Andy Reid next HC? (update: may go to Cardinals)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hearing the

@nfl

Reid to cancel talks with Cards, Chargers, nearing deal with Chiefs (per @RapSheet) --> http://on.nfl.com/ReidChiefs

1st vacancy to be filled looks like the Chiefs. With Reid on board 1st pick in the draft has to be a QB.

hearing the exact same thing. my AP colleague in KC, Dave Skretta, will have a report on that shortly.

jw

If true and Reid goes to the Chiefs that would be a bit surprising. Alex Smith to the Bills would be less likely as the theory was Reid would have been fine with Kolb. Next HC for the Cards may not have the same feeling.

Edited by agardin

@ProFootballTalk

Starting to get indications that the Andy Reid situation is very, very close to being done in Kansas City, with Reid in and Scott Pioli out.

Sounds right to me. Reid will try to get his guy Heckert as the Chief GM.

Update:

@AlbertBreer

It's official -- Chiefs announce that they've agreed to "part ways" with general manager Scott Pioli. So Andy Reid will get his man.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

@nfl

Reid to cancel talks with Cards, Chargers, nearing deal with Chiefs (per @RapSheet) --> http://on.nfl.com/ReidChiefs

1st vacancy to be filled looks like the Chiefs. With Reid on board 1st pick in the draft has to be a QB.

i imagine geno could be an absolute star in his system.

unless he thinks he can do with cassell what the pats did, and he decides to stock pile talent elsewhere (trade down and add some WRs for instance)

Edited by NoSaint

i imagine geno could be an absolute star in his system.

unless he thinks he can do with cassell what the pats did, and he decides to stock pile talent elsewhere (trade down and add some WRs for instance)

KC has a nice base of young talent and they could get good in a hurry with presumed better coaching from Reid and his staff, better QB play, and a strong 2013 draft.