An Open Thread to Communicate with Russ Brandon

I expect the usual hire some re-tread either KW or LS it depends on which one is owed more by it's former team. Russ, please surprise me and hire someone that will be able to coach this team to a championship. Hire an out of the box thinker or a proven champion, some one with a ring that is somewhat current on the direction the league is taking. I don't want someone who made it the show I want a winner not 1st loser.

KW is owed 5.5 million from AZ making him the cheapest choice so that's who I expect you hire. You will extol his virtues having made to a Superbowl ( with Kurt Warner BTW not his choice for QB played due to injury ) but glossing over the last 3 years where he had a similar record to Chan.

Oh well, I guess we'll see

I hope you prove this snick wrong!

lol @ OP saying "with 100% certainty Russ Brandon comes to this board" ....classic....im sure if someone asked Russ what his favorite bills message boad is, his response would be "ummm...what? im trying to run an NFL franchise here man"

good stuff up in hurr

lol @ OP saying "with 100% certainty Russ Brandon comes to this board" ....classic....im sure if someone asked Russ what his favorite bills message boad is, his response would be "ummm...what? im trying to run an NFL franchise here man"

good stuff up in hurr

It's like Reid's 95% certainty to join the Cards. The OP employed by ESPN?

Hire a young guy. The league is changing faster than ever. We need a progressive thinking coach who can adapt, and is not stuck in the 70's or 80's. Or the 90's for that matter. Where is football headed, and lets beat the rest there.

That describes SU Orange head coach Doug Marrone exactly!

Alright guys, a thought struck me just yesterday.

Now that Russ Brandon is acting president of the Buffalo Bills, we as fans have likely never had a greater chance to have our suggestions as fans heard (and acted upon) by the Buffalo Bills.

I can, with 100% certainty, assure you that a male in his early 40s with a background in marketing, is familiar with, and peruses message boards such as here, billszone.com, buffalorumblings.com, and the buffalobills.com message board--to get a general feel for the mood of the fans. Is Russ here every day? With a user name, defending the honor of the Bills brand? Hardly likely. But you can be sure that a man with his background is lurking--and reading our threads regarding who the next coach should be, what are our thoughts on Fitz, Gailey, etc.

The man wants to sell tickets. This is a community of people who are likely to buy Bills season tickets/renew Bills season tickets/(possibly) cancel Bills season tickets. Don't delude yourself into thinking a community of hundreds (thousands?) of dedicated, passionate, Bills fans at twobillsdrive.com can't move the needle at One Bills Drive.....

Okey dokey then.

All good, carry on. No issues at all with your 100% guarantee from me. Nope. I'm 100% behind you! :thumbsup:

Was this a legit bet that was posted in a thread here? This is way more interesting than OP's thread, and if he made a bet and didn't make good on it, we all should know about it.

Yep. After about week 4 he claimed they'd make the playoffs and would bet anyone, so I took him up for $50.

If Brandon spends any time reading these threads, he aint doing his job. What difference does it make to him what we think? All he needs to know is 3 (and almost 4) non sellouts... almost 50% of home games. That will get his attention quicker than any brainless thread. Trust me, Russ knows what needs to be done... and another batch of koolaid aint cutting this time. The only question is, can he get it done?

He doesn't read them, but the organization does. They want to know what the fans are saying and like to have control on how they are perceived. It's Scott Berchtold's area. They also review the chats with ESPN and BN reporters.

Want to go ahead and give a big +1 to every true @$$hole who decided to bag on the OP in this thread. Congratulations mongoloids, you've showed your true colors.

LOLZ RUSS BRANDON DUZNT NO WHUT A MESS-UJ BOARD IZ. HE IZ R BIZZY RUNN NFL BIZNASS.

OP makes a good point about something you learn in the most basic of college marketing classes: KNOW YOUR TARGET MARKET. So pertaining to running the Bills, that means know what would placate them. The Sabres and Ted Black understand this. Its why they did that survey deal to fans and then added things like radio feeds in the bathroom, new TVs at concession stands, the intermission ending bell, shelves above the urinals and so on.

OP WAS trying to make a thread where we compiled a similar list of things that would make our experience at RWS better, should Mr. Brandon be a savvy enough marketing man to have a gopher perusing the fans' domain. He's not gonna listen to fans about coaching/drafting/etc because guess what....THEY PAY A LOT OF PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY TO DO THAT WORK, whether they do a good job or not.

Buncha dummies up in here the past week. Its like Chan getting fired brought out all the stupid and crazy in every poster.

Want to go ahead and give a big +1 to every true @$$hole who decided to bag on the OP in this thread. Congratulations mongoloids, you've showed your true colors.

LOLZ RUSS BRANDON DUZNT NO WHUT A MESS-UJ BOARD IZ. HE IZ R BIZZY RUNN NFL BIZNASS.

OP makes a good point about something you learn in the most basic of college marketing classes: KNOW YOUR TARGET MARKET. So pertaining to running the Bills, that means know what would placate them. The Sabres and Ted Black understand this. Its why they did that survey deal to fans and then added things like radio feeds in the bathroom, new TVs at concession stands, the intermission ending bell, shelves above the urinals and so on.

OP WAS trying to make a thread where we compiled a similar list of things that would make our experience at RWS better, should Mr. Brandon be a savvy enough marketing man to have a gopher perusing the fans' domain. He's not gonna listen to fans about coaching/drafting/etc because guess what....THEY PAY A LOT OF PEOPLE A LOT OF MONEY TO DO THAT WORK, whether they do a good job or not.

Buncha dummies up in here the past week. Its like Chan getting fired brought out all the stupid and crazy in every poster.

Ignoring your anger management issues.....

The OP was indeed trying to make a thread in the manner you mentioned.

I only realized this after reading your post, as I stopped reading the OP after this bit....

....and peruses message boards....to get a general feel for the mood of the fans. .....you can be sure that a man with his background is lurking--and reading our threads regarding who the next coach should be, what are our thoughts on Fitz, Gailey, etc.

It seems quite incongruous to where he ended up(wanting a thread about end zone colours or shelves in the urinals).

Edited by Dibs

Ignoring your anger management issues.....

The OP was indeed trying to make a thread in the manner you mentioned.

I only realized this after reading your post, as I stopped reading the OP after this bit....

It seems quite incongruous to where he ended up(wanting a thread about end zone colours or shelves in the urinals).

Hah, no anger here. Just an astute observation that there is a lack of sanity on TBD for the last 6 days and every thread is "I like Coach A because of B,C,D and Coaches E,F,G suck because of H, I and J" from a bunch of people who don't know much more than ESPN and WGR talking heads tell them about the candidates

I don't disagree that Russ Brandon would occasionally read this site- but I believe there are ways to make a communication from TSW more effective.

For example-

A team of e-mail connected admins review the posts and ideas within the open communication thread.

The team agrees to publish an official ONE PAGE locked thread that becomes the official fan communication suggestion document. Example- TSW MEMORANDUM FOR RUSS BRANDON, CEO of the BUFFALO BILLS of the NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE

This documant can summarize / edit/ categorize the contents of the open thread so as to arrive at a consensus for each category and suggestion / question.

The team is headed by an official admin who decides the content- but each team member can have input on the content.

The team agrees on an official format.

The team agrees on the topic categories- example, stadium improvements- as well as to create the official presented responses within a category- example, types of food at the concessions.

The categories and suggestions should be concise and carefully limited such that they can be read at a glance.

Yep. After about week 4 he claimed they'd make the playoffs and would bet anyone, so I took him up for $50.

Do you have the link?

I agree with cursed -- a potential deadbeat in our midsts is much more interesting than nonsense like the color of the endzone or the stripe on their pants. The Bills can wear pink taffeta for all I care as long as they get a real QB.

Do you have the link?

I agree with cursed -- a potential deadbeat in our midsts is much more interesting than nonsense like the color of the endzone or the stripe on their pants. The Bills can wear pink taffeta for all I care as long as they get a real QB.

Do you have the link?

I don't have a link but I remember the bet. I believe I posted that Maurder just put himself in a position to make easy $$$$

Do you have the link?

Can't find the damn link, but you see below he doesn't deny the bet occurred and he even tried to double up for next year. Pathetic deadbeat.

And to the guy with the Mayan temple as an avatar - im never paying you. Im a Bills fan, you think I have 50$ bucks to pay up? Double or nothing we make the palyoffs next year? :flirt:

Since the Bills want to be regional I want to float this old school idea. Bills can set up bus caravans from out lying areas. It would encourage folks to go to games who otherwise did not want to deal with the traffic. Places like Jamestown, Erie or Syracuse just to name a few. Charge a few bucks and let the driving to us (Bills).

My pet peeve is the blackout rule. Why is it extended all the way to Syracuse (and thus Utica because of a lack of CBS stations in central NY)? Whether I go to a game or not has NOTHING to do with the blackout rule. All the blackout does is make me think that the people running the franchise are out of touch and greedy.

I've never understood how cutting people off from the franchise helps sell tickets. It probably makes people in places like Utica turn to the Giants or the Jets.

Listen up Russ! This is important!

I need you to stop surfing this message board, and get back to doing your job.

:lol:

"Don't listen to the fans...or you'll wind up sitting with them."

- Marv Levy

And we all know Marv was infallible in his actions and words. If Russ cares for marketing in the very least (and we all know he does, more so than fielding a winning team), he better be open to fan feedback.

Here's my suggestion ...Put the radio feed in the bathrooms.

Seperate gates for Season Ticket Holders.

Club seat holders already got both of those.

Instead of renewing the Toronto series, alternate years between toronto and the carrier dome each getting 1 preseason game, while the othe rremains kids day at the Ralph.

:thumbsup:

Russ Brandon being from Syracuse would probably go for this idea!

No. It's already been stated by the Bills front office, the Carrier Dome is not up to NFL standards. Plus in August, it's like an oven since there is no air conditioning.

Since the Bills want to be regional I want to float this old school idea. Bills can set up bus caravans from out lying areas. It would encourage folks to go to games who otherwise did not want to deal with the traffic. Places like Jamestown, Erie or Syracuse just to name a few. Charge a few bucks and let the driving to us (Bills).

Last year with my season ticket package was an ad for a bus company that would give rides from Rochester to the Stadium on game days. I can't remember the exact cost, I want to say it was $40/game.

I couldn't find Johnny's but I did find that Mead owes you $1 also...

$ 1 dollar says we make the playoffs.

I'll take that bet and be glad to pay if I lose. I just don't think Fitz is good enough to get us there.

JohnnyGold, great thread. Too bad too many on this board prefer to look to mock just about every new thread that is started rather than provide a well thought out reply. It's predictable.

I could care less about the uniforms , the turf, etc. All I really care about is that the Bills finally find a way to win again.........in some sustainable fashion. It's painful to watch them flail around aimlessly while they completely waste a shittttttton of Wilson's money.

If you haven't seen Brandon's presser with the Buffalo media I highly suggest that you check it out on www.buffalobills.com. In that discussion the media guys are pretty tough on Brandon, as they should be. He is pressed several times to explain WHY Bills fans can expect the team to be any better under his rule. His only real answer is that the admin. staff will work harder and "leave no stone unturned." That the football side of things is in Nix's capable hands.

My thoughts on this are that Nix is NOT the man to be making the football decisions/recommendations. Things are not going to turn around anytime soon with Nix as the GM. He has no creativity and is willing to take zero chances. His philosophy is the long tried "build through the draft method". The problem with that method is simply that is you don't draft well, then you pretty much stink up the joint, don't ever make the playoffs, are forced to turn to a "never was" QB and pay him $60M, waste tens of millions of dollars, and become the laughingstock of the NFL. .I wish I could say differently. I really do.

What I suggest Brandon do is to not rely on one of Wilson's cronies to make the football decisions. Instead, he ought to be interviewing prospective NFL personnel throughout the league who are much more qualified to be making the football decisions that either he or Nix. These are the people that he should be interviewing first to try to find the best possible, most knowledgeable person. This is even more important than finding a new HC. Once you have a top notch GM then and only then will you be able to deliver on the omni-important decisions that need to be made to put the Bills back on top.

Brandon doesn't need to know all that much about the football side of things, but he does need to be wise enough to hire someone who is a proven expert. Use Nix and others to help find that person if you have to. Then and only then will the Bills be headed in the right direction.

JohnnyGold, great thread. Too bad too many on this board prefer to look to mock just about every new thread that is started rather than provide a well thought out reply. It's predictable.

New threads are typically mocked when one poster begins multiple copies of the same thread, ad nauseam. If you truly think this is a great thread then please read JohnnyGold's follow-up post on page 1:

Mods, please delete this post ASAP. This is a perfect example of exactly what this thread SHOULDN'T be.

To the poster: I'm sure Russ is more than aware that we need a new coach (Gailey has been fired,) and a better QB. Russ himself said the Bills brand has been tarnished.

Stop living in the past, and stop ripping on the Bills. Leave that for the national media--they are plenty good at it.

Use this thread as a platform to suggest meaningful ideas that could actually gain traction within the organization.

WIFI in the stadium perhaps?

If you can't think of something to contribute, then concede that there are smarter people than you in charge of the organization, and find another thread to post in.

Dear Russ

Are you serious? Please step down if you are gonna make terrible decisions just like RW.

Doug Marrone is your answer? What a terrible pick. How could you pass up Lovie Smith?

I will not follow the Bills or buy season tickets now.

Very unhappy fan (former bills fan )

Todd

Dear Todd,

You mad bro? We can't afford anyone else. You didn't really think we were going to end up with any of those credible coaches, did you? Mediocrity is our goal, not championships. Plus this completes my regionalization plan. We now have fans from Toronto all the way to the Finger Lakes! Next up, we will be changing our name from the Buffalo Bills to the Western NY'ers. Go team!

Signed,

Russ Brandon, emperor of WNY

Dear Russ

Are you serious? Please step down if you are gonna make terrible decisions just like RW.

Doug Marrone is your answer? What a terrible pick. How could you pass up Lovie Smith?

I will not follow the Bills or buy season tickets now.

Very unhappy fan (former bills fan )

Todd

Ditto. Fire yourself Russ!