Kyle Williams and calling out Bills effort

On more than one occasion this season, Kyle Williams noted that some players in the locker room weren't giving their all and were not aware of what it took to play in the NFL. It may be too easy to assume that it was Williams even with the hand injury but it may have been more than that. I would hope that someone would allow some access with Marrone and Kyle Williams to get a feel for what the strengths, mentally, might be.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If true, slackers will be GONE will Marrone in charge. He purged the Syracuse roster when he took over. Most of it was voluntary. But he expects 100% every down, every play. 6 scholarship players left his first year. Team went 8-5. First winning season they had since 2001.

On more than one occasion this season, Kyle Williams noted that some players in the locker room weren't giving their all and were not aware of what it took to play in the NFL. It may be too easy to assume that it was Williams even with the hand injury but it may have been more than that. I would hope that someone would allow some access with Marrone and Kyle Williams to get a feel for what the strengths, mentally, might be.

I imagine they will be allowed to talk

I am not sure who these players are. The only one that is wild is Barnett, who free-lances on plays. Sheppard and whoever is the other LB are simply not good. Dareus will probably go through a tough conditioning and off season and may be Maronne will be able to motivate him.

Kyle's comments after the season cause me to question whether he wants to be with the Bills any longer. On WGR he said something to the effect he was sick of losing and sick of working so hard in the offseason and then starting over again with new staff. If he wants out, I'm sure he'll be accomodated.

I am not sure who these players are. The only one that is wild is Barnett, who free-lances on plays. Sheppard and whoever is the other LB are simply not good. Dareus will probably go through a tough conditioning and off season and may be Maronne will be able to motivate him.

I also think Dareus went through a lot of personal issues that may have regressed his progress,

Do they make snow in the done in Syracuse? Just wondering. Never been to a game there before.

;-)

It snowed during the Pinstripe Bowl and Nassib appeared unfazed. No sleeves, too.

EDIT: Although his stats were subpar, Syracuse did win going away.

Edited by Punch

ummm, word of caution: this isn't a college team. these aren't college players. it's one thing to take a my way/highway approach in college. another to do so in the NFL when guaranteed contracts and practice limitations (days, hours and contact) are in place.

and before someone suggests that it's a new coach's perogative to rid team of chaff, well then that was my concern going into a coaching change in the first place: how many Bills fans sign up for more rebuilding?

just a few thoughts.

jw

Edited by john wawrow

ummm, word of caution: this isn't a college team. these aren't college players. it's one thing to take a my way/highway approach in college. another to do so in the NFL when guaranteed contracts and practice limitations (days, hours and contact) are in place.

and before someone suggests that it's a new coach's perogative to rid team of chaff, well then that was my concern going into a coaching change in the first place: how many Bills fans sign up for more rebuilding?

just a few thoughts.

jw

On the other hand, Marrone spent two seasons as an offensive lineman in the NFL, then was an assistant coach in the NFL for 4 seasons, and finally a coordinator in the NFL for an additional 3 years.

That's 9 seasons of his career he spent in the NFL.

Chip Kelly on the other hand didn't even play college football and spent zero seasons as an NFL assistant.

just a few thoughts.

jw

Once again thanks JW for some logic. I remember how well a certain ex coaches bull horn went over.

Motivation through leadership works a lot better, than treating highly paid professional athletes like a college red shirt freshman.

Kyle Williams has been in Buffalo awhile, He's going on his 3rd DC in 3 years. like many before him he's frustrated. Schobel, Moulds, etc. he wants to win now, he's never been on a winning Bills team.

On the other hand, Marrone spent two seasons as an offensive lineman in the NFL, then was an assistant coach in the NFL for 4 seasons, and finally a coordinator in the NFL for an additional 3 years.

That's 9 seasons of his career he spent in the NFL.

Chip Kelly on the other hand didn't even play college football and spent zero seasons as an NFL assistant.

And to JWs one comment... He's also dealt with strict practice rules in college, no?

Shouldn't be all foreign territory.