Chip Kelly HC! (possibly for the Browns)

13player

Please tell us how we should collect on your guaranty after he succeeds.

What exactly have you "cited"? Sounds like you are relying on some sort of objective evidence.

Prior to becoming a wildly successful college coach at Oregon, Kelly had never been a head coach at any level and had only been an Offensive coordinator for two years at the D-1 level. I would much rather take a chance on an innovative, aggressive young coach than a tired re-tread who has failed with other teams. Why is Kelly such a hot prospect given your assertion that there has never been a successful NFL coach without prior pro experience? Do you think NFL teams are unaware of this "fact"?

Kelly, is a very innovative guy. One of interesting things about him is using math/odds/stats to help make his decisions. There's a reason he's been known to go for 2 when he goes up 6-0 at the beginning of a game. He'll play the odds. Punt from the 34 I doubt it.

He might not make it. And way too progressive for the old school teams. If he makes it, it will take awhile. Buffalo would never interest him unless the financial offer was absurd. Chip Kelly will be good for the league someday.

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you name a single QB who Kelly has "molded" ever? How about one he got onto an NFL roster?

None. I don't follow college ball that closely. I probably chose the wrong words. I didn't really mean he would mold them personally. I guess I just meant that he would have a clean slate of a qb that could grow into his offense. BTW I'm not supporting him or anyone else. In fact I tend to agree with SJ. I was just making a reason why someone like that may want to come here. imho our biggest problem is our defense and the coordinator.

Edited by Dante

It's really simple, the guy is offensive minded, he is creative, he wins at high levels, his guys love him, NFL coaches ask him for advice. Look at what we have, a huge investment in our defensive front four which leads me to believe the coach has to stay with a 4/3, we have a running back everyone dreams of, a promising #1 receiver a good young o - line, a good TE. He gets to pick his QB, let him add a receiver through free agency and a bunch of Line backers and corners and safeties in the draft

We finally have all the components for a young qb to succeed a true receiver a good line and amazing RB. This is a spread offense minded coachs dream team.

This guy can put it together, he is the best coach without NFL experience available, dont harp on the experience thing because winners don't need it, they win and from all I read and seen and heard about him he is a winner.

It's really simple, the guy is offensive minded, he is creative, he wins at high levels, his guys love him, NFL coaches ask him for advice. Look at what we have, a huge investment in our defensive front four which leads me to believe the coach has to stay with a 4/3, we have a running back everyone dreams of, a promising #1 receiver a good young o - line, a good TE. He gets to pick his QB, let him add a receiver through free agency and a bunch of Line backers and corners and safeties in the draft

We finally have all the components for a young qb to succeed a true receiver a good line and amazing RB. This is a spread offense minded coachs dream team.

This guy can put it together, he is the best coach without NFL experience available, dont harp on the experience thing because winners don't need it, they win and from all I read and seen and heard about him he is a winner.

you described gailey... just saying

I would be very pleased if we got Chip Kelly. However, I think it is a real long shot. If I am not mistaken, him and Bellichek are friends who share coaching philosophy. Chip will have a number of opportunities and entering into a division with the Pats who have absolutely dominated the Bills and stunted their growth for more than a decade is highly unlikely.

He also said on WGR that Lovie Smith is confirmed to be interested in the position. Sounded like he was going to be interviewed.

THAT is the guy I want for HC. A guy that wants to be here. He's got proven credentials and paired with a good OC he could be fantastic. Actually, I'd be happy with a Lovie for HC and Chan for OC.

He also said on WGR that Lovie Smith is confirmed to be interested in the position. Sounded like he was going to be interviewed.

Lovie Smith sees the potenial of the Bills D-Line to be the second coming of the Tampa Bay line that wreaked havoc on teams for many years in the Tampa 2 scheme...

THAT is the guy I want for HC. A guy that wants to be here. He's got proven credentials and paired with a good OC he could be fantastic. Actually, I'd be happy with a Lovie for HC and Chan for OC.

no you wouldn't. you must have a very short memory. remember how Spiller was used this year? how pass happy they were at all the wrong times? that was Gailey as OC.

I'd be ok with Smith IF he can finally get his OC right, unlike his past many years in Chicago.

no you wouldn't. you must have a very short memory. remember how Spiller was used this year? how pass happy they were at all the wrong times? that was Gailey as OC.

I'd be ok with Smith IF he can finally get his OC right, unlike his past many years in Chicago.

Are you suggesting that Kelly is pass-happy? If so, you obviously don't know much about Chip Kelly's Oregon team. Oregon is a run first offense that has the ability to throw when the defense stacks the box. They happen to have a very talented passer this year, but they are still a run-oriented offense.

Edited by mannc

I'm not completely sold on a college coach having a lot of control with an NFL franchise, but Kelly intrigues me because he is very transparent, players coach who has elevated a decent football program into a powerhouse.

Also, he would have to draft players that fit his scheme, which might limit our options at who we select at #8.