Bills hire Mike Pettine of the Jets as DC???

I wouldn't be so sure, he is probably going to be one of the most sought after D-Coordinator candidates (along with Horton.)

I've posted ad nauseum that Horton is still under contract with Arizona abmnd is going nowhere unless its as a head coach.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[/font][/color]

http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

[/size][/font][/color]

http://www.ganggreen...speak-with-mike

I think he would be a huge upgrade over Wannstedt. I think the Bills improve with Pettine. Maybe Kelsay will finally get cut?

The thing I am most hopeful about is that the Bills didn't choose a proven loser and selected a relative unknown in Marrone. If he can recruit a strong staff, the Bills might escape irrelevance.

coordinators both are the key with him.

I think he would be a huge upgrade over Wannstedt. I think the Bills improve with Pettine. Maybe Kelsay will finally get cut?

The thing I am most hopeful about is that the Bills didn't choose a proven loser and selected a relative unknown in Marrone. If he can recruit a strong staff, the Bills might escape irrelevance.

Wannstadt was an Epic failure. so my janitor in a drum is an upgrade.

But Pettine would bring some fire to the team. And i much prefer him over Tucker.

Dont be surprised though if Doug brings HIS guy along from 'Cuse

From what I read, I would love it. As point of fact, this would bolster a lot of the concerns I have about Marrone. While I love Marrone's attitude and apparent skills at teambuilding the two (biggest) problems people have brought up that he isn't the playcaller and his defense schemes have left a lot to be desired. Pettine would fix the second half of that. A side effect of our shifting defensive schemes is that we have players who can fit in multiple positions (Anderson playing OLB/DE, Scott playing LB/S, Gilmore having the size of a S with the speed of a CB) and therefore can be adapted to multiple schemes instead of the predictable base 4-3 we kept trying last year.

I think how aggressively we pursue this will be a litmus test of how effectively Marrone and Brandon can bring people in.

I tried to look up Pettine's bio, did he really go from coaching high school to the NFL?

It appears so.

It should be noted that his father is one of the most successful Pennsylvania high school football coaches in history.

Pettine played collegiately at Virginia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Pettine

coordinators both are the key with him.

Wannstadt was an Epic failure. so my janitor in a drum is an upgrade.

But Pettine would bring some fire to the team. And i much prefer him over Tucker.

Dont be surprised though if Doug brings HIS guy along from 'Cuse

His guy just signed on to be the HC at SU.

I like Pettine a lot, but now than Ryan is available I think he is the guy we need to get quick.

Dallas has probably the most talent on defense in the league and they under acheived greatly. Not sure why either, maybe their DBs were suspect cause of age.