Bills hire Nathaniel Hackett for Offensive Coordinator

cmjoyce113

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am shocked people are so accepting of this hire.

A 33 year old kid with a few years as a low level assistant in the NFL and TWO years in college is going to go up against a Bill Belichick and Rex Ryan defenses with either Fitz or a project rookie QB and succeed?

ON WHAT !@#$ING PLANET??!!!!???

Edited by RkFast

There's some interesting information about Marrone's relationship to Hackett in regards to running the offense at Syracuse, here:

http://www.buffalobi...dinator-search/

The thing that hit me the most:

"The amazing thing to consider about Marrone is how he was willing to change both the offensive and defensive systems basically in season. That shows a coach who is open minded and willing to listen to the advice of staff. Finding coordinators who he trust but who also bring the same kind of open mindedness is more important than finding a coach who is married to any one system"

This was one of the major downfall of Chan Gailey. He refused to experiment. When Fitz is was struggling, he was stubborn and adamant that Fitz gave him the best chance to win. He did not give Jackson a chance. Flexibility is the key in today's NFL and unfortunately Chan did not have that.

A 33 year old kid with a few years as a low level assistant in the NFL and TWO years in college is going to go up against a Bill Belichick and Rex Ryan defenses with either Fitz or a project rookie QB and succeed?

David did beat goliath once

Well, either we got a ballsy HC and a genius OC or something's terribly wrong.... Ill hope the first.

Nathaniel Hacket kept firing at the Red Coats 'til his musket finally jammed. He thereupon made a final charge with 'is bayonet and slashed four score of 'em until he was blasted by a cannon. He bled out on the side o' the hill that they thereupon named for him.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Marrone is a bald faced liar. Thorough NFL experience.... so it begins...

I honestly think this guy seems like a liar, a phony, and a complete A-hole. That whole "I'm NY guy" angle is practiced and stupid and phony. It was a way around answering any questions -- and he didn't really answer any questions -- the ones he did answer are turning out to be lies.

That's not to say that having a jerk as a coach is a bad thing. Belichick is the biggest jerk on the planet. Still, as one other poster said, this is either turning out to be a ballsy head coach -- or something is going terribly wrong. With Buffalo's track record, forgive me if I think it's the latter. we might be on the way to 0-16 here. Did anyone consider that?

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Syracuse News at 6 pm said Schafer is Cuse new HC and that Hackett was staying on as OC.... the sports dude even said that the newly recruited QB Zach ??? from Texas had calls form K State and another school after Marrone bolted to the Bills and declined because Hackett called him said he was staying on with the Cuse.