Cam Newton, he's good

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those who were here in 10-11, the volume of posts in the 2011 draft thread imploring the panthers to take Newton, so the Bills wouldn't be tempted to make that "mistake," was stunning. One of the few times that it seemed as if people had something against Newton personally that then implicated their football appraisal of him.

And for an entertaining read, check out the "all Newton all the time" thread from 2011:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/129481-all-newton-all-the-time/

Despite the fact that many realized Newton's generational talent, I'll sum up the sentiments of many of the board's other members here:

1. Newton sucks

2. He will be out of the nfl in 2 years

3. He is the next Jamarcus Russell

4. He is immature and will be a rapist

5. He is not good at football and will be a career backup.

Oh yea, and someone said that he would eat his shoe, or something like that, if Newton had a better career than Tim Tebow.

Hopefully threads like this will be instructive and enlightening come draft time 2016.

I feel somewhat vindicated. Cam's freakish athletic talent enabled him to lead a very good team to the SB, but he melted under pressure. No !@#$ing way the Bronco's play prevent offense for the last 9 minutes of the 4th if Brady's under center. They knew Cam would fold under pressure and he did.

I feel somewhat vindicated. Cam's freakish athletic talent enabled him to lead a very good team to the SB, but he melted under pressure. No !@#$ing way the Bronco's play prevent offense for the last 9 minutes of the 4th if Brady's under center. They knew Cam would fold under pressure and he did.

Vindicated ? 17-2 MVP is a bum now ? Alrighty

i feel like we should high 5.

I'm not saying he's a him, but my knock on him was always his inability to handle pressure. This Panther team put up a lot of points early and played great D. There weren't a lot of last minute victories. When the pressure was on Cam crumbled. Way it is.

I mean, they did in the AFCCG but I know what you're saying.

So, would you take Cam Newton on your team if he never wins you the Super Bowl?

In some sort of vacuum, how happy can you be having Dan Marino, Jim Kelly, and other non-Super Bowl winning QB's? Especially, when some of their shortcomings were the direct cause of a Super Bowl loss?

I mean, they did in the AFCCG but I know what you're saying.

The Broncos...Manning probably would not have had a run up the middle on a 3rd and 8+ with about 4 minutes left if they were facing Rodgers or Brady. Maybe Wilson...maybe.

He might be a talented athlete but totally different attitude when he loses ! When he wins he's all about bringing out his trademark Supermen move .

But when he loses like in the SB when he got hit in the end zone toward the end of the game and came up like he was going to throw a temper tantrum OH or when he threw him self on the ground on the side line because somebody on his team goofed .

He's all about the good times pointing up in the crowd & his super duper move I just wish he could be the humble guy win or lose like Peyton has been his entire career - Class Act !!

That's why Cam although he is good will never have the IT thing like Peyton, Mcnair, Joe or Moon & others because he's not humble when he wins & he's a pouter when he loses ...

I am so glad Peyton goes out on top - maybe not in playing great but being great !! :worthy::thumbsup:

I'm not saying he's a him, but my knock on him was always his inability to handle pressure. This Panther team put up a lot of points early and played great D. There weren't a lot of last minute victories. When the pressure was on Cam crumbled. Way it is.

Absolutely.....this guy is a front runner...its easy to be a "good leader" when you are winning. How you act when you lose reveals your true character, and Cam showed himself to be exactly what I always thought he was....an immature, selfish clown who has a lot of growing up to do.

I hope he will take this experience, and learn from it, because he is a game-changing talent.

Guys like him need to be knocked down a peg, so they have the opportunity to learn from it, grow from it, and be better for it in the long run.

I hope he will take this experience, and learn from it, because he is a game-changing talent.

Guys like him need to be knocked down a peg, so they have the opportunity to learn from it, grow from it, and be better for it in the long run.

No reason he won't, add in his top wideout Kelvin Benjamin and the Panthers will be in the Super Bowl picture for a while.

No reason he won't, add in his top wideout Kelvin Benjamin and the Panthers will be in the Super Bowl picture for a while.

but they won't easily win it. As mentioned in PM. They have the offense down

But they are overrated on D. They need better at S. At DL. And depth

Jumping OUT OF THE WAY of a fumble at his feet with the game on the line and trailing by 6 with 6 minutes to play? Going all 'Hoodie' in the Post-game Presser, 24 hrs after being named Face of the League?

Contrast this with the grace & class exhibited by Manning as he winds down an illustrious career?

I weep for the future of my favorite past time.

Jumping OUT OF THE WAY of a fumble at his feet with the game on the line and trailing by 6 with 6 minutes to play? Going all 'Hoodie' in the Post-game Presser, 24 hrs after being named Face of the League?Contrast this with the grace & class exhibited by Manning as he winds down an illustrious career?I weep for the future of my favorite past time.

but all those highlights. An that DAB!!!!!

Would I take him over 28-30 current QBs? I sure would, but that was a poor performance by him last night. He wasn't helped by the o-line or receivers either.

In the postgame he came across as petulant & immature. That's not how you want your leader to represent your organization.

Would I take him over 28-30 current QBs? I sure would, but that was a poor performance by him last night. He wasn't helped by the o-line or receivers either.

In the postgame he came across as petulant & immature. That's not how you want your leader to represent your organization.

Dead on!

Jumping OUT OF THE WAY of a fumble at his feet with the game on the line and trailing by 6 with 6 minutes to play? Going all 'Hoodie' in the Post-game Presser, 24 hrs after being named Face of the League?

Contrast this with the grace & class exhibited by Manning as he winds down an illustrious career?

I weep for the future of my favorite past time.

newtoncartoon.jpg