Gailey staying?

thewildrabbit

According to John Clayton of ESPN, he thinks its a better then 50% chance the Bills keep Gailey as HC.

"In the AFC East, disappointing seasons by Rex Ryan with the New York Jets and Chan Gailey of the Buffalo Bills could cost them their jobs, but there is better than 50 percent chance they will stay."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8777409/nfl-tis-season-coaching-changes

Lets not forget that Buddy Nix stated Chan is his HC for 2013 and perhaps longer, so if Nix stays, then so does Chan.

All these posts speculating who the new HC or GM might be could be moot unless Ralph Wilson makes a decision after the NY Jets game. The fans that want change need to make a statement and stay away from this game or wear paper bags :bag: Let Ralph Wilson know you are NOT happy and will not be buying season tickets unless changes are made.

If Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix signed 5 year contracts it could be difficult for this owner to make a change after this season! 2 more years of this .... :doh:

PS TT tweet about "its on like a mofo" might be about something other then a HC / GM change.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ever have the opportunity to listen to John Clayton on WGR each week, you will realize he does not have the slightest idea about what is happening with the Bills. He offers no more insight than someone reading a message board.

Well then I'm gonna say it's 60/40 he stays. No scientific data to back up my claim, or secret insider knowledge, just a wild ass guess.

If you ever have the opportunity to listen to John Clayton on WGR each week, you will realize he does not have the slightest idea about what is happening with the Bills. He offers no more insight than someone reading a message board.

As much as someone that lives in his parents basement?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USHZZ5bwASU

According to John Clayton of ESPN, he thinks its a better then 50% chance the Bills keep Gailey as HC.

"In the AFC East, disappointing seasons by Rex Ryan with the New York Jets and Chan Gailey of the Buffalo Bills could cost them their jobs, but there is better than 50 percent chance they will stay."

http://espn.go.com/n...oaching-changes

Lets not forget that Buddy Nix stated Chan is his HC for 2013 and perhaps longer, so if Nix stays, then so does Chan.

All these posts speculating who the new HC or GM might be could be moot unless Ralph Wilson makes a decision after the NY Jets game. The fans that want change need to make a statement and stay away from this game or wear paper bags :bag: Let Ralph Wilson know you are NOT happy and will not be buying season tickets unless changes are made.

If Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix signed 5 year contracts it could be difficult for this owner to make a change after this season! 2 more years of this .... :doh:

PS TT tweet about "its on like a mofo" might be about something other then a HC / GM change.

Agreed. Ralph Makes the final call on this. Let Ralphie know you're mad as hell and not gonna take it anymore!!!

This team has enough talent for a good coach to win. Gailey, who sports a worse w/l record than Jauron, is clueless. All this talk about continuity is noise. Three years should be enough for any coach to get things turned around if they know what they are doing. Gailey doesn't.

I am renewing season tickets either way -- the lease renewal won my loyality. However, it would be very curious to renew a coaching staff that:

1) Consistently cannot get players to execute on assisgnments during the game

2) Runs systems on Offense that are so complex that a QB that has played mulitple seasons in the NFL with some success -- at least success equal to our current starter--is deemed not prepared to operate the system

3) Run systems of defense that with no variety that are easy to game plan against. Seattle had so much success with the read option because it appeared as if we tried to defend it with our base D......not accounting for the talent Seattle had but being arrogant enough to think our guys could overpower them. How'd that work out for you Wanny?

4) Claims to know players physical limitations -- like Fitz throwing the deep out--and consistently puts them in positions to display those weaknesses

5) Starts making just mind numbing comments to the fan base -- like CJ is winded--

Coaching is supposed to make up for weaknesses not accentuate them. I am loyal but not blindly loyal. This team is overburdened by complexity on offense and an simplicity on defense and these are both coaching.

Edited by JoeF

Chan is done. Stick a fork in him. The remaining question is whether Buddy goes with him.

I totally agree. Chan has lost the team..The last two weeks have been horrendous. In fact the past 3 years have been horrendous. 15-32 and rarely being competitive in most of the losses will get Chan fired. And Buddy should be shown the door as well. Putting a team on the field with nothing at QB or LB, and almost nothing in the secondary and at WR in the third year of his "Plan" is completely unacceptable. Combine that with picking Chan Gailey as our head coach and it should be over for Buddy as well. I think Brandon and his cronies will strongly recommend to Ralph that Buddy, Chan and all of Chan coaches need to replaced.

As much as someone that lives in his parents basement?

lol thats awesome. i dont watch espn much so maybe it played a lot but ive never seen that before

chan did have a lot of positive impact early on but hasnt been able to take it to the next level. unless they can lure a huge name here for either the gm and/or coaching job, im generally ok with giving this regime one more chance to see if they can find that baby

lol thats awesome. i dont watch espn much so maybe it played a lot but ive never seen that before

chan did have a lot of positive impact early on but hasnt been able to take it to the next level. unless they can lure a huge name here for either the gm and/or coaching job, im generally ok with giving this regime one more chance to see if they can find that baby

What are you talking about? When he started his Bills tenure by going 0-8? By finishing his first year at 4-12? By trading away first round picks for 4th rounders? You are as delusional as Chan Gailey. If Gailey returns I'll find another team to watch next year. I've had enough of these idiots.

Edited by cantankerous

This is the Ralph Wilson way:

1. Ralph, worried about ticket sales, will listen to the fans and call for Gailey to be fired.

2. Nix will refuse because he already said Chan stays. Nix does not want this job anyway, it is getting too hard.

3. Ralph will get pissed at the lack of loyalty and will fire Nix for not carrying out the order.

4. Ralph will consult with Brandon and Littman. Brandon will save his ass in a stroke of genious by recommending the promotion of Whaley to "keep continutiy". Wilson will be relieved because "at least he knows who Whaley is".

5. Littman will be happy because Whaley will not cost a lot. Ralph and Littman will further be happy as they will not replace the Assistant GM role, saving even more money. Ralph will be thankful to have a smart guys like Brandon and Wittman on the staff and give them each a raise.

6. Whaley will do what Wilson wanted and fire Gailey.

7. Whaley will not get full say on hiring the next coach or on the draft. By June he will be wondering how long he can this job.

8. Wash, rinse, repeat ...

Edited by Bob in STL

What are you talking about? When he started his Bills tenure by going 0-8? By finishing his first year at 4-12? By trading away first round picks for 4th rounders? You are as delusional as Chan Gailey. If Gailey returns I'll find another team to watch next year. I've had enough of these idiots.

I think he was talking about Trent Edwards. B-)

the talent on the team he took over was on par with the worst weve ever had here. you could have had vince lombardi coaching and it would have been surprising at all they started 0-8. and yet chan had them go 4-4 the second half, which was a pretty remarkable turnaround

the next season they started very strong and were playing good ball for half the season. granted they tanked badly the rest of the way, but they also had one of the worst injury streaks weve ever seen and had very little depth

this past season was about as disappointing as it gets. no way i thought they have a chance to finish with only five wins but here we are. you can make a good case that a coach should be fired for this kind of season alone, and if that happens im fine with it. but it is indeed a fact that chan (and buddy) took a horrible situation and made it a lot better fast. that doesnt mean they have what it takes to make this an actually good team, but you cant take their early gains in performance away from them

so despite that most fans are screaming for another restart, its not the worst thing to give them one more cycle to try to pull it together. if ralph can finagle something better thats fine, but one more season with these guys seems a lot better than taking a flyer on another mularky or moobs

this past season was about as disappointing as it gets. no way i thought they have a chance to finish with only five wins but here we are. you can make a good case that a coach should be fired for this kind of season alone, and if that happens im fine with it. but it is indeed a fact that chan (and buddy) took a horrible situation and made it a lot better fast. that doesnt mean they have what it takes to make this an actually good team, but you cant take their early gains in performance away from them

so despite that most fans are screaming for another restart, its not the worst thing to give them one more cycle to try to pull it together. if ralph can finagle something better thats fine, but one more season with these guys seems a lot better than taking a flyer on another mularky or moobs

But it then turned back to a horrible situation. All you needed to see was Stevie Johnson's spike after his TD catch in Toronto. The frustration he showed tells me that the players are not in tune with what the coaching staff is doing - on either side of the ball.

It's time to make a change. I hate doing this every three years, too, but continuity doesn't make sense when the status quo isn't working - or even showing signs of improvement.