and the Bills select....

bonechiller

Picked a great year to go QB, that's what I think. I just hope Nix doesn't pass on the next Mike Singletary or the next Bruce Smith because he wants to make up for the mistake of not drafting Wilson, Cousins, Dalton, Kaepernick, et. al.

Tennessee is a great example. They picked Locker because they needed a QB, not because Locker was a top 10 player.

You talked me into it. I guess Glennon is the guy. Then a real franchise QB in 2 years when the Bills have the #1 overall pick.

Just saw my first mock draft ( haven't really been interested in looking yet)

Fox sports, Pete Schrager, has Buffalo selecting with #8 pick QB Mike Glennon NC State.

I don't know much about him, does anyone see him climbing up the board like he suggests?

Don't know a ton about him yet, but from what I've read so far, sounds like a stay-away. Every positive profile I've seen has basically read, "He wasn't that great in college, and his numbers are underwhelming, but he has all the physical tools. Think about how good he COULD be with the right coaching!" I reserve the right to change my mind as I find out more info, but for now, I say no thanks.

Fox sports, Pete Schrager, has Buffalo selecting with #8 pick QB Mike Glennon NC State.

I don't know much about him, does anyone see him climbing up the board like he suggests?

Yes, Glennon. Several sites are now locking in on the Bills-Glennon connection (as WGR has been hinting at). I've liked him for the past couple seasons..., Tall, very strong arm, pocket awareness. He will go somewhere in the 1st round by the time April rolls around so if the Bills have to reach at #8 so be it. I also want them to draft another QB in the 3rd round....maybe the kid from Syracuse. Bring two rookies and Tarvaris Jackson to camp and let them fight it out.

I still believe that we should draft Te'o with the first if we can't get Geno (not likely). And we should draft the best available QB in both round 2 and 3. (or trading back into the end of 1st for one of them if we felt was worth it.) That would give us better odds of getting a serviceable QB until we can draft a true franchise QB.

Picked a great year to go QB, that's what I think. I just hope Nix doesn't pass on the next Mike Singletary or the next Bruce Smith because he wants to make up for the mistake of not drafting Wilson, Cousins, Dalton, Kaepernick, et. al.

Tennessee is a great example. They picked Locker because they needed a QB, not because Locker was a top 10 player.

You talked me into it. I guess Glennon is the guy. Then a real franchise QB in 2 years when the Bills have the #1 overall pick.

Jets too.

It's early...But right now I think Glennon is the clear favorite for The Bills (assuming Geno Smith is gone), with Tyler Wilson as a remote possibility...I think the drop-off comes after Wilson in this Draft, though Landry Jones is moving up fast...But it is still very early in the process...We'll see... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

At first I was intrigued by Glennon. After further review, I'll pass. His YPA is pedestrian even though he throws downfield a lot, he can't move at all, and he throws far too many picks. No thanks.

Nix has hinted at moving in the draft to get his franchise QB and I believe him. The Bills plan this offseason is to make Fitzpatrick out to be the fall guy. I see the Bills trading a ton of picks to get Geno Smith. I'm all for that. Geno is a stud.

If the other team doesn't want to play ball, then they might take Glennon.

At first I was intrigued by Glennon. After further review, I'll pass. His YPA is pedestrian even though he throws downfield a lot, he can't move at all, and he throws far too many picks. No thanks.

Nix has hinted at moving in the draft to get his franchise QB and I believe him. The Bills plan this offseason is to make Fitzpatrick out to be the fall guy. I see the Bills trading a ton of picks to get Geno Smith. I'm all for that. Geno is a stud.

If the other team doesn't want to play ball, then they might take Glennon.

I like Glennon, but at this time, I would not draft him early in the 1st round. I would much prefer a QB with some semblance of athleticism. At least have the ability to scamper 5 or 6 yards for a 1st down. Glennon is a statue. His pocket awareness is developing, but he still looks kind of goofy and disoriented when under pressure. That being said, however, you have to appreciate the kid's ability as a passer. He has a nice delivery, his throws seem to have some zip on them allowing him to throw the ball into tight windows, and his passes are pretty accurate (although somewhat inconsistent).

If the "master plan" is to draft a QB, let him sit for a year behind Fitz to develop, and then eventually rely on him as the starter....this might be the right pick. If they're looking for a week 1 starter for 2013, then both Geno Smith or Tyler Wilson are better options IMO.

glennon is ok, Jones will be our pick.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.