Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May not be good for orange but good for us and he does have NFL experience so if Doug likes him that's good enough for me.

More kool-aid please...I'm trying to give these guys a chance but things just seem the same. This has me going back to G. Williams first appointees and the uproar from L. Felser was that more gray hair was needed...I'm at a loss. :cry:

Edited by pimp 2

I have certainly said my fair share of negative stuff on this site...but man listening to half of the stuff yall say is mind boggling...we have a coach who actually wanted to come here, was part of the turn around in new orleans, then went to syracuse and turned that program around, we interviewed alot of coaches and for the first time in over a decade actually HAD A CHOICE in who we hired. We didnt have to scrape the bottom of the coaching barrel to find someone to the team. Relax...so what if he brings in Hacket from SU. Coach Marrone already said that although he wont do the play calling EVERYTHING will be run through him (unlike chan). Marrone will actually spend time coaching both sides of the ball instead of worrying about how to split up carrys between our 2 backs.

Not a good example. He had been an assistant coach in NE for 5 years before becoming OC.

And that is under Belichick and with Tom Brady.

Sorry...was unclear...wasn't comparing him to the current situation, just speaking to the age thing. McDaniels was 32 I believe when he was named head coach of Denver.

I'm still 12 years old, deep down.

I was a late bloomer. Actually a very late bloomer.

But look at me now! (LOL)

I am lurking a few other Bills sites as well right now

There's a suspicious looking guy smoking a cigarette across the street from our place. That's not you is it?

Well, he was assistant linebackers coach at my alma matter UC Davis when I was at school there in 03'. He's got that going for him.

Ever run into him on campus J?

I can't wait to see some of the position coaches that are appointed. I saw some outstanding young coaches at the WNY pee-wee level this past fall. Hope they are not passed over.

By chance did Buddy, Russ & Doug consider asking Marrone who his top OC choices were before they hired him?

Marrone is a bald faced liar. Thorough NFL experience.... so it begins...

I honestly think this guy seems like a liar, a phony, and a complete A-hole. That whole "I'm NY guy" angle is practiced and stupid and phony. It was a way around answering any questions -- and he didn't really answer any questions -- the ones he did answer are turning out to be lies.

That's not to say that having a jerk as a coach is a bad thing. Belichick is the biggest jerk on the planet. Still, as one other poster said, this is either turning out to be a ballsy head coach -- or something is going terribly wrong. With Buffalo's track record, forgive me if I think it's the latter. we might be on the way to 0-16 here. Did anyone consider that?

wow.....

have you found a cliff to jump off yet ?

Does it concern anyone that he was the quality control coach during a time when there was no control of the quality?

Yes. That and the fact he hasn't been a position coach in the NFL.

How old was McDaniels when he became OC? Late 20's I believe and he was hired by the Broncos in his early 30's.

McDaniels had BB running the show. Guy has gone entire seasons without coordinators.

I was just coming around to the Marrone hire but now I struggle. The guy said he wanted experienced coordinators. This hardly qualifies. This smacks of bad choices and bad decisions as we have had for years. Fairchild anyone?

The OC choice should elicit this response:

So the last question is: will we be taking Nassib in the 1st or the 2nd?

Probably 8th, hopefully they do not mortgage the future and trade up to get him.

Or make a deal with him, suck at the Senior Bowl, Combine and Pro Day and the Bills will draft you in the second round.

"Obviously, with the coordinators, we want people that have thorough NFL experience, as far as especially on the defensive side of the ball," Marrone said Monday. "Offensively, we want people with NFL experience. For our coordinators, we want to make sure they've been in this league."

Quotes from the press conference.

Couple that with Hackett calling recruits today to inform them be was staying and I really think there was a monkey wrench thrown in another plan and this was the safety net.

Bring it on I say. Have you not had enough of the conservative, crappy, predictable and losing culture fir the last 15 years. There truly is a genuine culture change going on and I could not love it more. Go get your QB and DC and let's hit the ground running!

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Couple that with Hackett calling recruits today to inform them be was staying and I really think there was a monkey wrench thrown in another plan and this was the safety net.

If we suddenly hear that Carmichael is the front runner in CHI I'll buy this.

I know Nate personally and I am thrilled with this news! He knows his sh*t, loves the Bills and is committed to winning. This will be great for us! And as stated previously, I would not be at all surprised to see Nassib in a Bills uni next season.

Edited by buffaloboyinATL

If we suddenly hear that Carmichael is the front runner in CHI I'll buy this.

That or a saints deal soon.

They could still block interviews too. Maybe a request was denied. Who knows. Something feels a bit off if this was plan a when he started interviewing places. Plan b can be great still just talking nuts and bolts of the process here

Edited by NoSaint