Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

To be fair, it says that Hackett will be on Marrone's staff. It does NOT say he will be the OC. So there's still a bit of hope he doesn't get that title yet. It would be nice to have someone considered a "rising star" on staff though

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone is a bald faced liar. Thorough NFL experience.... so it begins...

I honestly think this guy seems like a liar, a phony, and a complete A-hole. That whole "I'm NY guy" angle is practiced and stupid and phony. It was a way around answering any questions -- and he didn't really answer any questions -- the ones he did answer are turning out to be lies.

That's not to say that having a jerk as a coach is a bad thing. Belichick is the biggest jerk on the planet. Still, as one other poster said, this is either turning out to be a ballsy head coach -- or something is going terribly wrong. With Buffalo's track record, forgive me if I think it's the latter. we might be on the way to 0-16 here. Did anyone consider that?

Ha ha. Good impression of a insane fan. Wait, what? You're serious . . .?

How old was Chuckie when he became an OC?

Also.... Hackett worke with the Bills when Pill was OC the season Schonert got canned at the beginning and later on Jauron got the axe too. Hackett was in theupstairs in the booth calling plays down to the Pill. I remember a few games on TV when during they broadcast they cut to the booth a couple of times and showed him and mentioned he was Paul Hackett's Dad. Dudes.. he's done this before, now he's got his license.

I suppose it is better to be one year too early hiring him, then one year too late.

This was one of the major downfall of Chan Gailey. He refused to experiment. When Fitz is was struggling, he was stubborn and adamant that Fitz gave him the best chance to win. He did not give Jackson a chance. Flexibility is the key in today's NFL and unfortunately Chan did not have that.

That's definitely one of the details I like about Marrone. Adaptability is key to winning in the NFL.

Pretty much. This isn't what I wanted and I really hope they do better at DC

There are benefits to having a young guy like Hackett who isn't set in his ways and overly committed to a system, but I'm afraid of what he's going to call on a 3rd and 5 at the NE 30 yard line, with the Bills down by 5 and :50 left on the clock--- assunming we ever find ourselves in that position. There's so much more pressure in the NFL.

I can top that.

Imagine my shock when reading that Daniel Snyder had bought the Washington Redskins at the age of 34.

At the time I was 38.

That's a kick in the nuts. Proof that I'm suffering some arrested development: a Bills coach that's my age shocks the hell out of me, but a billionaire that bought the Redskins at about the same age didn't cause me to bat an eyelash until I really let it sink in.

I'm still 12 years old, deep down.

I feel like everyone blasting this hire because Hackett is 33, is doing the Internet equivalent of shaking thier fists and screaming "Get of my lawn you kids."

Geeze, no one's really blasting it. It's just naturally and rightfully creating some anxiety that he has next to no experience.

It's definitely generating buzz amongst Bills fans, for better or worse.

From some Cuse people:

*Hacket was the recruiting key on offense. This one really hurts and I would argue that it hurts more than losing Marrone. Dammmmmmmm!

*Starting to wonder how much Marrone really cares about his alma mater. I was fine with him wanting to take the step into the NFL, but now it appears as though he wants to leave Schaefer high and dry. I am starting to really fear what the product will look like on the field next year. With Schaefer and Hackett, I was confident that we would be okay. Now, I just see a lot of question marks. I can't wait to see what other coaches Marrone steals from us.

Brian Ayrault@BrianAyrault

Hackett ran the K-Gun offense at Syracuse this year. Hackett picked up the offense from Jim Kelly and AVP when he was the QCC in BUF

We were 6-10 and 28th in scoring

But wildly optimistic at the idea in September

These are the reasons his knowledge of the "K-Gun" isn't exactly comforting. It doesn't mean no one thinks it can succeed, but it's definitely very high risk.

Geeze, no one's really blasting it. It's just naturally and rightfully creating some anxiety that he has next to no experience.

It's definitely generating buzz amongst Bills fans, for better or worse.

Theres been a few excessively negative reactions, I am lurking a few other Bills sites as well right now