New title: The Crusaders

Fezmid

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it,  if you do not like a topic or post,  why respond?  Also,  why start a topic bitching about a crusade,  that one way or another,  you keep alive by replying or starting topics like these.  Get a life...

193930[/snapback]

Why respond? Because every topic today has turned into a Drew-bash topic and it sucks! I started a thread about our defensive ranking (2nd in the league), and the next two replies were "Drew sucks." So even when posters are TRYING to post different topics, the Crusaders HIJACK the thread. It's getting ridiculous.

CW

Why respond?  Because every topic today has turned into a Drew-bash topic and it sucks!  I started a thread about our defensive ranking (2nd in the league), and the next two replies were "Drew sucks."  So even when posters are TRYING to post different topics, the Crusaders HIJACK the thread.  It's getting ridiculous.

CW

193947[/snapback]

People are passionate about the QB, especially when he's a choke in every MAJOR game we play. I don't blame those that are tired of it, but he's here to stay and there's nothing any of us can do about it. Except, debate it, and hijack threads on a killer bills message board. :D

Yes, there will certainly be an endless qb debate similar to RJ/Flutie.

Imo, the striking difference is that the Drew haters want to place a talented football team into the hands of a slight, possibly frail rookie qb with zero experience. Now THAT is what I call hate.

If this team is healthy in 05, it will be better than the 04 Bills. The OL has a coach finally, MM will have a year under his belt, Gray will be more prepared, the STs are great, and Travis Henry will be gone.

The fact that you haters want to put all of this into the hands of an untested kid or a known loser (Maddox) is astounding. I truly believe that much of this hate is because he is an ex-Patriot

The debate is fine, but can we at least see if Losman can play, or stay in one piece for that matter before we hand him the keys to the family sedan?

Many of you haters think that Losman being great is a given. Well, it is far from it, but whatever.

Why respond?  Because every topic today has turned into a Drew-bash topic and it sucks!  I started a thread about our defensive ranking (2nd in the league), and the next two replies were "Drew sucks."  So even when posters are TRYING to post different topics, the Crusaders HIJACK the thread.  It's getting ridiculous.

CW

193947[/snapback]

do you think the fans lost the game or do you think the cow bells did ? fezmid ,love you , but you need to chill and stop talking about the crusade . :D;):w00t:

People are passionate about the QB,  especially when he's a choke in every MAJOR game we play.  I don't blame those that are tired of it,  but he's here to stay and there's nothing any of us can do about it.  Except,  debate it,  and hijack threads on a killer bills message board.  :D

193956[/snapback]

Well when you define a "major" game so narrowly, then MOST QBs choke in every major game they play. I was under the impression that every game of the 6 game winning streak was a "major" game, but because they were wins they don't "count" since every game after the previous was more and more important.

Let's say that we beat the Steelers and make hte playoffs, but lose in the first round. I can guarantee that nobody would say the Pittsburgh game was a "major" game anymore, and everyone would complain (and thread-hijack) about DB losing the "most important game of the season."

Setting the goal to a Superbowl victory is fine. Saying that anything less than the win is a crappy season is not.

CW

I can guarantee that nobody would say the Pittsburgh game was a "major" game anymore, and everyone would complain (and thread-hijack) about DB losing the "most important game of the season."

193961[/snapback]

I would only do that if in that playoff game Drew, from his front side (not his blind side) had a blitzer coming, full boar, and couldnt take the sack or get rid of the ball and instead literally gives the ball to the defender for a TD. Only if he were to do something as mind-numbing as that would I say he lose the important game.

Come on Fez - a really quality QB has to have SOME pocket pressence. There was NONE on that play - NONE.

I would only do that if in that playoff game Drew, from his front side (not his blind side) had a blitzer coming, full boar, and couldnt take the sack or get rid of the ball and instead literally gives the ball to the defender for a TD. Only if he were to do something as mind-numbing as that would I say he lose the important game.

Come on Fez - a really quality QB has to have SOME pocket pressence. There was NONE on that play - NONE.

193966[/snapback]

So we're basing everything on one play by one player? I'll admit it was a terrible play, but I can point to half a dozen other plays that were missed that would've (in my opinion) given us the game.

We had a winning record this year; based on the posts around here, I'd think we were 3-13.

Again, not saying DB is perfect, but he's not as bad as everyone's making him out to be and not the sole cause of our woes. And he shouldn't be consuming every single thread on the board.

CW

Well when you define a "major" game so narrowly, then MOST QBs choke in every major game they play.  I was under the impression that every game of the 6 game winning streak was a "major" game, but because they were wins they don't "count" since every game after the previous was more and more important.

Let's say that we beat the Steelers and make hte playoffs, but lose in the first round.  I can guarantee that nobody would say the Pittsburgh game was a "major" game anymore, and everyone would complain (and thread-hijack) about DB losing the "most important game of the season."

Setting the goal to a Superbowl victory is fine.  Saying that anything less than the win is a crappy season is not.

CW

193961[/snapback]

The last paragraph of your post is interesting. ICE was the one who imo started the mindset that anything less than a SB win constitutes a failure. He did this to be "right" of course, but a surprising number of posters seem to have bought into this nonsense.

As for winning "big game'" this, imo, is just utter nonsense.

NEWS FLASH: All of our 6 straight wins were "big games!" Hello?

It used to be we couldn't win on the road. Remember? We had what, 4 road wins this year?

Like I said, it will not go away so we may as well just get used to the hate.

So we're basing everything on one play by one player?  I'll admit it was a terrible play, but I can point to half a dozen other plays that were missed that would've (in my opinion) given us the game.

We had a winning record this year; based on the posts around here, I'd think we were 3-13.

Again, not saying DB is perfect, but he's not as bad as everyone's making him out to be and not the sole cause of our woes.  And he shouldn't be consuming every single thread on the board.

CW

193979[/snapback]

He's the QB. Get used to it Chris. The QB gets the praise when things go good, and the sh-- when things go bad - especially when he plays a major part in that.

Come on - tell me that a guy like Farve (hell, Roethlisberger) would have not seen that guy (or even FELT) him coming. That's pocket pressence. Drew has NONE and it is his biggest problem.

Also, he probably gets alot of sh-- because he makes $6Million a year (after a paycut) and hasn't put up a QB rating of over 100 since I can remember.

He's the QB. Get used to it Chris. The QB gets the praise when things go good, and the sh-- when things go bad - especially when he plays a major part in that.

Come on - tell me that a guy like Farve (hell, Roethlisberger) would have not seen that guy (or even FELT) him coming. That's pocket pressence. Drew has NONE and it is his biggest problem.

Also, he probably gets alot of sh-- because he makes $6Million a year (after a paycut) and hasn't put up a QB rating of over 100 since I can remember.

193989[/snapback]

Steve, you're getting old if you can't remember... The last time he had a QB rating over 100 was December 5th, 2004. Before that it was November 21st, 2004. Before that it was October 31st, 2004.

And since you bring up Favre as your example of a QB who wouldn't make a bad play... Did you watch the Jags/Packers game? The one where Favre threw the ball right to the defnder who was standing still the entire play? This was in a "MAJOR" game for the Packers to try and win the division. All players make boneheaded plays.

CW

I started a thread about our defensive ranking (2nd in the league), and the next two replies were "Drew sucks."  So even when posters are TRYING to post different topics, the Crusaders HIJACK the thread.

193947[/snapback]

They call it "Threadcrapping" on another board, and I agree, it's not too cool at all.

I can't say I've never done it, but I generally try to refrain from doing this,

as it is pretty rude to the person who started the thread. :D

It's obvious that The Crusaders are taking over TSW.  EVERY post must be about Drew because everything is his fault.

Give it a rest Crusaders.  It's getting old.

CW

193800[/snapback]

The criticism of every fan on every team that hasn't made the playoffs for any substantial period of time is "dump the QB" and when that doesn't work they move on to "dump the coach". That is the nature of the beast. Football is a complicated game, too complicated for most people to have the time to come up with anything more than "dump the QB".

Lets take a hypothetical sack of Drew Bledsoe and how the coaches look at it compared to what the crusaders conclude:

Coaches: The weakside backer was blitzing so the slot reciever was supposed to break off his route to the inside into the space being vacated by the blitzer. Instead, he ran a deep curl while Drew watched his back waiting and waiting for him to break off the route. The blocking scheme called for the RB and the LT to double team the backer with the rest of the line sidling to that side so that the LG was on the DE, the C on the DT and the RG on the NG/MLB. Instead, the LT stayed on the DE who was now blocked by two guys leaving the RB one on one against the blitzer and we lost the match-up. Drew failed to realize early enough that the slot man blew the hot read so by the time he went to another receiver, he was getting hit.

Crusaders: Drew is a statue.

Yes, there will certainly be an endless qb debate similar to RJ/Flutie.

Imo, the striking difference is that the Drew haters want to place a talented football team into the hands of a slight, possibly frail rookie qb with zero experience. Now THAT is what I call hate.

If this team is healthy in 05, it will be better than the 04 Bills. The OL has a coach finally, MM will have a year under his belt, Gray will be more prepared, the STs are great, and Travis Henry will be gone.

The fact that you haters want to put all of this into the hands of an untested kid or a known loser (Maddox) is astounding. I truly believe that much of this hate is because he is an ex-Patriot

The debate is fine, but can we at least see if Losman can play, or stay in one piece for that matter before we hand him the keys to the family sedan?

Many of you haters think that Losman being great is a given. Well, it is far from it, but whatever.

193959[/snapback]

Good post Bill, thats why I keep saying just want a real dog fight in camp for who should be the starting QB and whomever that is they be the best QB based on prefromance and knowledge of the offense not how much they are paid, what draft pick they were/weren't, or wether folks on TSW will be happy with the result. I have a preference in this matter but lets let the coaches who know what the hell they are doing decide these things,

It's obvious that The Crusaders are taking over TSW.  EVERY post must be about Drew because everything is his fault.

Give it a rest Crusaders.  It's getting old.

CW

193800[/snapback]

Well said.

The criticism of every fan on every team that hasn't made the playoffs for any substantial period of time is "dump the QB" and when that doesn't work they move on to "dump the coach".  That is the nature of the beast.  Football is a complicated game, too complicated for most people to have the time to come up with anything more than "dump the QB". 

Lets take a hypothetical sack of Drew Bledsoe and how the coaches look at it compared to what the crusaders conclude:

Coaches:  The weakside backer was blitzing so the slot reciever was supposed to break off his route to the inside into the space being vacated by the blitzer.  Instead, he ran a deep curl while Drew watched his back waiting and waiting for him to break off the route.  The blocking scheme called for the RB and the LT to double team the backer with the rest of the line sidling to that side so that the LG was on the DE, the C on the DT and the RG on the NG/MLB.  Instead, the LT stayed on the DE who was now blocked by two guys leaving the RB one on one against the blitzer and we lost the match-up.  Drew failed to realize early enough that the slot man blew the hot read so by the time he went to another receiver, he was getting hit.

Crusaders:  Drew is a statue.

193998[/snapback]

Wake up Mickey. Drew is to blame for everything. Also, Losman is great. What is your problem?

If I may make an addition:

Coaches: The weakside backer was blitzing so the slot reciever was supposed to break off his route to the inside into the space being vacated by the blitzer. Instead, he ran a deep curl while Drew watched his back waiting and waiting for him to break off the route. The blocking scheme called for the RB and the LT to double team the backer with the rest of the line sidling to that side so that the LG was on the DE, the C on the DT and the RG on the NG/MLB. Instead, the LT stayed on the DE who was now blocked by two guys leaving the RB one on one against the blitzer and we lost the match-up. Drew failed to realize early enough that the slot man blew the hot read so by the time he went to another receiver, he was getting hit.

Crusaders: Drew is a statue.

Simon: Sacks happen, but they turn into points for the opposition when your QB goes two straight plays floating around the pocket with the ball hanging down low behind his hip. I was giving him hell for his lazy fundamentals/mechanics the play before when he was lucky not to lose it the first time, and what does he do but drop back and do the exact same thing AGAIN! That time it cost us 7.

It's been going on for years Mick and it's not ever going to change. You just saw the best season Drew is ever going to have for the remainder of his NFL career and it still wasn't good enough.

It's past time to make a change if we ever want to go anywhere with this very good roster.

Cya

Simon: Sacks happen, but they turn into points for the opposition when your QB goes two straight plays floating around the pocket with the ball hanging down low behind his hip. I was giving him hell for his lazy fundamentals/mechanics the play before when he was lucky not to lose it the first time, and what does he do but drop back and do the exact same thing AGAIN! That time it cost us 7.

194045[/snapback]

Yes, thank you, that's right. His mechanics were simply awful for the entire game - go back and watch the tape if you don't believe me. Some of the worst mechanics I've ever seen from an NFL QB occurred in that game - and all because the Steelers like to blitz up the middle and DB has been hit too many times in his career. So, he gets nervous, he presses, and he throws his mechanics out the window. Also, on the play I think you're referring to Simon, he didn't even look to his right before the snap (or after) to take account of the blitzing CB. Everyone else on the team did, including McGahee, WHO IS IN HIS FIRST FULL SEASON, and who picked up the proper guy (the inside guy - the outside guy was Drew's responsibility to notice).