almost sure to happen. The biggest point in commonality I see is that both cities love to grouse about their football teams. :lol:

Bust! Will be paralyzed in the NFL and unable to make decisions. 4th and 3 will become 4th and 8 after the penalty for delay of game.

Everyone was hot to trot and him and now what? I guess Iggles are ectstatic though.

Kelly comes off like a complete douche. Imagine being a Ducks fan - 1st he's killing you because he's leaving, then you survive the night of the long knives and are relieved because he's staying - only to have him stab you in the back now at the 11th hour. Seems like a no-class egotist - in hindsight, glad he's not here.

Kelly comes off like a complete douche. Imagine being a Ducks fan - 1st he's killing you because he's leaving, then you survive the night of the long knives and are relieved because he's staying - only to have him stab you in the back now at the 11th hour. Seems like a no-class egotist - in hindsight, glad he's not here.

Not to mention that he pulled similar crap last year with the Bucs. Guys like this don't change their stripes - this may end badly.

Does seem like a rather crappy way to conduct business with so many other people being impacted. He may pull a Bobby Petrino or Nick Saban move on the Eagles at some point in the future.