Rumor: Carolina Steel Curtain?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm afraid if this. Not only would Chin pull in Chan for his OC, he could steal away guys like Horton, Wiz, Grimm and Smith for Cordinator options as well.

Plus Chan would look like a genius because Cam would destroy all with his ability.

I'm afraid if this. Not only would Chin pull in Chan for his OC, he could steal away guys like Horton, Wiz, Grimm and Smith for Cordinator options as well.

Plus Chan would look like a genius because Cam would destroy all with his ability.

Be never afraid of this again....

Ain't happening.... you heard it here first. Richardson is cheap, old school, and a prick. No way is Cowher gonna be able to coexist with him, and no way is Richardson going to cede that much control to a coach and pay him that much money. He was to cheap to fire Fox and was content to let him ride out full season rather than move on. Richardsom is commited to winning only on his terms.

If the Bills continued to suck... and being here in Carolina I would definitely get stronger ties to the team. Call me fair weather all you want, but the reality is that most Bills fans have cheered for Carolina since the start - with Polian, Beebe, Metzelaars, Reich, and more coming down here to start the team. Having always had family in NC and visiting it often in the past I always liked them. A lot less recently because of the way the team has been managed, and the game experience is just not that great.

But, back to the real thread. I do not see this happening, not the way they are making it out.

Could Chan and the Chin reunite in Carolina to teach Cam?

Link

Cam is tailor made to run chans spread. How do you play defense against chans scheme when you have a super mobile qb, top flight WR and one of the better passers in the game. Cam is everything fitz is not. If fitz could only be accurate downfield or throw it up with a guy like Steve smith able to go get it, this years offense would have looked immensely different. Carolina has both plus one of the most mobile qb's in the game.

Much like in chans spirit, he is the first coach fired by buffalo that I am pulling for wherever he lands.

Honestly, Chan would make a great OC. Especially if he's got someone with immense skill like Newton.

I wish Chan Gailey well, but "honestly" why would a coach/coordinator who punts at the opposing team's 35 yard line twice in the same season when down in the game make a good "Offensive" Coordinator?? Why would someone who loses track of down & distance who is the head coach be great in any capacity if he is actively engaged in a football game? Why would a Coach or OC who had an aggressive offensive philosophy surrender the opportunity to receive the ball after winning the coin flip in almost every contest that the Bills participated in? That's not aggressive, Chan's not aggressive, he is just as far from motivating as Dick Jauron was! Did we watch the same games, the same coach? I think Chan was always marginal, and with the Bills I think he really was lousy and may have been lost in the past. Nothing like a Coach who replies "I don't know" so many times repeatedly when asked by the media what the problems and solutions are? He never did find out neither! That is why he is gone! Chan was not, and did not have any answers, and unfortunately if Chan goes to Carolina he will be in the NFC as I woiuld love for the Bills to have to face an AFC East team twice a year who is coached in any capacity by Chan Gailey. That's my take, and I know that I'm closer than the truth than what your interpretation of Chan Gailey is. But, I hope you get your wish and I like Carolina, so best of luck despite my opinion.

If the Bills continued to suck... and being here in Carolina I would definitely get stronger ties to the team. Call me fair weather all you want, but the reality is that most Bills fans have cheered for Carolina since the start - with Polian, Beebe, Metzelaars, Reich, and more coming down here to start the team. Having always had family in NC and visiting it often in the past I always liked them. A lot less recently because of the way the team has been managed, and the game experience is just not that great.

But, back to the real thread. I do not see this happening, not the way they are making it out.

Just wondering, where do you live in NC? How do you call the game experience bad? I have a five year old son that loves it, and I'd never let him go to a game in OP till he was 16.

It's funny to mention that. I also live in Carolina, when you have a local team doing well it's hard not to get caught up in the emotion of it. About three years back was getting tired of the Bill's losing every year, The Panthers just finished that season with Jake D at QB and won something like was it 14 games and got knocked out in the first round by Az. The following season I figured what the heck, maybe I'll follow Carolina a lot more, games are on TV every week, articles in the paper, etc. So what happens, they win 2 games and are even worse than the Bill's.