Ray Horton for HC

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff, I like him a lot...he definitely knows how to create havoc on the defensive side of the ball.

Back to back seasons of 54+ sacks since he became coordinator of the Cards D. Also 20+ INTs each season for his squads too. Players all love him too but I think he has zero experience on the offensive side of the ball so he'd have to come stacked with a good offensive coordinator.

Well, if they get Horton assume we go back to 3-4. Mario goes to OLB which is what Houston was doing with him his last year. Dareus and Carrington at DE, Williams at NT I guess. Sheppard gets to stay as an ILB, Bradham becomes a rushbacker from hell (win). We need another ILB and much LB depth. I really dont want to go back to 3-4...we have a 4-3 line in place.

I'm very disappointed in you.

What exactly is the connection? I assume Horton had some type of coaching responsibilities in Pittsburgh, but what did he do there?

I think we're all going to end up happy with the coaching hire. Russ isn't going to make some BS hire because they worked together 20 years ago, he knew his father, owes him a favor, or won't threatening his GM duties. There's to be no kitty footing around with a "safe" hire. He's going to hire the best man for the job.

Edited by kas23

Well, if they get Horton assume we go back to 3-4. Mario goes to OLB which is what Houston was doing with him his last year. Dareus and Carrington at DE, Williams at NT I guess. Sheppard gets to stay as an ILB, Bradham becomes a rushbacker from hell (win). We need another ILB and much LB depth. I really dont want to go back to 3-4...we have a 4-3 line in place.

And he holds out til he gets a trade, because that was the exact reason why he left Houston and came to Buffalo. HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY IN A 3-4 Edited by apuszczalowski

Here is my prediction- this will happen fast!

I live in Arizona and this guy is a rising star. He is prepared and keeps detailed notes on every team and scheme. He will come prepared to the interview and blow everyone away.

There is some urgency because the Cardinals are also restructuring right now, and they like him. He will get hired somewhere this week imho.

The players love and respect him, he has a calm, but capable demeanor, and great coaching pedigree (he learned defense from Dick Lebeau who may be the best ever)

He would I think bring some immediate credibility and if I dare say some needed panache to Buffalo

You heard it here!!!

Edited by hmsmystic