Draft: Stirring The Pot

Astrobot

TE: I’ve been tweeting with Chandler, and he feels he’ll be ready for Training Camp. I bet they’re done with Lee Smith. I have Eifert #37 on my board, and we pick #40 in RD2. Mychal Rivera might vault up draft boards before April. Think RD4:

ILB-OLB: I think Te’O will go before our #8 pick (most likely #1 or #5). Same with J Jones (who I see as better in a 3-4), which could make Nix-Whaley trade up to get Te’O. But not if Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy becomes our head coach).The only available LB I’d have taken before more weapons for our QB in RD1 is going back to school-- CJ Mosley. All other available LB’s are better 3-4 defenders or retrofit DE’s (Mingo, Montgomery). Here’s a possibility---Minter (if he declares). Bradham stays, and I think Sheppard will grade out better than we think.

QB: I know Ralph said he’d be going after a Franchise QB, but he isn’t deciding anymore….Maybe the head coach (especially Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy) likes a falling Geno Smith (because of his performance vs Syracuse) or reaches for Wilson or maybe Tajh Boyd or Optimus Klein. I think this is a flawed QB class, and I think the new Head Coach (I like Kelly-McCoy-Hudson-Smith in that order) will agree, and pick elsewhere, opting for the QB-rich 2014 class.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait wait wait....Te'o number 1 overall??????????????????? dont get me wrong, I reallllyyy like the guy....but number 1 overall????????????? and here I thought you fancied yourself a draft guru....

Would you care to wager that he's on their short list?

at #1? yea, id take that. will they do their hw on him, as a just in case? of course, but he would have to do some miraculous things in the championship game and combine to seriously be on the short list for #1

TE: I’ve been tweeting with Chandler, and he feels he’ll be ready for Training Camp. I bet they’re done with Lee Smith. I have Eifert #37 on my board, and we pick #40 in RD2. Mychal Rivera might vault up draft boards before April. Think RD4:

ILB-OLB: I think Te’O will go before our #8 pick (most likely #1 or #5). Same with J Jones (who I see as better in a 3-4), which could make Nix-Whaley trade up to get Te’O. But not if Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy becomes our head coach).The only available LB I’d have taken before more weapons for our QB in RD1 is going back to school-- CJ Mosley. All other available LB’s are better 3-4 defenders or retrofit DE’s (Mingo, Montgomery). Here’s a possibility---Minter (if he declares). Bradham stays, and I think Sheppard will grade out better than we think.

QB: I know Ralph said he’d be going after a Franchise QB, but he isn’t deciding anymore….Maybe the head coach (especially Chip Kelly or Mike McCoy) likes a falling Geno Smith (because of his performance vs Syracuse) or reaches for Wilson or maybe Tajh Boyd or Optimus Klein. I think this is a flawed QB class, and I think the new Head Coach (I like Kelly-McCoy-Hudson-Smith in that order) will agree, and pick elsewhere, opting for the QB-rich 2014 class.

Aaron Murray IS a Bill.

OP, I agree 100% with your take on LB. Especially Sheppard. Bradham hasn't had the opportunity to show what he has because of poor play by K.Moore (IMO).

I'd hate to see the Bills stretch for a QB in the first...smells like a wasted pick.

As far as Tight Ends, I never have seen this kid play. From what I've seen in this footage:

-He seems to position block instead of driving people off of the ball.

-Stands straight up and plays high at times

-Good release off LOS, seems to run well in space

Not sold on this guy but that's just from this footage. Do you know more about him?

Personally, I like Travis Kelce out of Cincinnati. He seems like a player who could fall farther than expected and would love to see a guy like him on our side.

Aaron Murray IS a Bill.

I guess the question would be.... who would the Bills take @ #1. I say Te'o. And I wouldn't take Murray until Round 3. What are u smokin ?? Holy Moly ----> that's as close as I get to expletives Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

I guess the question would be.... who would the Bills take @ #1. I say Te'o. And I wouldn't take Murray until Round 3. What are u smokin ?? Holy Moly ----> that's as close as I get to expletives

We aren't pickin No. 1...and if you want a QB that has an arm, is mobile, has a brain and can read a defense...they'll look Murray. Don't be fooled by Geno.

Personally, I like Travis Kelce out of Cincinnati. He seems like a player who could fall farther than expected and would love to see a guy like him on our side.

Kelce will go maybe RD4, On the plus side, I think he was 4th or thereabouts among TE's in nation in recep avg, but the knock on him was that he was suspended all of 2010 (violation of team rules). He has the DNA (younger brother of Eagles OG Jason Kelce).

We aren't pickin No. 1...and if you want a QB that has an arm, is mobile, has a brain and can read a defense...they'll look Murray. Don't be fooled by Geno.

Sorry bro.. Very respecfully disagree. Murray is a bench warmer at the next level. Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley are the only one in the class worth taking in rounds 1 or 2. Murray Glennon and Geno are major projects with Murray the least talented of the 5 mentioned. Murray looks for a place to fall when he sees pressure Glennon checks down more than Trent Edwards and Smith (and Murray for that matter) tends to whine and complain at the littelest adversity. Would hate it if we bother with Murray or Glennon in any rounds, but esp. before round 3

P.S. I know we don't pick #1 but thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY

Sorry bro.. Very respecfully disagree. Murray is a bench warmer at the next level. Tyler Wilson, and Matt Barkley are the only one in the class worth taking in rounds 1 or 2. Murray Glennon and Geno are major projects with Murray the least talented of the 5 mentioned. Murray looks for a place to fall when he sees pressure Glennon checks down more than Trent Edwards and Smith (and Murray for that matter) tends to whine and complain at the littelest adversity. Would hate it if we bother with Murray or Glennon in any rounds, but esp. before round 3

P.S. I know we don't pick #1 but thanks for the info :thumbsup:

Dozen wings at Duffs says Murray produces more passing yds than Barkley as a rookie...

1:Buddy nix said he's going after a QB, and Yes, he's still in charge.

2:Bowl Games are not a deciding factor, predraft workouts, interviews, reg season game tape, and the Combine mean a whole lot more

3: Is this a joke? Seriously, this kid has ABSOLUTELY no chance of playing QB in the NFL, none, zip, zilch, zero.

at #1? yea, id take that. will they do their hw on him, as a just in case? of course, but he would have to do some miraculous things in the championship game and combine to seriously be on the short list for #1

I want in on this action too. No way an inside backer goes first overall...EVER.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.