What should the Bills do at #8?

As a poster on this board I've read many directions the Bills should take with the 8th pick in the draft from taking a QB/LB to moving back to acquire more picks. I like moving back with one exception, that if at 8 one of the blue chip OTs are sitting there(Luke Joeckel, Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan). Providing we resign Levitre, with one of those boys lined up at tackle opposite Cordy Glenn the Bills could have one of the most dominant Olines since the 90s Cowboys teams. They can bring in a vet QB and still draft one in rd 2. Thoughts?

I think we should trade back and get a lb like cj mosely from bama and pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd and use out next 3 picks (2 in the 2nd or 3rd) to get another lb or d linemen to match out system, wr, and draft EJ manual from fsu. Might not be the qb everyone want but watch is tape vs Clemson and In my opinion he has "it" shows accuracy at all 3 levels of defense and can move and has the arm strength. Also from what I herd about him is he breaths football and is very detailed and is a first guy in last one out kind of guy.

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay put at #8 and take the best graded QB regardless of reach. Jets pick at #9 and are as desperate as we are for a legit QB. If we trade down we run the risk of missing out on the guy we want.

QBs are always drafted higher than they are rated.....therefore, unless you get pick #1 and are lucky enough to get a Manning or Luck that year, you will always have to reach for your wanted QB in the draft. This is our year to have to reach.

Exactly. The most important position in the NFL is QB. We don't have one. We need to get one. Identify whichever one they like and take him at 8. Then come back around and grab another one in Rd4. Sign Matt Moore and you have your 3 Qbs to work with.

hey guys... I just got back from the future... here is what we do...

ROUND ONE - MATT BARKLEY - QB - USC

ROUND TWO - KEVIN MINTER - ILB - LSU

ROUND THREE - RYAN NASSIB - QB - CUSE

everyone was posting on here how happy they were because drafting two QB's we are bound to get one of them right. people were also shocked to see Kevin Minter drop to us in the second, but then again, we had some gold fall to us last year too...

(ps - for you gamblers - Ravens and Packers played in the Superbowl - can't tell you who wins though, I don't want to ruin the space/time continuim)

I would trade Spiller for a 1st and a 2nd in a heartbeat. There's no one irreplaceable on this team (yet). Plus, the right line can make any RB look good.

Wow. How stupid would that be? trade away your most electrifying offensive weapon, maybe you can go get a job working for the patriots front office, I'd pay actual money to see you crumble that dynasty.

Need to get another top CB to run our new blitzing D.

Dee Milliner or Johnthan Banks.

It makes sense. In order to run this blitz heavy d, we need better cbs. I can see it happening for sure.

I watch the Bills lose year in and year out. I can't wait to talk about the draft every year. It's all I have to look forward too!

This

Taylor Lewan is staying in school. Besides the strength of the Bills is their OL, why spend a high pick on a position of strength when they have so many other weaknesses.

Because the strongest player might be your starting (and dominant) RT for the next 10 years. Pitt keeps drafting LBs. SF keeps drafting Oline and Giants keep drafting pass rushers. I'm OK with the Oline. Dline. LB or QB. Every year. Every pick.

Need to get another top CB to run our new blitzing D.

Dee Milliner or Johnthan Banks.

I swear this is a troll....

I think we should stay put and draft Tyler Wilson. IMO he's the only QB worth a darn. I don't care about trading down so we get an extra pick, or taking someone too high. I like him and hope they draft him.

i like wilson the best as well and really think he will rise the boards with off season interviews/workout. hopefully AZ doesnt snag him ahead of us

Since we have finally addressed who our DC is, I have a strong suspicion that David Amerson will be our first pick. He is big, fast, strong and a ball hawk and we know how much the Jets love the DB's. I think Buffalo picks the future QB in the second round since there is no clear #1 here.

I think they seriously consider Arron Murray, and thruth be told, I think he is the best one available and ready to play in the NFL, he is a big, strong, big arm, smart qb and most important he is a pocket qb and pocket qb's win.

The Mike Vic's, RG3's and the Cam Newtons have short careers, and I have not seen many win the superbowl, just look at the past twenty years how many of those style qb's have won the big one, I dont think any, please no Gino Smith trade ups or even if he falls to us.

we trade freddy for a third and grab a couple of LB's and we address WR and more LB in free agency, in the meantime we try to make a trade for Alex Smith, if we can't get Smith, we keep Fitz, there is worse things than keeping Fitz. I think we also add another QB in the fourth, a big arm project guy.

It will allow the OL to get together under the new OC for there or four games and Fitz can take the hits until they get in a grove and give Arron heavy reps in practice. Our schedule looks like it is going to be week next year and hopefully Fitz can get us to 2 - 2 and then let Arron take over. Our O-LIne is good and can protect the kid.

Just remember one thing, none of this happens if we do not get a corner that can start right away like Gilmore did. That allows the d-fence to get creative, with no one to throw the ball to down feild, that adds up to lots of mistakes by the other teams offence.

IMO!!

Edited by 13player

He's not fitz. His arm is much stronger. I really like the way he stays in the pocket and slings it before getting smashed. He's not afraid of getting hit (which could shorten his career). It looks as if he's more mobile than Nassib. Having a QB that able to pick up 8 yards with his feet on 3rd and 7 is huge. Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like nassib has the speed. I thought he was quicker than he is. Wilson looks to have the speed. The reason I don't like Glennon is his mobility. His arm is the best IMO, but he's like Bledsoe at the end of his career.. Stone feet

Primary needs: QB, MLB

Wilson only QB IMO worth 8. Put Te'o top MLB.

My ranking for that spot:

1. Wilson

2. Te'o

3. ????

4. ????

Still working on 3&4. Geno not on because I'm concerned about his ability to make read progressions in NFL. Jones because of degenerative spine disorder. Hope it all works out for him though.

If we dont upgrade LB, especially MLB, our D is screwed for another year. If we don't find a legit starting QB, team is screwed for years.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

The Mike Vic's, RG3's and the Cam Newtons have short careers, and I have not seen many win the superbowl, just look at the past twenty years how many of those style qb's have won the big one, I dont think any, please no Gino Smith trade ups or even if he falls to us.

by including geno smith with the mike vicks, rg3s, and cam newtons of the world.... did you mean black qbs?

or what similarity were you pointing at?

Edited by NoSaint

I am hearing, some rumblings around the net that he is coming out. I sure hope he does.

by including geno smith with the mike vicks, rg3s, and cam newtons of the world.... did you mean black qbs?

or what similarity were you pointing at?

No at all, QB's that run around in the pocket, they are best mobil qbs over the last twenty years, I will also say Fran Tarkenten never won either. Pretty low for you to make that assumption, all those guys are run first QB's and thay style does not win super bowls, Black, White, Brown < pink colour makes np diference!

Edited by 13player

Arron Murray decided to stay in school didnt he?

who is going to give a 3rd for a 32 RB and why trade him when you need two backs?

enough with the corners...pressure on the QB makes any corner look great

Edited by Max997

I am hearing, some rumblings around the net that he is coming out. I sure hope he does.

No at all, QB's that run around in the pocket, they are best mobil qbs over the last twenty years, I will also say Fran Tarkenten never won either. Pretty low for you to make that assumption, all those guys are run first QB's and thay style does not win super bowls, Black, White, Brown < pink colour makes np diference!

geno isnt a run first guy though.

geno had 150 yards rushing this year, cam had 1473 in his year at auburn. thats 10x the yardage.

rg3 had 3 seasons with more yardage in the individual year than geno had in a 4 year career

Edited by NoSaint

We have two backs! and backs are easier to come by. Anyone who thinks they are a back away from making a serious run for the playoffs. Had we of traded Fred in October, we may even of got a second, I think a third for Fred is a posibility.

geno isnt a run first guy though.

geno had 150 yards rushing this year, cam had 1473 in his year at auburn. thats 10x the yardage.

I did not say Geno was a run first guy, I just dont want to trade up for him or pick him at all, dont think he is that good!