Potential Update on Coaching?

TheZone78

I read a couple boards and they do have a poster who claims to be an "insider"...after rolling my eyes, I looked into his poster history and he said the Bills back in early January of 2012 would make a run at Mario Williams...so I felt safe enough to share the post. Again, don't shoot the messenger! :rolleyes:

"It's a near certainty that Gailey is gone as soon as Monday, however from what I just heard it sounds like the Bills are open to keeping him another season. After the Rams game there was some talk in the FO that Gailey was going to be fired and those talks began to boil after the Seahawks game, in fact the Bills were calling around to possible head coachs to see if there would be an interest in coaching the Bills. Now the Bills cannot and would not call a coach directly with Gailey still coaching, but they have reached out to representatives and people close to those coachs.

What they have heard so far from those coaches has been positive, however the Bills have to wonder if these reps are telling the Bills this and are just using the Bills. If the Bills feel like there is genuine interest in a big name coach or a coach they really like coaching the Bills then Gailey is gone, but if they feel like they are being used and will come up empty handed again they wouldn't want to end up making the same kind of coaching hire just because they have to fill it. They would feel better about Gailey coaching the team for one more season then they would say Todd Haley for the next three.

All that said it does seem as though Russ believes they can get the coach they want and he wants Nix gone as well, although that will take some convincing on his part as Ralph likes Nix.

They have reached out to Gruden by the way, I did not hear that they meant with one another but they did reach out to him to see if he'd have interest."

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that said it does seem as though Russ believes they can get the coach they want and he wants Nix gone as well, although that will take some convincing on his part as Ralph likes Nix.

This explains a lot.

Please, please, please sell the team already and put everyone out of their misery one way or another

The more and more I read it becomes apparent that Brandon has more power than Nix. It seems like Brandon wants Nix gone, but Ralf likes Nix. It should be interesting.

Now what are the sources of what your reading, that's the real question. A copy/paste from another message board, of a guy saying he knows a guy.... Well...

This board is reminding me of what a women's sewing club social hour must be like.

BTW, for rumor lovers. Stating the obvious always has good odds at coming true. Like Mario be pursued last January krap.

Not quite obvious, because there was a higher probability to the outsiders in January that Houston was not going to let Mario walk in free agency.

Not quite obvious, because there was a higher probability to the outsiders in January that Houston was not going to let Mario walk in free agency.

Mario was long gone in January. There were only so many 43 teams, even fewer with cap space for a guy like him. We were a pretty safe bet to atleast take a shot. This board was stuck on Ralph is cheap but it was pretty strongly possible, even prior to January.

Mario was long gone in January. There were only so many 43 teams, even fewer with cap space for a guy like him. We were a pretty safe bet to atleast take a shot. This board was stuck on Ralph is cheap but it was pretty strongly possible, even prior to January.

Not quite. Last January, the odds were for Mario to stay with Texans You're looking at things from a hindsight pov.

Not quite. Last January, the odds were for Mario to stay with Texans You're looking at things from a hindsight pov.

They were a team with cap issues, replacements, swapped schemes and hadn't negotiated with him - it was a widely held opinion that although "you can't let him go" that it's exactly how the situation would play out. It was a regular season point of discussion a year ago.

They were a team with cap issues, replacements, swapped schemes and hadn't negotiated with him - it was a widely held opinion that although "you can't let him go" that it's exactly how the situation would play out. It was a regular season point of discussion a year ago.

If you look at the January posts in this thread, there's only one poster that thought that Houston might let Mario walk. Everyone else was salivating, but no one thought it was a given that Houston would let him walk. Even the discussions in February were not certain.

Walk down memory lane.

If you look at the January posts in this thread, there's only one poster that thought that Houston might let Mario walk. Everyone else was salivating, but no one thought it was a given that Houston would let him walk. Even the discussions in February were not certain.

Walk down memory lane.

He was a 23m tag to keep. Foster was also a free agent. Realistically it would be a huge struggle at best to keep him.

This was known last year. Guessing we'd make a run doesn't mean someone's reliable, just that they can make logical guesses. Long gone in January might've been exaggerated - but long shot to stay would still be accurate.

Edited by NoSaint

That's completely false. It was almost a 100% lock that Mario was going to walk and everybody knew it.