Rumor: Carolina Steel Curtain?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid if this. Not only would Chin pull in Chan for his OC, he could steal away guys like Horton, Wiz, Grimm and Smith for Cordinator options as well.

Plus Chan would look like a genius because Cam would destroy all with his ability.

No need to worry. Whisenhunt and Lovie will each land one of the openings this year, IMO. Horton, if not this year, then next. I can't see him wanting to stay a DC. One more year, tops. Anyone giving Grimm a HC job though should have his head examined...so if you fear him as an assistant, one out of four isn't bad.

Just wondering, where do you live in NC? How do you call the game experience bad? I have a five year old son that loves it, and I'd never let him go to a game in OP till he was 16.

Davidson County, just above Salisbury. About an hour from downtown Charlotte, 30 minutes from Winston-Salem, 40 minutes from Greensboro.

The experience is bad because there is no tailgating, no weather, nothing "fun." Everything is corporate washed. It is not fun, it's not football, it's not open beer in a parking lot around a grill with Rush blaring on someones car speakers. Carolina is a great place to take a family, it is tame. It is still a good experience, but it is NOTHING compared to what you really want when getting the game day experience. The only benefit is that there are a bunch of good things after the game within walking distance.

It's funny to mention that. I also live in Carolina, when you have a local team doing well it's hard not to get caught up in the emotion of it. About three years back was getting tired of the Bill's losing every year, The Panthers just finished that season with Jake D at QB and won something like was it 14 games and got knocked out in the first round by Az. The following season I figured what the heck, maybe I'll follow Carolina a lot more, games are on TV every week, articles in the paper, etc. So what happens, they win 2 games and are even worse than the Bill's.

The fans here think they know football. Think they have an understanding, but for most of their lives they only cheered for UNC football. NCSU and Wake never get near enough attention, in my opinion. It drives me nuts that throughout the state there are more Cowboys and Redskins fans then Panthers fans. The ones who go to the games really do not seem like fans.

It drives me nuts, too, to see how the team is promoted. The promotions might be worse then Buffalo's, with High School Video class quality.

I was unaware of this.

Unaware the Bills started the Panthers? They were the Bills South for a long time. There was nearly a Bills West or something like that, too, at one point. In the 90's there were a lot of Bills that left around 95, 96, 97, 98.

On the opening roster of the Panthers the following were former Bills, most drafted during Polians tenure.

Nate Turner (RB)

Don Beebe

Frank Reich

Pete Metzelars

There was someone else, I thought.

Carlton Bailey (LB) was on the roster the following year.

Unaware the Bills started the Panthers? They were the Bills South for a long time. There was nearly a Bills West or something like that, too, at one point. In the 90's there were a lot of Bills that left around 95, 96, 97, 98.

Not to mention the enormous number of former WNYs who've relocated to that area.

Not to mention the enormous number of former WNYs who've relocated to that area.

I had just thought about the other things from WNY making their way here, too. One of the best - Wegmans is always rumored to be coming to Charlotte or RDU. Supposedly, they bought land some time in the 90's down here...

I had just thought about the other things from WNY making their way here, too. One of the best - Wegmans is always rumored to be coming to Charlotte or RDU. Supposedly, they bought land some time in the 90's down here...

I have a buddy who works at Wegmans HQ in Rochester. He confirms NC is on the long term radar.

I have a buddy who works at Wegmans HQ in Rochester. He confirms NC is on the long term radar.

I am betting if you posted his number he'd get 1,000 calls a day begging him to reconsider. Google North Carolina Wegmans and there are tons of sites dedicated to it happening.

Davidson County, just above Salisbury. About an hour from downtown Charlotte, 30 minutes from Winston-Salem, 40 minutes from Greensboro.

The experience is bad because there is no tailgating, no weather, nothing "fun." Everything is corporate washed. It is not fun, it's not football, it's not open beer in a parking lot around a grill with Rush blaring on someones car speakers. Carolina is a great place to take a family, it is tame. It is still a good experience, but it is NOTHING compared to what you really want when getting the game day experience. The only benefit is that there are a bunch of good things after the game within walking distance.

The fans here think they know football. Think they have an understanding, but for most of their lives they only cheered for UNC football. NCSU and Wake never get near enough attention, in my opinion. It drives me nuts that throughout the state there are more Cowboys and Redskins fans then Panthers fans. The ones who go to the games really do not seem like fans.

It drives me nuts, too, to see how the team is promoted. The promotions might be worse then Buffalo's, with High School Video class quality.

On the opening roster of the Panthers the following were former Bills, most drafted during Polians tenure.

Nate Turner (RB)

Don Beebe

Frank Reich

Pete Metzelars

There was someone else, I thought.

Carlton Bailey (LB) was on the roster the following year.

So basically you live in the sticks

Not surprising there are more Skins fans as for year they were the "local" team. Seems to me there are mnay more NC state fans around, you don't hear from them much as the teams is usually bad, but if they ever had a real good season, seems they'd be much more popular than UNC and Duke. Will be interesting this coming season for basketball as they are favored to win the ACC.

I'm in Wilmington on the coast. It is nice living in a location where many people want to go on vacation to. Taxes are dirt cheap but on the coast homeowners insurance is sky high, I pay over $2500 a year.

Good to hear about Wegmans! This summer I was in one up near DC and Baltimore, the place is amazing, was even nicer than the ones in Rochester. But not surprising as every time they build a new one it's the biggest one yet. My wwife always rags on me about spending time on this site as what good information do I learn. I can tell her I heard it on Two Bills Drive!!

Edited by Ed_Roch

Honestly, Chan would make a great OC. Especially if he's got someone with immense skill like Newton.

But imagine what he could do as an OC if he had someone like Spiller! :doh:

Wait thats probably too easy never mind.

Chan would kill it with Cam. Chan is a damn good OC, he just needs to be keep in check. His biggest problem is he settled for average to below average QBs and tried to get the most out of them. I will never get why an offensive coach like him won't push for a high draft pick to be used on a QB. Ultimately, it got him fire.