Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

I know Cleveland is heading in a whole new direction with their Franchise, and I think it's a good direction...But so are the Bills (minus Nix who I hope is not a freaking Albatross)...And I can't help but think that Kelly is looking at both these opportunities VERY closely...Because, again, he knows no matter what that Contract says if he does not show promise and win quickly all the hype in the world is not going to save him from his critics who believe he can't do the job in the NFL...

So what I'm getting at is this...On paper, Roster-wise...The Bills hold up pretty well vs. The Browns...As bad as The Bills were at times last Season they went to Cleveland and thumped them pretty easily...Overall talent on Offense is heavily in The Bills favor IMHO...Especially if they get a decent QB...Cleveland's Defense was certainly better on the field than The Bills in 2012...But can anyone say they have definitively better talent on Defense? Cleveland Picks 6th, the Bills pick 8th...Cleveland has newer facilities...I'm certain the money is going to be about equal...etc, etc...

It all comes down to what Kelly sees as being his best opportunity to win, and win fast,,,And it could very well be Cleveland...But like I said before it's not exactly clear-cut...These two Franchises are in similar places...What if Kelly loves Spiller and Stevie? You never know... ;)

I think we all know how this ends.

He's not coming here. End of story.

The Bills are wasting there time here. They should be focusing on Jay Gruden, Marc Trestman, and Mike McCoy. At least McCoy is talking to them.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me, the "Spiller issue" is a non-issue; Spiller himself refuted any claims his conditioning is a problem. I still recall the Miami Thursday nighter when he was inexplicably off the field in the red zone, tried to get in the game, and was pulled back. Chan buried himself with the bizarre misuse of CJ -- the next coach won't make that mistake.

I attempted sarcasm...I'll be more obvious next time

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

New progressive ownership. Really it's that simple. Does anyone thing the professionals on NFL teams view Russ Brandon and his 72 year old GM as progressive? No matter what spin Brandon uses (he;s a master BTW) it is still the same old, tired Bills. A lot of people wish real change would take place. New Bills ownership and things do change since Litman, Brandon, Overdork are gone day one.

This contradicts some of the other reports from last night and this morning.

If true, it's a very significant development.

Stop encouraging...

You jerk... :P

just read that chip kelly will likely go to cleveland, also ray horton too. Why in the world does Cleveland land these guys and we cannot?? What do they offer that we dont have or cant have??

This for one...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Haslam

Posting something like that without a source is akin to pulling a Bud Dwyer around here; so at least the avi fits :D

If i've learned anything in this process it's that Buffalo keeps things COMPLETELY under wraps with Brandon. Out of nowhere, they interviewed three candidates without anyone being the wiser.

I've also learned that Cleveland's people, while progressive, have big fuggin' mouths. It seems like every three seconds, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer is releasing a new report telling everyone to pack it up. That Chip's going to the Browns. Yet, he continues to interview. I have to wonder if Chip appreciates it.

2 WORDS FOR YOU BRANDON: TORONTO SERIES!

Talk about tarnishing the brand you idiot this is exhibit A!!!

Did the Milwaukee Series tarning the Packers' brand?

Dont get me wrong, I hate the Toronto game....but if you think a coach is turning down a job becuase one game is in Toronto, youre nuts.

That's not necessarily true. They will get to work on drafting and developing a mobile QB for the future, but in the meantime, his offense would likely be modified for a stopgap like Alex Smith.

My hope's were on Tajh Boyd with Chip Kelly. But it looks like neither will happen. Tajh's dad says he was told by NFL people that his son would be a 3rd Rounder if he came out this year and is leaning towards staying. I think he'd be taken in the 2nd, at the latest, with how weak this QB class is.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

New progressive ownership. Really it's that simple. Does anyone thing the professionals on NFL teams view Russ Brandon and his 72 year old GM as progressive? No matter what spin Brandon uses (he;s a master BTW) it is still the same old, tired Bills. A lot of people wish real change would take place. New Bills ownership and things do change since Litman, Brandon, Overdork are gone day one.

I'll say this much, after the beginning of Brandon's Presser had he simply said Buddy will stay on through the 2013 Draft, then introduced David Caldwell as The Bills new GM, it would have gone a long, long way in proving The Bills were now a progressive, forward thinking Franchise...But Brandon said all those great things then backed his 72 year old GM big time...It sent a major mixed message...At least it did to me...Hopefully that's not the same message they are conveying to Kelly...We'll see... B-)