2 best choices for HC

RCOHEN13

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

Would be either Kyle Shanahan or Chip Kelly.. The NFL is a different game nowadays and these 2 guys especially Shanahan with his work with the Washington offense and RG3 would give us a coach that can be dynamic on offense.. Shanahan is in early 30's and been coaching for 9+ years already... Obviously grew up in football cuz of his pops and is ready to be his own man... i would LOVE to see Kyle get a shot... Chip Kelly is a pipe dream cuz if he did make the leap to the NFL, it would not be here even though the key to his offense is speed and Spiller would put up Madden type numbers in his offense..

Why would Kyle want to leave his Daddys staff? He is probably going to be his replacement once he retires

Also, how well did he do when not working for Daddys team and without RGIII?

Why would Kyle want to leave his Daddys staff? He is probably going to be his replacement once he retires

Also, how well did he do when not working for Daddys team and without RGIII?

Why would he want to leave his dad??? To build his OWN career????? Dont know about you, but if i were a coach at the HIGHEST level and helped build the success that team had... I'd want to be the HEAD coach, not just the OC.. Unfortunately, RG3's dont come knocking every yr but look at that supporting cast... a 6th round RB who played his college ball here in Boca, their #1 WR being injured a chunk of season, lost their TE who was a key target in the offense and a worse group of WR's than us...

Kyle's a young guy, been living the game his entire life and he WILL be a head coach in his league, if not this yr, next yr.

Kyle Shanahan just turned 33 years old.

He's a bit on the young side for an NFL head coach. He's been a coach for all of 9 years.

He's a little bit green to say the least.

On top of that, you don't know if Kyle is "Dad Shanny's" version of Curtis Modkins. You don't know if he's really bringing anything to the table.

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination

I'm starting to come around on Lovie Smith. Can't deny his success but just not a fan of the cover 2

It would come down to who he hires to be his OC which if could get Norv would be a really good combination

This is why I'm not high on Lovie. He's never ever hired a good OC and the Bears offense was in the bottom third every year he was there save for one when they were 19th. His in ability to hire competent OCs was his undoing in Chicago.

Won't pretend to know who the best two choices are, but I would prefer a younger guy, with some experience...honestly, would like Lovie or Whisenhunt. Charlie Casserly, on NFLN, just said that he thought Lovie would be a great fit for the Bills, especially if he brought along Rod Marinelli with him...

Kyle Shanahan just turned 33 years old.

He's a bit on the young side for an NFL head coach. He's been a coach for all of 9 years.

He's a little bit green to say the least.

On top of that, you don't know if Kyle is "Dad Shanny's" version of Curtis Modkins. You don't know if he's really bringing anything to the table.

How old was Tomlin when he went to the Steelers?

Edited by jjmac

I feel you here. The thing that made the cover 2 for Lovie work so well was his front 7. We have a front 4 in place (hypothetically). Need the other 3 (LB's) to either step up or be upgraded.

Edited by The Wiz

what a joke. Bills aren't leaning towards anyone. just pure speculation.

I don't think LaCanfora actually said the Bills were leaning toward Whisenhunt, only that he was a prime candidate--- it sounds more like a guess and it's from 4 hours ago:

@JasonLaCanfora

At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien

I don't think LaCanfora actually said the Bills were leaning toward Whisenhunt, only that he was a prime candidate--- it sounds more like a guess and it's from 4 hours ago:

@JasonLaCanfora

At this point, I'd be looking for Reid in AZ, Arians in SD, Whisenhunt in BUF. CLE and PHI going after Bill O'Brien

well yea, pretty much the same thing lol

I like Lovie Smith a great deal. As I said in another thread, I am wary of another helping of the Tampon Two D. Small fast guys who get pushed all over the field in the 4th quarter.

No and No...I live in Portland and Kelly is an ass. He is a dick to the media. The Ducks are going to get nailed by the NCAA for paying for players. His system will not work in the NFL. He can't even keep his college QB's healthy. He really is a pompous jerk. Makes daddy Shanahan look like a saint.

As for Shanny JR - no thank you. I would rather have Schotty's kid or son of Chucky.

Ya but what worries me is what did he do with a mediocre QB in sexy Rexy --- NOTHIN sure when you have a exceptional talent at QB it makes every body look a lot better but it's what happens when that guy goes down & you have a guy like Fitz that comes in .

Maybe if he was to bring their second string guy with him that knows his scheme but to bring him in when we don't have a talented QB I'm not real sure how that would work.

I still think Marc Trestman should be considered or at least talked to so he can say YA or Na. The guy is a proven winner & is a great QB coach & teacher which is what we need especially if we get a young QB for the future !!