Draft: Stirring The Pot

Astrobot

I would be perfectly happy if the Bill end up drafting anyone (maybe even 2) of the QBs from this list:

1 11 Geno Smith

1 16 Matt Barkley

1 18 Tyler Wilson

2 39 Ryan Nassib

2 46 Tyler Bray (Jr.,decl)

2 48 Landry Jones

2 59 Aaron Murray (Jr.)

2 60 E.J. Manuel

3 85 Logan Thomas (Jr.)

3 87 A.J. McCarron (Jr.)

4 114 Tajh Boyd (Jr.)

5 147 Mike Glennon

I think each of them has strengths and weaknesses and each has a chance to be successful in the league given proper coaching and support. I love the idea of a new coaching staff and a rookie QB coming in at the same time.

P.S. - I'm surprised to see Glennon so far down on your list when many people are projecting him as a 1st rounder and potential first QB taken

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why are you surprised? Astrobot just said he thinks Te'o will go number 1 overall, lol....anything is fair game with his proejctions after that comment

and to Astrobots earlier comment on page 1: no, I dont think Te'o will even be on the Cheifs short list at number 1....unless its b/c of a trade down possiblity

tell me again though...when was the last time a LB was the first overall pick in the nfl draft? (answer: Aundray Bruce in 1988, who was a pass rushing LB thought to be the next LT - went on to have a SPECTACULAR 42 game career, and before that it was our beloved Buffalo Bills drafting Tom Cousineau in 1979)

new regimes usually = new QBs (but in this supposed weak QB class, I woulndt be surprised if they DONT go QB - i just cant fathom a LB goes number 1)

Draft will be predicated on who is hired as coach and what offense they plan to run. The new sexy pistol offense used by Seattle and San Francisco if installed would mean an athletic QB who can throw and run like Geno Smith. If they go traditional pocket QB a Mike Glennon would be a good choice. Picking 8th they can gett the best player avaiable on the board in a defense heavy draft or trade out of the position and garner extra picks and select a QB in the middle of the first round. Let the predraft fun begin!

It's a different kind of NFL, where maybe the 6'1 mobile guy is more covetted then the 6'6 pocket passer. The draft class for QBs does not look good at first but maybe it's stocked w/ RG3 and wilson types. Things will become a lot clearer after the combine.

My list, guys who can perform, find the end zone, lead and acheive Victory.

1 Matt Barkley, going #1 overall

2 Tyler Wilson

3 Geno Smith

4 Nick Florence, Baylor

5 Seth Doege, Texas Tech

6 Jordan Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers brother. Vanderbilt

7 Matt Scott, Arizona

8 Ryan Nassib, SU

It's a different kind of NFL, where maybe the 6'1 mobile guy is more covetted then the 6'6 pocket passer. The draft class for QBs does not look good at first but maybe it's stocked w/ RG3 and wilson types. Things will become a lot clearer after the combine.

My list, guys who can perform, find the end zone, lead and acheive Victory.

1 Matt Barkley, going #1 overall

2 Tyler Wilson

3 Geno Smith

4 Nick Florence, Baylor

5 Seth Doege, Texas Tech

6 Jordan Rodgers, Aaron Rodgers brother. Vanderbilt

7 Matt Scott, Arizona

8 Ryan Nassib, SU

Thats my sleeper QB right there, kid has a cannon, and can move.

klien is tebow with a weaker arm but shorter delivery.

its still early in the process. for what its worth i think we will take tyler wilson. he will probably have a pretty good draft process and end up being a top ten pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.