Andy Reid next HC? (update: may go to Cardinals)

Andy Reid's name has already started being thrown around as a coach Bills fans want to be the next hc. Well, he has a bad track record with time management AND his love of the passing game (almost forgetting the running game). Seems we just got rid of a coach that does those, why would we want a coach who is the same in that respect. Bills fans would B word about his time management and forgoing the run, just as we bitched about Gailey's lack of time management and pass happy offense.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't know...

His track record from the early years is good and he's got a good offensive mind.The sign of a good coach, though, is to get his team to win despite injuries and/or playing with less talent than the opposition. He hasn't done that very well.

It took four years to get his elite team to the Superbowl, when they were in the NFC Championship game each of those years (three of which at home). His team underachieved since then, outside of 2008 when McNabb had his last hurrah and *almost* got them to the big game. During those elite years, the defense was run by Monte Kiffin, then the late Jim Johnson...both great defensive coaches.

With his family issues going on and how he (I believe) is also the GM or has plenty of power in the personnel area, his team significantly took a step back. If he wants to coach again now, I'd pass on him. For his sake, I hope he takes a year off and gets everything straightened out.

Edited by BuffaloWings

The key to Reid's success was hiring Jim Johnson to be his DC. It's not a coincidence eagles best years were when Johnson was there and team struggled after he was forced to retire

Reid is also more pass happy then Gailey and even worse at clock mgt

The key to Reid's success was hiring Jim Johnson to be his DC. It's not a coincidence eagles best years were when Johnson was there and team struggled after he was forced to retire

Reid is also more pass happy then Gailey and even worse at clock mgt

Agreed. NOOOOOOOOOOO to Reid. Great guy, but not a great coach unless surrounded by talented D coorindators. Need someone like Cowher (I know it won't be him, "like him") who can build the team around the running game while letting the rookie QB develop. If rookie QB turns out not to be good, trade a ton to get Johnny Football next year. Or go Redskins style and draft 2 rookies.

Andy Reid's name has already started being thrown around as a coach Bills fans want to be the next hc. Well, he has a bad track record with time management AND his love of the passing game (almost forgetting the running game). Seems we just got rid of a coach that does those, why would we want a coach who is the same in that respect. Bills fans would B word about his time management and forgoing the run, just as we bitched about Gailey's lack of time management and pass happy offense.

Ohh sure Lesean McCoy does not get the ball in Philly., this info you are posting is pure rubbish.

Ohh sure Lesean McCoy does not get the ball in Philly., this info you are posting is pure rubbish.

The only rubbish was you're post....he has a reputation of disregarding the run and becoming pass happy. I have watched the Eagles for years now (eldest son is a fan) and he DOES in fact do this. Just because you are ignorant of the facts proves you shouldn't have posted on this topic.

PLEASE NO ANDY REID!!! If you thought it was maddening to see Chan not use Spiller...go watch Eagles games and how much Reid ignores McCoy. Even when he had Westbrook he didnt run it enough. Westbrook was so dangerous because he was a passing weapon as much as a running weapon. This would probably be one of the worst choices the Bills could make. Luckily, its all but certain he will be headed to SD or maybe Dallas if Garret is fired.

I wouldn't mind but he's afraid to run the ball so too ,so not my first choice.

i think he would be an upgrade over williams, mularkey, jauron and gailey. however, he is not much better in game mgmt than gailey, that being said, he would attract the cream of the crop in assistants.. living here for a few years, i have seen him take lots of unfair shots by the most fair-weather of all fans..