Lomas Browns big admission

NoSaint

On radio Friday he admitted to blowing a block to get his qb injured. He bragged about getting him out of the lineup after the blown block got Scott Mitchell hurt. What say you?

I think it's beyond disgraceful. I hope there's backlash to this. Especially given he's suing the league over player safety.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/22/lomas-brown-i-intentionally-missed-a-block-to-get-scott-mitchell-hurt/

On radio Friday he admitted to blowing a block to get his qb injured. He bragged about getting him out of the lineup after the blown block got Scott Mitchell hurt. What say you?

I think it's beyond disgraceful. I hope there's backlash to this. Especially given he's suing the league over player safety.

http://profootballta...-mitchell-hurt/

Why would anyone admit something like that? What a tool.

Wow!

So he is a jerk and an idiot. That is a deadly combination.

From what i have heard and read about Mitchell he was not a nice guy. He was still a team mate. To me this also speaks about the atmosphere of the Lions organization at the time. I do not care how bad you dislike a team mate he is still your team mate. If you do not agree with him playing say so. But to take matters into your hands and cause an injury to occur speaks to your character.

Brown deserves to be ostracized by the league.

I just read that he was an assistant coach for a High School. I would not want that guy any where near my kid! Talk about a horrible role model.

Wow what a D-bag!

I played O-line in College. To hear a Pro on purpose letting his QB get hurt makes me want to kiss his ass for real.

I hope they reduce his Pension plan, I really do.

I played O-line in College. To hear a Pro on purpose letting his QB get hurt makes me want to kiss his ass for real.

Hey. Keep it clean buddy. I don't care who's ass you want to kiss. Keep that stuff to yourself. Haha.

I played left tackle in high school. I quit the team because I hated the QB. Dude was a colossal prick and I flat refused to protect him.

Lomas Brown is not the first nor will he be the last guy to pull the cape to get somebody tagged. Although he is the first guy I've ever heard of that said it in front of a microphone.

It happens, sometime even for the good of the order. And it appears that in this case, it was to the Lions benefit.

I bet every guy in the locker room knew about it and there wasn't any of them not named Mitchell who was pissed at him.

I'm interested how some of the former player talking heads deal with this; there might be a bunch of insincere self-righteous nonsense but I wonder if any of them will have the guts to say what they really think.

I bet this doesn't sit well with his fellow ex player contributors on ESPN. Hope he gets torched for it. If they don't shame on them too.

Yea - if I were a player, I'd avoid his show. I already don't watch him but this makes it even easier to not enjoy him.

I hope a judge calls him in personally during the player safety lawsuits.... Just to watch him squirm.

Lomas Brown is not the first nor will he be the last guy to pull the cape to get somebody tagged. Although he is the first guy I've ever heard of that said it in front of a microphone.

It happens, sometime even for the good of the order. And it appears that in this case, it was to the Lions benefit.

I bet every guy in the locker room knew about it and there wasn't any of them not named Mitchell who was pissed at him.

I'm interested how some of the former player talking heads deal with this; there might be a bunch of insincere self-righteous nonsense but I wonder if any of them will have the guts to say what they really think.

Based on this, I'm not sure what you really think. You appear to condone it and I hope that isn't the case. Brown, I hope, will be criticized loudly. If you believe that something like this is 'for the good of the order' we couldn't be further apart in our thinking. Perhaps I'm a pollyanna, but the game I watch doesn't have a place for this.

Based on this, I'm not sure what you really think. You appear to condone it and I hope that isn't the case. Brown, I hope, will be criticized loudly. If you believe that something like this is 'for the good of the order' we couldn't be further apart in our thinking. Perhaps I'm a pollyanna, but the game I watch doesn't have a place for this.

I don't doubt others have done it.

I don't doubt a team can come out ahead with a player getting hurt.

I do strongly think this has disastrous potential in any lockerroom (for a list of reasons) and is beyond classless.

Edited by NoSaint

Without having actually been on that team and seeing the dynamics firsthand I'm hesitant to say too much about it, either for or against it. I guess it makes me think of a Chris Rock routine I saw once; I'm not saying he should have done it....... but I understand.

If a guy is not playing well at QB but he's working hard and appreciates his teammates efforts to help him, they're going to do what they can to protect him and support him; they might grumble about it a bit when they're having beers, but they'll still play for him.

But if a guy is not playing well AND he's being disrespectful and treating his brothers like garbage, then he better start watching his backside because the 'ole blocks are going to start coming. And that I don't necessarily have a huge problem with.

To me the bottom line is that Scott Mitchell should have treated his 'mates with the respect they deserved and it never would have happened.

Without having actually been on that team and seeing the dynamics firsthand I'm hesitant to say too much about it, either for or against it. I guess it makes me think of a Chris Rock routine I saw once; I'm not saying he should have done it....... but I understand.

If a guy is not playing well at QB but he's working hard and appreciates his teammates efforts to help him, they're going to do what they can to protect him and support him; they might grumble about it a bit when they're having beers, but they'll still play for him.

But if a guy is not playing well AND he's being disrespectful and treating his brothers like garbage, then he better start watching his backside because the 'ole blocks are going to start coming. And that I don't necessarily have a huge problem with.

To me the bottom line is that Scott Mitchell should have treated his 'mates with the respect they deserved and it never would have happened.

Understanding and condoning are two entirely different things. At no point (IMO) is it ok for a player to 'try' to get a teammate injured.

opps

i meant to say kick his ass...

note to self, never post on board while drunk lol

Hey. Keep it clean buddy. I don't care who's ass you want to kiss. Keep that stuff to yourself. Haha.

I played left tackle in high school. I quit the team because I hated the QB. Dude was a colossal prick and I flat refused to protect him.

lol i meant to say kick his ass but you get my meaning.

I understand why you quit. I had a teammate who quit in H.S. because the QB refused to throw him the ball . Sometimes that happens. My QB in College was 5'9'' . But he was the coolest guy on the team and everybody liked him and I felt it was my duty to protect him.

Plus if we won beers was on him after the game at our so called team victory bar on Parkside across from the Zoo for those who are local to Buffalo. :)

oops

i meant to say kick his ass...

note to self, never post on board while drunk lol My QB in College was 5'9'' . But he was the coolest guy on the team and everybody liked him and I felt it was my duty to protect him.

Plus if we won beers was on him after the game at our so called team victory bar on Parkside across from the Zoo for those who are local to Buffalo. :)

So you made a Freudian slip saying kiss instead of kick.

That really doesn't help your explanation at all.

:nana:

I guess you guys were drinking at the Park Meadow?

Anways, Scott Mitchell responds:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/26/scott-mitchell-calls-lomas-brown-reprehensible/

Mitchell said: “It was extremely disappointing. I’m really shocked by it, to be honest. Here’s a guy I’ve had in my house, I had a big dinner for the offensive linemen every year, he came to my house and ate dinner, I gave my offensive linemen gifts every year. For him to do that is just reprehensible, beyond words. It’s really disappointing, it really is painful. When you mess with my family, mess with my livelihood, mess with my health, it’s unacceptable. It’s B.S. I just wouldn’t do it to a teammate. I wouldn’t do it. If Lomas has a problem with me, come talk to me. To try to get someone hurt, it’s just mind-boggling.”