Tebow: Soon the man without a country, so to speak.

I think Tebow is a gigantic fake as a person and, hands down, the worst quarterback to have EVER played in an NFL game. No exaggeration at all. Any GM that signs this guy (other than Jacksonville, because he will generate some ticket/merch sales there) should be fired. They should fire any GM who even considers it.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not another "I love Tebow and he should come to Buffalo as a QB" thread or a "I hate Tebow and Good Riddance" post.

I look at three things:

1) Football intellect and ability to comprehend a playbook

2) Size, athleticism, natural ability, and speed.

3) Dedication to a team and competitiveness

The kid can throw the ball but is erratic and unorthodox. If we were to interview him the first thing that should be said is "we are not bringing you in to try out as a QB but as a TE/FB". If he scoffs at the invite, so be it....but it appears the Jags are not interested and there are very few other suitors.

I see Tebow as a possible Aaron Hernandez type TE where he blocks when needed, can line up in the slot or can take a half back position for handoff on running plays like NE has incorporated into their offense.

His measurables are:

6'3" (Hernandez is 6'2")

4.7 40 yd dash speed (Dennis Pitta had a 4.72)

Vertical Leap 38.5" (same as Jimmy Graham)

Broad Jump of 115" (Jermaine Gresham had 113)

I guess my only point is that this is a young man with a fire in his belly to compete and if you explain to him that he may not be cut out as a QB, he could still play a valuable role on a team as a TE/FB (and dare I say a potential 3rd string QB to have for emergency situations...no, not to possibly become backup QB...just as a 3rd stringer like Brad Smith).

Let the unrelenting attacks begin!!!!!

Go Bills!!

Not another "I love Tebow and he should come to Buffalo as a QB" thread or a "I hate Tebow and Good Riddance" post.

I look at three things:

The kid can throw the ball but is erratic and unorthodox. If we were to interview him the first thing that should be said is "we are not bringing you in to try out as a QB but as a TE/FB". If he scoffs at the invite, so be it....but it appears the Jags are not interested and there are very few other suitors.

I see Tebow as a possible Aaron Hernandez type TE where he blocks when needed, can line up in the slot or can take a half back position for handoff on running plays like NE has incorporated into their offense.

His measurables are:

6'3" (Hernandez is 6'2")

I guess my only point is that this is a young man with a fire in his belly to compete and if you explain to him that he may not be cut out as a QB, he could still play a valuable role on a team as a TE/FB (and dare I say a potential 3rd string QB to have for emergency situations...no, not to possibly become backup QB...just as a 3rd stringer like Brad Smith).

Go Bills!!

Too funny. I had this same conver with a co-worker at lunch today. Not for the Bills per-se. He'd probably need to bulk up a little more, may 10 or 15 LB's.Anyway if he wants to stay in the NFL that might be his only shot WRT playing time. IMHO

Tebow is damaged goods IMO. I like your idea (Heck I said this two years ago that he was better suited a TE/FB) but the circus that would ensue is just too much,IMO

A Circus in Buffalo??? Never

But you could get the kid on the cheap and he has the size, speed, and athleticism to be a TE...he also has one other thing that alot of other TE's don't have: a desire to tell the national media (in a humble way through good performance)..."F you all...I can play in this league"....that chip on his shoulder is the one thing that could turn him into a very good TE.

I look at three things:

His measurables are:

6'3" (Hernandez is 6'2")

Go Bills!!

Sounds good to me but he probably goes to Canada and ...

Do you think it is that easy to learn to block and run routes at an NFL level? He has never played the position nor has he shown any desire to switch positions. Even if he could physically compete he would need a year ot two to learn how. There is no room on NFL rosters for a guy to learn how to play TE. If he really wanted to make the transition he woudl go to the CFL for a year. There isn't even enough time or roster spots to learn the position if he was on the practice squad. He must choose the path of back-up QB and learn to accept what he is. He is a college football legend whose sporting life is on the decline. He must now choose to enter the next phase of his life. He should come out of the closet, embrace his homosexuality, and enjoy the Miami nightlife while he can still afford it...

Maybe a good idea but thats not the role he seeks. He's said he wants to play the QB position so I'm not certain bringing him in as a TE / FB etc is a role he'd want. I reckon a Tebow addition to the roster would boost ticket sales regardless of position. I like the kid, hope he finds a home somewhere.

jb

Do you think it is that easy to learn to block and run routes at an NFL level? He has never played the position nor has he shown any desire to switch positions. Even if he could physically compete he would need a year ot two to learn how. There is no room on NFL rosters for a guy to learn how to play TE. If he really wanted to make the transition he woudl go to the CFL for a year. There isn't even enough time or roster spots to learn the position if he was on the practice squad. He must choose the path of back-up QB and learn to accept what he is. He is a college football legend whose sporting life is on the decline. He must now choose to enter the next phase of his life. He should come out of the closet, embrace his homosexuality, and enjoy the Miami nightlife while he can still afford it...

I knew there would be a dig in there somewhere...as for knowing how to run routes and block, the QB has to know each route anyway so he is accustomed to that. Blocking may be the problem...and catching. BUT...he is a natural athlete (IMO) and pretty tough from the hits I have seen him take. If anyone could make that switch, I'm thinking he could pull it off. Again, he could serve as 3rd string/Emergency QB, but his position is TE/FB. Assuming that is made clear to him (and in light of the fact that he probably will get no other offers for QB) this is his only viable alternative if he wants to compete for a starting position on an NFL team.

care to check some of his agility drills and compare? (no prob if not, but some cone, and shuttle stuff may tell the story more conclusively from an athletic enough standpoint)

I knew you'd get me if I brought up Jimmy Graham :doh:

Graham 3 cone: 6.9

Tebow: 6.66

Shuttle drill: Graham 4.45

Tebow: 4.17

Height is the biggest difference between Graham (6'6") and Tebow.(6'3")

Edited by BringBackFergy

Folks need to get over this Tebow s#it. No way will Tebow run down field, turn away from a safety, catch a pass and get creamed by a safety. He's used to taking contact on his own terms, when he's facing the defense. He's not a wr, te, or rb. There is no one on one match up with a DB that Tebow can win. No way could Tebow get off a LB jamming him at the line. No way can he hit a hole as quickly as even a below avg. RB. And no way he can take the pounding from a LB or DL. Tebow's only value in the NFL is the element of surprise and that has run its course. Only teams that have a qb that sucks so bad, they have no recourse but desparation. If Tebow's on your team, your team is desparate.

Tebow lovers... get over the infatuation with him as an NFL player. Its over. Let it go. No the difference between fantasy and reality.