Marrone hire may possibly help Levitre re-signing

Surely it is not going to be the most important part. Levitre is not going to re-sign with the Bills unless the tean offers him the most, or close to the most money. But given the facts that Levitre clearly wants to stay if all things are even, and Marrone was a OL in the NFL and an OL coach with the Jets when Curtis Martin was running wild, it surely could tip the scales in the Bills favor if the Bills offer is slightly less than another teams (which I strongly think is going to be the case once FA starts unless the Bills offer blows Levitre away.

To me, if a team offers Levitre, say, a couple million more over the length of the contract, like 38 mil instead of 35, Levitre may indeed choose to stay with the Bills where he wants to play, loves his teammates and now gets to play with a man who understands him and his position.

or he has zero loyalty to a new college coach with an average record in a weak conference.

Hopefully Marrone reaches out to him and maybe can get him to buy-in a little before he goes on his FA tour. Think he will be one of the Top OL available. Buddy really screwed this up by not locking in one of the 2 prior to/during the season. Probably gun-shy after Fitz.

or he has zero loyalty to a new college coach with an average record in a weak conference.

Hopefully Marrone reaches out to him and maybe can get him to buy-in a little before he goes on his FA tour. Think he will be one of the Top OL available. Buddy really screwed this up by not locking in one of the 2 prior to/during the season. Probably gun-shy after Fitz.

There have been negotiations with both players during the season. Maybe they did not want to sign yet. Don't assume Buddy screwed up. He's done a good job re-signing players.

Eric Wood tweeted during the PC how much he was liking the hire. That can't hurt with respect to Levitre either.

I know it's out of school to suggest Buddy Nix has had any sort of plan over the past three years, but I think he has followed through on a couple of key strategies -- building the lines and "keeping our own." I see no reason to believe Buffalo intends to let blue chippers like Levitre and Byrd leave without a fight. I would never have typed this three (even two) years ago, but I fully expect both to be back in Bills uniforms next season.

Eric Wood tweeted during the PC how much he was liking the hire. That can't hurt with respect to Levitre either.

I know it's out of school to suggest Buddy Nix has had any sort of plan over the past three years, but I think he has followed through on a couple of key strategies -- building the lines and "keeping our own." I see no reason to believe Buffalo intends to let blue chippers like Levitre and Byrd leave without a fight. I would never have typed this three (even two) years ago, but I fully expect both to be back in Bills uniforms next season.

Completely agree - Levitre and Byrd aren't going anywhere!

I'm with you. At the very least, it will give us a sense of how serious Nix and the Bills were about that.

No matter all the extra stuff, money will always determine where the player goes. If someone offers him 3 million more, the Bills will need to offer 3 million more.

That is not true at all. There are all kinds of reasons players sign here or there. Money is the major factor, but there are 20 other factors that lead into it.

Just put yourself in the situation. Say you are Andy Levitre. You love Buffalo, you love your teammates, your wife and kids love it, and a team you don't like offers you 38 mil instead of 35 mil, or 37 mil instead of 35. Are you, jeremy2020 so obsessed with money that you will go to another team you and your family doesnt want to go to for that money when you're getting 35 million anyway?.

That is not true at all. There are all kinds of reasons players sign here or there. Money is the major factor, but there are 20 other factors that lead into it.

Just put yourself in the situation. Say you are Andy Levitre. You love Buffalo, you love your teammates, your wife and kids love it, and a team you don't like offers you 38 mil instead of 35 mil, or 37 mil instead of 35. Are you, jeremy2020 so obsessed with money that you will go to another team you and your family doesnt want to go to for that money when you're getting 35 million anyway?.

i hear ya. there's also another important factor: winning. the bills haven't done any of that in about 13 years. so if you're Levitre, and the Bears come and offer you 38 million as opposed to the 35 million, you're A.) getting more money; and B.) getting a better shot at winning/being in the playoffs. After all, "you play to win the games."

i really hope we keep Levitre but there are going to be a BUNCH of teams throwing piles of money at him...

i hear ya. there's also another important factor: winning. the bills haven't done any of that in about 13 years. so if you're Levitre, and the Bears come and offer you 38 million as opposed to the 35 million, you're A.) getting more money; and B.) getting a better shot at winning/being in the playoffs. After all, "you play to win the games."

i really hope we keep Levitre but there are going to be a BUNCH of teams throwing piles of money at him...

Absolutely. The Bills could offer more money and he could choose to go to a winning franchise. That is very possible. That said, if the Bills offer him the most money, given all of the things he has said about re-signing, I think he jumps at the chance to re-sign with Buffalo.

Agree. They will both be back or Buddy's plan was all just hot air. Buddy seems to mean what he says.

Absolutely. The Bills could offer more money and he could choose to go to a winning franchise. That is very possible. That said, if the Bills offer him the most money, given all of the things he has said about re-signing, I think he jumps at the chance to re-sign with Buffalo.

i'm with you there. from what i've heard from levitre, he seems to be happy to be in buffalo. we'll see though...

I'm beginning to think The Bills aint gonna pay big money to Levitre. Nothing against Andy. He's been a stalwart and a good player. I just don't believe the Bills are going to want to pay more than $4-5m for a guard.

If Levitre leaves, there are options on including Brandon Moore for a lot less, moving Glenn to guard, Hairston to LT, re-upping Rinehardt, Snow, Brown, or drafting one in rd 3-4.

Marrone's gonna bring in a good ol coach. And, I think Wood's replacement will be groomed this season as well.