New Stadium on the Horizon?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When asked about this on WGR, after the press conference Russ replied that he said "there is the potential for a new stadium", that could include a convention center and could be used for more events then just the Bills. He mentioned UB Football as an example.

Edited by BRAWNDO

On GR he mentioned that he meant to say (or did say, which he didn't though) that there was the "potential" for a new stadium. So backed off those comments a bit.

Ah...Thanks. I thought it was a bit more certain than in past mentions.

Reasons why the Buffalo Bills HC position is the best opportunity in the NFL:

1. Robust roster

2. Young core talent

3. Brand new Lease

4. Renovation package going into this stadium

5."We have a new stadium on the horizon".

Has anyone said this before?? It really caught me by surprise. It's at the 18 minute mark of Brandon's presser.

That's exactly why we need a coach with a history of winning, not getting to 500 !!!

How many other teams looking for a head coach had this issue? All of a sudden this lease puts us ahead of other teams that didn't have this problem to begin with?

How does that make sense?

The lease simply eliminates another troubling issue surrounding the franchise.

It's a damage control thing.

One less strike against.

How many other teams looking for a head coach had this issue? All of a sudden this lease puts us ahead of other teams that didn't have this problem to begin with?

no, but perhaps it pulls us closer to the pack in this regard.

if im a coach i certainly know - what happens when ralph passes is a major question.

it just went from totally wide open to: continue to work with Russ Brandon in Buffalo for atleast the short term answer to that question.

in years past it couldve been move across the country on little notice.

Edited by NoSaint

No one said it puts us ahead. It takes away one potential negative, which makes it more attactive.

Show me a stadium that has cleaner sinks to pee in the RWS!

RW Stadium is a dinosaur and pit compared to the new stadiums in the league. He is a marketing guy. He knows people want clean bathrooms, wifi, more food options than beer and wings, and large concourses.

The new stadium needs to be 15 K seats smaller, on the water, part of a shopping/dining complex and with much higher ticket prices.

I think some people were missing my point. I wasn't shocked that he brought it up because I do expect certain talks to happen in this regard over the next 5 years or so. But the fact that he didn't say potentail at the presser, but corrected himself later, perhaps lends itself to the possibility that some type of succession is indeed in place, rather than the age old "it will go the highest bidder." If the organization was only focused on the now and whatever happens happens after Ralph passes, I don't think a new stadium would really be something that Brandon would've mentioned.

On GR he mentioned that he meant to say (or did say, which he didn't though) that there was the "potential" for a new stadium. So backed off those comments a bit.

You don't get to be a marketing genius without studying the bait-and-switch.

He also never said WHERE this new fictional stadium is likely to be built. My guess it's in LA, since I don't trust Russ Brandon one bit.

Just wake up from a coma? The new Bills lease stipulates a committee to be formed in year 6 of the deal to study and make recommendations for a new stadium built by 2023. Might be in downtown, might be next to the current RWS. No one knows yet.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Long term survival of the team does NOT depend on a new stadium. GB is doing just fine in a renovated stadium (KC too). GB has the same problem BUF does; no corporate base. ROI for a modern NFL stadium requires a robust corporate base. Do you think Joe Fan is going to shell out three times what he does now simply because the stadium is new? No way! Do you think the area has enough corporate entities to sell out a huge inventory of outrageously expensive suites in a new building? I recall awhile back when the Bills couldn't sell out their suites. But somehow when we build new suites, they will all sell out and at three times the current rate? I dont think so. Do some research on how fast the shine wears off on new sports facilities. It's a short-term kick and then watch out.

These behemoths are built specifically by the ultra-rich for the ultra-rich, Ultra-rich owners build palaces to host other ultra-rich people.There will be no new stadium. NY wont pay for it and no one is going to sink $1/2 billion or more of their own money into the ultra-weak WNY economy. I agree that the $130 million is just a band aid. GB put about $300 million into their stadium and KC was around the same amount. The $130 million is just a stop-gap. Within the next ten years, RWS stadium will require a real renovation. But forget about a new stadium. The area (and State) cannot support it and no one is going to spend their own money on it.

Just wake up from a coma? The new Bills lease stipulates a committee to be formed in year 6 of the deal to study and make recommendations for a new stadium built by 2023. Might be in downtown, might be next to the current RWS. No one knows yet.

PTR

PTR...maybe I missed it. Where did you see the part about a stadium being built by 2023? I don't recall seeing it in the News. I know there was a mention of a study being done at a certain point in the lease, but nothing specific like what you mentioned.