The one, the only, Tebow thread

truth on hold

I, personally, would like to see Tebow in a Bills' uni next season. All the guy does is win. In HS, in college, and last year when he got his shot as a starter in Denver. Did they win every game? Did he "wow" everyone with his QBR or numbers on the field? No, but the guy was exciting to watch and he will continue to grow at the position if given a chance to do so. His wind up is too long, he's not a traditional QB in the sense of the position, and he's never going to be a Brady/Brees/Manning type. Still I do think he has the work ethic, mental capacity, and intangibles to make a him a good QB in the NFL. People love to hate Tim Tebow. I believe that most people's hate is driven by his personal life and what he stands for more so than his football aptitude. The guy loves the game, loves the stage, and would give his all week in and week out on the football field. I remember the Bills seemed to be VERY interested in getting Tebow 3 years ago. I remember him being in town having dinner with Jim Kelly a week or so before the draft. Don't be surprised if they sign him when he gets cut.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, personally, would like to see Tebow in a Bills' uni next season. All the guy does is win. In HS, in college, and last year when he got his shot as a starter in Denver. Did they win every game? Did he "wow" everyone with his QBR or numbers on the field? No, but the guy was exciting to watch and he will continue to grow at the position if given a chance to do so. His wind up is too long, he's not a traditional QB in the sense of the position, and he's never going to be a Brady/Brees/Manning type. Still I do think he has the work ethic, mental capacity, and intangibles to make a him a good QB in the NFL. People love to hate Tim Tebow. I believe that most people's hate is driven by his personal life and what he stands for more so than his football aptitude. The guy loves the game, loves the stage, and would give his all week in and week out on the football field. I remember the Bills seemed to be VERY interested in getting Tebow 3 years ago. I remember him being in town having dinner with Jim Kelly a week or so before the draft. Don't be surprised if they sign him when he gets cut.

Tebow is simply not that bright compared to the top tiered QBs. He does not process information fast enough to breakdown NFL defenses, manipulate coverage, and subsequently make accurate an throw to the right man with timing, anticipation, and touch. He often gets confused and resorts to running around with the hope to make a play. He is just not a good enough athlete at the NFL level to make plays consistently, especially since he muscled up in the off-season.

With regard to why so many have disdain for him. Never before has a player who has achieved so little in the NFL garnered so much attention. That is the nature of why lots of people dislike Tebow. People, for the most part, don't care what he believes in. It drives people nuts that a marginally talented guy gets all that undeserved hype. To the contrary, much of his NFL acclaim is because people like what he stands for away from the field and over-value his football skills.

Despite the hopes of his fans, he'll never be an NFL starting caliber QB because he simply lacks the physical skill and mental accuity that today's NFL demands to excel at the position.

Bottom line is he's a destructive side show that I never want to see in a Bills uniform. Great guy...Horrible QB.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Apparently not. NFL QBs need to possess the ball and keep the offense on the field.

Remember Brady's game in Buffalo last year? He must be bad. Generally, Tebow turns the ball over at meaningless times in the game. When the game is on the line, it is a different player under center.

"But look at his stats!" Last time I checked, the only thing the scoreboard keeps track of is points. Call me when the NFL changes the rules and decides the game winning team on passing yards and completion percentage.

You've got to be nuts to believe he is even a thought or consideration for any one as a true QB. And the funny thing about your stats sarcasm is that I look at and value stats probably as little as anyone you'd ever want to debate with on here. Those SEASON completion % numbers do mean a TON though.

total BS

Tebow is not even a quarterback in the NFL

NFL qb's need to be able to read defenses and throw from within the pocket

and Fitz's accuracy is indeed not great but is MUCH better than Tebow's (things are a lot different when you throw 25 to 40 passes per game).

Beyond that... Size? who cares / Arm strength sure Tebow's got that one, Scrambling/running threat - who cares when thats all he can do. Turnover Prone- Do you remember when he played the Bills last year.

Anyway I'll stop now because this is the stupidest argument ever.

Sure let's compare our mediocre QB to a Tight end/ H-Back

Here is Tebow's "Accuracy" from last year: 126 completions, 271 attempts, 46.5 %

I guess that eliminates Fitzpatrick.

As bad as you want to believe Tebow is and as rose color your Bills galsses may be, Tebow throws a better football than Fitz. Go check out any deep ball Tebow has thrown, or any throw he has made on the run (there are hundreds of them) and Fitz has never made a play of that caliber in his entire career. He simply can't do it.

I would link some youtube vids but their server is down and a team of highly trained monkeys hae been dispatched to fix it, but how about this video:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d821e6cbe/Tebow-hits-Riley-deep

I can't remember Fitz throwing a pass like that that actually hits the WR where its supposed to. I don't care what the cusion was that was right in the bread basket. On that exact type of lpay, where one of our guys burns his CB deep, I have seen Fitz throw about 7 or more INTs in just the last two years. And don't even get me started on the pocket presence thing - because I don't think Fitz would have moved in the pocket to be able to make that throw either.

What about this one?

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/videos/Tebow-Hits-D-Thomas-for-51-yards/2dad8825-ece8-45b8-9ce5-17dc6b89f359

These are throws Fitz CAN NOT PHYSICALLY COMPLETE. These are perfectly thrown balls.

The only reason people think Fitz is more accurate that Tebow is bias. Fitz is worse.

I guess that eliminates Fitzpatrick.

As bad as you want to believe Tebow is and as rose color your Bills galsses may be, Tebow throws a better football than Fitz. Go check out any deep ball Tebow has thrown, or any throw he has made on the run (there are hundreds of them) and Fitz has never made a play of that caliber in his entire career. He simply can't do it.

I would link some youtube vids but their server is down and a team of highly trained monkeys hae been dispatched to fix it, but how about this video:

http://www.nfl.com/v...hits-Riley-deep

I can't remember Fitz throwing a pass like that that actually hits the WR where its supposed to. I don't care what the cusion was that was right in the bread basket. On that exact type of lpay, where one of our guys burns his CB deep, I have seen Fitz throw about 7 or more INTs in just the last two years. And don't even get me started on the pocket presence thing - because I don't think Fitz would have moved in the pocket to be able to make that throw either.

What about this one?

http://www.denverbro...e5-17dc6b89f359

These are throws Fitz CAN NOT PHYSICALLY COMPLETE. These are perfectly thrown balls.

The only reason people think Fitz is more accurate that Tebow is bias. Fitz is worse.

Sorry - disagree as does the entire NFL collective staffs/

If I were running the team I'd try to pick him up and use him one of 2 ways. If draft time comes and we can get G Smith (I've changed my mind, I think he'll be good), Glennon, or Barkley, then I convert him to H-back. If not, I continue to build the defense and implement a run first offense with Tebow as my power runner/QB. That offense would grind out the clock to keep the defense fresh (a la Flutie) & even if he's having a bad day Tebow's usually good in the clutch (also like Flutie).

Also, can you imagine tebow in a shoot out? Cause we don't have that Denver defense.

I'd love to see him succeed and at times have said I wouldn't mind him but that's really going all in blindly and hoping you hit at this point if you are planning to really build around him.

Vikings? Steelers? No reason to imagine it as it has already happened. The guy has a season worth of starts and for every clunker of a game I can give you another game of 300 yards passing or a great comeback.....basically sounds like an inexperienced QB.

Strip away all of the talking head (huge windsor tie knot) bias, the opinions vomited as absolute fact and look at the actual game footage from every game he has either played in or started and he is right on the normal curve of QB development but with more wins than most.

The other point to consider is to look at the first 8-10 games the broncos w/ Peyton played this year. Horrendous first half offensive stats followed by good second halves. Sound familiar? Until Peyton basically began running his game plan, rather than Fox/McCoy's, the broncos were getting the same type (not the same exact) of results. When Tebow was allowed to play wide open he excelled. Otherwise, someone please explain his league leading 4th quarter QBR numbers.

Vikings? Steelers? No reason to imagine it as it has already happened. The guy has a season worth of starts and for every clunker of a game I can give you another game of 300 yards passing or a great comeback.....basically sounds like an inexperienced QB.

Strip away all of the talking head (huge windsor tie knot) bias, the opinions vomited as absolute fact and look at the actual game footage from every game he has either played in or started and he is right on the normal curve of QB development but with more wins than most.

The other point to consider is to look at the first 8-10 games the broncos w/ Peyton played this year. Horrendous first half offensive stats followed by good second halves. Sound familiar? Until Peyton basically began running his game plan, rather than Fox/McCoy's, the broncos were getting the same type (not the same exact) of results. When Tebow was allowed to play wide open he excelled. Otherwise, someone please explain his league leading 4th quarter QBR numbers.

Yet Luck, RGIII, and Wilson are all far more advanced than Tebow as rookies no less...Excuses upon excuses....He simply is ill-equipped to play QB in the NFL at a high level...Period. Couldn't even beat out Sanchez with all of his struggles this year. The Jest start McElroy over Tebow. LOL!!!...I'm done!!

Yet Luck, RGIII, and Wilson are all far more advanced than Tebow as rookies no less...Excuses upon excuses....He simply is ill-equipped to play QB in the NFL at a high level...Period. Couldn't even beat out Sanchez with all of his struggles this year. The Jest start McElroy over Tebow. LOL!!!...I'm done!!

So your point that some guys are ahead of others is valid yet doesn't in any way indicate a conclusion. The league is littered with examples of guys who started hot and then fizzled as well as guys who didn't seem to have any shot at success and got better. Matt Flynn and Steve Young are examples but are not meant as comparisons.

To base any decision on what the Jets organization does is a shaky proposition at best.

Wow what a slap in the face to tebow. #2 on the depth chart , healthy, winning record as starter .... passed over for a guy whose played a little over aquarter .

Ya but they meaning coaches are listening to the "EXPERTS" & not giving him a chance to prove himself fully . He needs the chance like Gailey gave to Fitz then & only then if he fails like Fitz will they be able to put him in a back up role with no argument what so ever !!

Ya but they meaning coaches are listening to the "EXPERTS" & not giving him a chance to prove himself fully . He needs the chance like Gailey gave to Fitz then & only then if he fails like Fitz will they be able to put him in a back up role with no argument what so ever !!

Your point is valid. I think it would be interesting to see Tebow get a shot where he is supported fully. Not maligned for weeks prior to being given a "short leash" opportunity. Look at guys like Ponder and Josh Freeman who have the freedom and support to go out and play and more importantly, learn the QB position for more than a few games before being threatened about losing their jobs.

Look at last year in Denver, Tebow wins 6 straight and is being threatened of losing his job after 3 losses.....as if the Broncos were supposed to be good and he was holding them back. They were 4-14 previous to him becoming QB. Talk all you want about the Denver D and/or special teams, those same guys were 1-4 to start the season and abysmal the season before.

Say what you want about Andrew Luck, and boy that guy has all the tools, but does anyone realize he was leading the league in turnovers before Sanchez imploded on MNF? Even if the Colts only had 1 win on the season, that guy would get every shot possible to play himself out of the league. In a sense, Luck can go out and take huge risks and throw numerous interceptions because he knows the job is his. That goes a long way in learning how to play the position given his talents. The flip side of that argument is a guy like Fitz who has the support and confidence, takes the risks, turns the ball over (a lot) but never really improves......which give tangible proof that he is limited from a talent standpoint.

Once again, the traders are out in full force. Tebow for a 4th? Are you kidding? If that is the case, we should trade Fitz for a 2nd round pick! Nobody would give up a 2nd round pick for Fitz? No kidding! Why would any team give the Jets anything for Tebow now? Unless you are the Bills or some Bills fans. Tebow is done!

10 months ago people were saying "Nobody would ever give up a draft pick for Tarvaris Jackson"