We Need To Make a Splash at DC

Now that we picked up Nate Hackett for OC we should have plenty of money for our DC. If Ray Horton doesn`t get a head coaching gig then we need to go all in and hire him. WE can make him asst HC and DC and to make sure we get him we need to pay him top dollar if we have to. I mean offer him highest paid DC in the game money. Horton has done some really good things with the Cards D over the last 2 seasons. Since he has gotten there his Defenses have been top 5 in sacks and turnovers and last season finished #12 in total yards allowed that`s pretty impressive considering there O was horrible and often put there D in bad situations.

If we cant get Horton then we got to go hard at Eric Mangini or Kevin Greene someone top notch maybe even Lovie if he doesn`t get a job. I know Kevin Greene doesn`t have DC experience but i believe that would be a fantastic coach. He is another Dick Lebeau disciple KG was a baller in the NFL and a very smart player. The Man has that fire that we have been lacking at DC. He will gain respect from the players instantly.

All i know is whatever we do at DC please do not hire Mel Tucker or that over rated Rob Ryan.

Make a Splash Russ didn`t u say u wanted to hire world class people

I'm not concerned he picked up his old Syracuse OC. Sure, Marrone will not call plays, but this offense will be his. Might as well have a man who already knows what you like to do, and how you like to do things. The defense, on the other hand, will be someone else's. I like that he went right for Pettine. If I were trying to describe what I thought good defenses in the NFL look like, I'd be describing the Jets, the 49ers, Steelers, Seahawks. IF we can install a defense like any of those, and an offense that looks a little like the proficient Saints offenses, I'd be thrilled.

I'm not concerned he picked up his old Syracuse OC. Sure, Marrone will not call plays, but this offense will be his. Might as well have a man who already knows what you like to do, and how you like to do things. The defense, on the other hand, will be someone else's. I like that he went right for Pettine. If I were trying to describe what I thought good defenses in the NFL look like, I'd be describing the Jets, the 49ers, Steelers, Seahawks. IF we can install a defense like any of those, and an offense that looks a little like the proficient Saints offenses, I'd be thrilled.

With Pettine, I am concerned that Rex Ryan was really the D-Coordinator of the Jets and Rexy dictates the overall schemes (even if he stopped calling the D signals the last two years (by the way the Jets defense was not as good the last two years as the previous two). How much has this guy actually been a decision making coordinator? Not much is my guess.

Is it possible that Romeo Crennell might be available for our D-Coordinator job? I think he would be a solid choice -- he's had solid defenses whereever he has gone.

Until these players execute a game plan on both sides of the ball, this team will always flounder, no matter who is coaching, but it did become very clear that Wannstedt's defensive game plans were the bigger issue this year. For once, I'd like to see a young, hard nosed agressive coach get hired as DC of this team, and I could care less right now who they hire. Love the OC hire, it's starting to look like Nassib will be a Bill, and I am all for that.

I want a coach with intensity that will play an aggressive non standard defense with lots of movement presnap and stunts and different looks to confuse the presnap read

I'm pretty sure Marrone wants the same thing. That's what the D at Syracuse did, and shut down L-Ville and W.VU in the process. I'm thinking we'll get a great DC hire.

Just read Pettine is officially hired per rotoworld?

This would be awesome. (1) good DC. (2) make Rex angry. (3) make Jets fans angry. Win, win, win.

Now that we picked up Nate Hackett for OC we should have plenty of money for our DC. If Ray Horton doesn`t get a head coaching gig then we need to go all in and hire him. WE can make him asst HC and DC and to make sure we get him we need to pay him top dollar if we have to. I mean offer him highest paid DC in the game money. Horton has done some really good things with the Cards D over the last 2 seasons. Since he has gotten there his Defenses have been top 5 in sacks and turnovers and last season finished #12 in total yards allowed that`s pretty impressive considering there O was horrible and often put there D in bad situations.

If we cant get Horton then we got to go hard at Eric Mangini or Kevin Greene someone top notch maybe even Lovie if he doesn`t get a job. I know Kevin Greene doesn`t have DC experience but i believe that would be a fantastic coach. He is another Dick Lebeau disciple KG was a baller in the NFL and a very smart player. The Man has that fire that we have been lacking at DC. He will gain respect from the players instantly.

All i know is whatever we do at DC please do not hire Mel Tucker or that over rated Rob Ryan.

Make a Splash Russ didn`t u say u wanted to hire world class people

They Hired The Jets DC. Is that a splash???

With Pettine, I am concerned that Rex Ryan was really the D-Coordinator of the Jets and Rexy dictates the overall schemes (even if he stopped calling the D signals the last two years (by the way the Jets defense was not as good the last two years as the previous two). How much has this guy actually been a decision making coordinator? Not much is my guess.

Pettine was the man, from everything I've heard. Yes, Rex is a defensive coach, but that doesn't mean he was running the D. Knowing Rex, he probably said what he did (about calling the defensive schemes) to throw Pettine under the bus and make himself look better.

Is it possible that Romeo Crennell might be available for our D-Coordinator job? I think he would be a solid choice -- he's had solid defenses whereever he has gone.

:sick:

Moot point, anyway. Pettine was hired and I wouldn't be surprised if he brought a few coaches and maybe some players with him.