Cam Newton, he's good

When Rexy's D gives puts us in a hole every game, he'd probably look like a completely different QB here. I really think he's in the perfect situation right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up like Kaepernick in a few years. When the option run game isn't rolling and he's forced to stand in the pocket like the Super Bowl game he looks completely different. He throws a great deep ball, but the intermediate passes are very ugly at times. He won the MVP because he's a great athlete, and that opened up the passing game. I really believe in a few years will all be talking about Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, not Newton.

Lucky for him that he ended up in a perfect situation.

He's a damn good QB.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Rexy's D gives puts us in a hole every game, he'd probably look like a completely different QB here. I really think he's in the perfect situation right now. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up like Kaepernick in a few years. When the option run game isn't rolling and he's forced to stand in the pocket like the Super Bowl game he looks completely different. He throws a great deep ball, but the intermediate passes are very ugly at times. He won the MVP because he's a great athlete, and that opened up the passing game. I really believe in a few years will all be talking about Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson, not Newton.

Wow, speechless.

Wow, speechless.

I see that my point has been misconstrued by several here. I'm not saying that Newton is awful, although it sounded way. I just believe he is overrated and might not be able to maintain his success. I won't take that back. I'm not saying I'll be right. I'm just not a fan, especially considering all his ridiculous antics. I don't see blatant on the field immaturity as a recipe for success. I also don't take back the fact that I don't believe he'd succeed as our QB. I don't think any QB could turn us into winners with the way Rex has turned this team into a joke. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Wow, speechless.

I know you will not take this personal and we must address each other civily. So...

Sir, may I kindnessly point out that these types of quips are shirley par for the course that Mr Roberts Domicile was mentioning. Would you please, take thee understanding that such arguments supporting the gentleman named Cameron Newton Wianscottiingchersterhamfordsmith, IV are often short sighted and speak of such so mple replies. Words with doth protest with stating "wow, speechless," "raysis" or other such replies talking in support of thy athlete displease many by not creating an argument.

This look at me atomosphere has had already wrecked the NBA. It does not need to bring down the NFL. If you make a nice dunk, knock someone over and show them up you make a highlight reel. Everyone oohs and ahhs. But the score says you're down byn30. Oh well. All that matters anymore is if you can make ESPN top 25.

That's Cam's MO. He wants to be seen all the time. He forgets such attention also captures his bad sides, flaws and shortcomings. As an elite athlete he doesnt often have a moment to show weakness. He is almost always the best athlete on the field. When he doesn't win, he pouts. When he doesn't get what he has had all of his life he is disappointed. Can you blame him? We as a society created him, the diva he is.

We need to blame him. I spoke to 4 women in the office today at work. Newton came up. Their grandchildren and children were mentioning how they were disappointed in Cam. How they know you are supposed to be a good sport. It's amazing. The children see it. We don't...not all o us at least

this is why sommany throw our hands up in frustration. Everyone spinning it off as justified.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Wow speechless is appropriate in this instance.

Cam would struggle as the bills qb ? No. Cam will fall off the earth like Kaepernick? No

I calls em like I sees em. Sorry anything Cam related fires you and your pal up.

he's not my pal, buddy.

Wow speechless isn't a reply. Your other reply in the McCoy thread talks about the TMZ society of headlines. Your simple headline without refuting his statements is TMZ, brah.

that anyone is saying manning did not hand shake, or talib is a poor sport, or that xyz has nothing to do with cam. cam's actions are cams actions. is someone going to excuse mccoys behavior by saying ray lewis did worse?

...probably...

he's not my pal, buddy.

Wow speechless isn't a reply. Your other reply in the McCoy thread talks about the TMZ society of headlines. Your simple

headline without refuting his statements is TMZ, brah.

that anyone is saying manning did not hand shake, or talib is a poor sport, or that xyz has nothing to do with cam. cam's actions are cams actions. is someone going to excuse mccoys behavior by saying ray lewis did worse?

...probably...

I don't get paid to refute statements. Your takes on Cam and The guy who is calling him the next Kaepernick are almost jtsp level.

You can do the refuting, I'll just say 3 letters. MVP My case is closed.

Whatever he did is justified. Read his quotes today. He's not here to impress you. He is who he is.

Not everyone is mother theresa. Cold world.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I don't get paid to refute statements. Your takes on Cam and The guy who is calling him the next Kaepernick are almost jtsp level.

You can do the refuting, I'll just say 3 letters. MVP My case is closed.

you hurt my feelings. got a bandaid? :D

Cam says it's ok to be a cry-baby because he is a sore loser.

"The 26-year-old National Football League Most Valuable Player gave a series of one-word answers before abruptly leaving after three minutes.

Newton unapologetically explained away his conduct as he cleared out his locker at the Panthers training facility in Charlotte on Tuesday.

"I've been on record to say I'm a sore loser. Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser," he said. "It's not a popularity contest. I'm here to win football games."

Asked if it bothered him that people had taken offence, he replied: "That's cool."

"But I know who I am and I'm not about to conform nor bend for anybody's expectations because [i'm selfish and immature] your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine," Newton said."

http://news.yahoo.com/sore-loser-newton-defends-super-bowl-sulk-231119269--nfl.html

I know you will not take this personal and we must address each other civily. So...

Sir, may I kindnessly point out that these types of quips are shirley par for the course that Mr Roberts Domicile was mentioning. Would you please, take thee understanding that such arguments supporting the gentleman named Cameron Newton Wianscottiingchersterhamfordsmith, IV are often short sighted and speak of such so mple replies. Words with doth protest with stating "wow, speechless," "raysis" or other such replies talking in support of thy athlete displease many by not creating an argument.

This look at me atomosphere has had already wrecked the NBA. It does not need to bring down the NFL. If you make a nice dunk, knock someone over and show them up you make a highlight reel. Everyone oohs and ahhs. But the score says you're down byn30. Oh well. All that matters anymore is if you can make ESPN top 25.

That's Cam's MO. He wants to be seen all the time. He forgets such attention also captures his bad sides, flaws and shortcomings. As an elite athlete he doesnt often have a moment to show weakness. He is almost always the best athlete on the field. When he doesn't win, he pouts. When he doesn't get what he has had all of his life he is disappointed. Can you blame him? We as a society created him, the diva he is.

We need to blame him. I spoke to 4 women in the office today at work. Newton came up. Their grandchildren and children were mentioning how they were disappointed in Cam. How they know you are supposed to be a good sport. It's amazing. The children see it. We don't...not all o us at least

this is why sommany throw our hands up in frustration. Everyone spinning it off as justified.

Two wrongs don't make a right.

we as a society affect everyone to some degree, do we not.

Those who moth to the light more so

Cam says it's ok to be a cry-baby because he is a sore loser.

"The 26-year-old National Football League Most Valuable Player gave a series of one-word answers before abruptly leaving after three minutes.

Newton unapologetically explained away his conduct as he cleared out his locker at the Panthers training facility in Charlotte on Tuesday.

"I've been on record to say I'm a sore loser. Who likes to lose? You show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser," he said. "It's not a popularity contest. I'm here to win football games."

Asked if it bothered him that people had taken offence, he replied: "That's cool."

"But I know who I am and I'm not about to conform nor bend for anybody's expectations because [i'm selfish and immature] your or anybody else's expectations will never exceed mine," Newton said."

http://news.yahoo.com/sore-loser-newton-defends-super-bowl-sulk-231119269--nfl.html

thats a bit high and mighty. I would hope it's true. But when one announces his superiority over the "rest" of us. well

maybe he needs the ice bath and cool off

Edited by 3rdand12

he's not my pal, buddy.

Wow speechless isn't a reply. Your other reply in the McCoy thread talks about the TMZ society of headlines. Your simple headline without refuting his statements is TMZ, brah.

...probably...

He's not my buddy, chum.

Cam cannot get out of his own way. Did you guys see the interview yesterday at his locker? If you are going to celebrate, fine, but don't pout when you lose. He acted like a middle schooler. I would crucify my sons for acting this way after a loss.

You suck it up, and acknowledge the other team played better and they made mistakes. As far as his talent, it's a silly argument. The guy was the MVP of the league. He's a top QB in the league, and will be for years. He just needs an attitude adjustment.