TJ Graham. Oh Dear God.

Webster Guy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are comical

When TJ graham was drafted he was a "project that was rough around the edges"

and now just because he has a bad game you guys are jumping all over him?

- Our coaching sucks

- Our QB sucks

Lets pile on the rookie......who hardly even gets used.....and blame him because he has a bad game. riiiiight

But that's the thing. It wasn't that everyone knew he had rough edges. It was why would they move up in the draft in the THIRD round to get a guy whose talent screamed UDFA? (And becoming more apparent during the year)

You guys are comical

When TJ graham was drafted he was a "project that was rough around the edges"

and now just because he has a bad game you guys are jumping all over him?

- Our coaching sucks

- Our QB sucks

Lets pile on the rookie......who hardly even gets used.....and blame him because he has a bad game. riiiiight

John, there's absolutely a chance that TJ Graham will become a player that we can all be happy to have drafted.

However:

1) The pick doesn't look very good right now and

2) It's hard to expect a fanbase frustrated by 13 years of dismal results to not be angry and disillusioned on virtually every aspect of the Bills.

Yes it would be nice if every topic here was discussed with fairness, perspective, humor, etc.

Ain't gonna happen though. Especially not in this latest poop storm.

John, there's absolutely a chance that TJ Graham will become a player that we can all be happy to have drafted.

However:

1) The pick doesn't look very good right now and

2) It's hard to expect a fanbase frustrated by 13 years of dismal results to not be angry and disillusioned on virtually every aspect of the Bills.

Yes it would be nice if every topic here was discussed with fairness, perspective, humor, etc.

Ain't gonna happen though. Especially not in this latest poop storm.

San Jose,

I guess I should clarify.

- I am really really frustrated right along with you guys

- I was as suprised as everyone when he was taken in the 3rd round

I just want to make sure people are blaming bills mgt for DRAFTING him (which is totally a logical thing to do)

and not blaming TJ Graham himself.....who is gonna make rookie mistakes as a rookie.

I still think TJ Graham is gonna be a player....he needs time.

San Jose,

I just want to make sure people are blaming bills mgt for DRAFTING him (which is totally a logical thing to do)

and not blaming TJ Graham himself.....who is gonna make rookie mistakes as a rookie.

Yep.

Don't shoot the messenger (TJ Graham).

Understood and agreed.

San Jose,

so how much time would you allow for an NFL receiver to figure out how to hold onto the football??

Hey I understand every NFL receiver drops balls now and then. Some of them slump and drop multiple balls in the same game. TJ Graham took that to a new level today though, and embarassed Nix for burning a 3rd rounder (and a 7th to move up those few spots to get this chump).

Maybe TJ runs a great 40, but his game speed is average and his hands are stone. He struggled in camp to pick up the playbook, cost us the NE game with that blown route, and on top of the fact that he dropped seemingly everything today, he ran probably the worst Go Route I've ever seen down the left sideline in man coverage.

Fitz threw it as far as he could and the pass would have been right on the money if TJ knew how to run this route like a professional. He slowed down halfway into the route and started this amateur hand control battle with the corner and the pass dropped about 10 feet in front of him exactly where he should have been.

For the 69th overall pick in last year's draft, I don't know boys. He's NOT a field stretcher or a great route runner or sure handed.. I'd rather see Easley in there, he can't be worse.

I'll admit I'm biased, because I hated this pick from the second is was made. The more I watch him, the more I dislike him as a WR though. He simply is awful at catching the football, even before his "big shot" this past game as a starter. Put aside his inability to catch, he can't run routes either. If there is a defender anywhere near him, he bails on his route. It seems virtually impossible for him to fight through a CB to get to a ball. He's certainly not physical enough to play in the NFL, but he also does not have the mindset to "play big". Granted Roscoe couldn't take the beating, but at least he played without fear. Graham seems to want NOTHING to do with contact, before, during, or after the catch.

He's not a football player IMO...He's a track guy trying to play football...

Why they didn't give Easley some playing time is beyond me...

Edited by Turbosrrgood

I think Russell Wilson would be a better WR than Graham.

Good point - we obviously scouted a lot of Wilson - and the Bills are simply too incompetant to see how good of a player he was.

I said it to my brother and all my friends all damn season (last years college season that is) - if Russel Wilson was 6'3'' he was a top 5 LOCK - undisputed, probly 3rd overall pick, maybe even 2nd overall over RG3. Yet bc he is short he last until the third.

How can an idiot like me see that from watching just a few games on cable TV and a million dollar man in Nix with all the fancy game tapes cant see it? WTF!!!!

Im getting so !@#$ing pissed at this team im going crazy

if it was that obvious, he wouldve actually been taken that high. just saying.

a lot of qbs went before him. while it seemed like a gimme type of pick, if it was that clear - dozens of GMs would have made the move earlier. it wasnt just us that missed on him.

if it was that obvious, he wouldve actually been taken that high. just saying.

a lot of qbs went before him. while it seemed like a gimme type of pick, if it was that clear - dozens of GMs would have made the move earlier. it wasnt just us that missed on him.

Rubbish. It was obvious and and lot of us were saying it at the time. No one is saying the Bills should have picked Wilson in the first or second round, although that would have been a bargain in retrospect. The fact is that the Bills were (or should have been) desperate for a QB prospect and saw fit to pass on Wilson in the third round. Instead, Buddy moved up to pick a WR who can't catch the ball and can't run a route. The rationale at the time was that there were no more speed receivers available in the draft, yet Chris Givens (Rams), Mohammed Sanu (Bengals) and AY Hilton (Colts) all were selected shortly after Graham and have all outperformed him by a mile.

I'll admit I'm biased, because I hated this pick from the second is was made. The more I watch him, the more I dislike him as a WR though. He simply is awful at catching the football, even before his "big shot" this past game as a starter. Put aside his inability to catch, he can't run routes either. If there is a defender anywhere near him, he bails on his route. He's certainly not physical enough to play in the NFL, but he also does not have the mindset to "play big". Granted Roscoe couldn't take the beating, but at least he played without fear. Graham seems to want NOTHING to do with contact, before, during, or after the catch.

Sounds like a third round version of Ted Ginn Jr. without the kick return ability. And the Bills traded up for him to boot.

Rubbish. It was obvious and and lot of us were saying it at the time. No one is saying the Bills should have picked Wilson in the first or second round, although that would have been a bargain in retrospect. The fact is that the Bills were (or should have been) desperate for a QB prospect and saw fit to pass on Wilson in the third round. Instead, Buddy moved up to pick a WR who can't catch the ball and can't run a route. The rationale at the time was that there were no more speed receivers available in the draft, yet Chris Givens (Rams), Mohammed Sanu (Bengals) and AY Hilton (Colts) all were selected shortly after Graham and have all outperformed him by a mile.

My entire point was if it was obvious he would play well he would've gone higher. In the third, he was a pretty good risk/reward no doubt- but that's why he went in the 3rd, because it wasn't obvious he'd play as well as he has... And that seemed to be a collective nfl evaluation, not just us.

Obviously a good pick in the third and obviously would be a good qb are two very different discussions.

Edited by NoSaint

Sounds like a third round version of Ted Ginn Jr. without the kick return ability. And the Bills traded up for him to boot.

We acquire Brad Smith, a great returner, and then FAIL to use him properly, trying him as some gadget QB and at WR to make up for our shortcomings. Maybe Buddy Nix should go after all, to allow all this to happen.

50 returns to 15 to 13... we really do SUCK DIDDLY UCK, Flanders.

Edited by BmoreBills

Easley was suppose to be that guy i thought but they will leave him on the bench & never find out what he can do at game speed which some play faster & bigger in games than others .

Then b/c he can't get game time we will trade him with the excuse he just wasn't coming along after investing 4 years in the guy & he will go to another team & become one of the better WR in the league b/c our staff hasn't got fore site or the B**** to give the guy a shot ...

And we wonder why we can't get into the play offs for 13 years !! Bring back Pollian PLEASE !!!!!!!!

Wilson was my pick this year , a QB in the later rounds with a spectacular college career & i thought the next Flutie or better.

But as you pointed out we take the guy that could only do as good as the QB that fed him & had a mediocre career in college at best.

I think our draft guys should be the next to go, this has been happening for years now & the draft team besides the few that have changed remains the same.

This year though they will pull the trigger on Barkley or Jones & we will be screwed for the next 5 years b/c we'll blow a high pick on a apparent less than elite QB ...

This.

Tired of watching Easley ride the pine - if the guy has the speed to be back there on kickoffs and the size and vertical to fend off the single coverage they are giving us on the outside, why not play him?

I feel like I am living that ground hog day movie... I said the same thing about Stevie Johnson as the organization kept him on the bench for years, and before that Eric Moulds. Doesn't matter who is running the show, they just seem to miss the boat when it comes to playing the right receivers. God forbid we have two quality receivers on the field at the same time.

If Easley cannot handle the role - prove it and put him out there for a game or two; At least then I wiould know that this kid with all the measurables is just cannon fodder on the roster.

I like Fitz, he can play OK with good coaching that has a game plan highly favoring the run. When defenses don't know what's coming Fitz can move the team, maybe his scatter-arm could even improve. But if the Bill's fall behind in the final five minutes when Fitz is forced to throw the ball 15 to 20 yards or more, he's totally useless. I'd rank him overall 20 to 25, lately maybe even upper 20's but for the final five minutes of a game, would be hard pressed to not rank #32. As bad as Sanchez looks, you still have to respect his arm. Not so with Fitz.

He didn't have a great game today...but I think he has shown some signs that he has some game...and all those "drops" were not of the "great pass, no hands"variety... it happens... just another miserable performance all the way around from this team.

This x 1billion!

I honestly think, with a competent coach, this team, with the same talent, could be 8-6 or 9-5 right now. Fitz is not an upper echelon QB... but despite all evidence to the contrary, Gailey keeps calling games as though Fitz is the second coming of Joe Montana. A good offensive coach knows how to hide his weaknesses....Chan just exposes them, making it all that much easier to beat this team. I am ashamed to say, I really thought, after 2010, the Bills might have fallen into some dumb luck with the hiring of Gailey....but now I realize, there was no luck involved, just dumbness. For some reason, I don't loathe Gailey as much as I did Dick Jauron after three seasons....but he is pretty close... it's not the man, just his performances on Sunday afternoons.

THE BILLS COULD HAVE DRAFTED RUSSELL WILSON INSTEAD OF GRAHAM IN THE 3RD ROUND.

We worked him out.

He was very good.

He was there in the third.

We took a speed reciever with CLUBS for hands instead.

I'm as pissed as you are, OP. However Russell Wilson is guilty of the cardinal sin of WRATH. Sunday he punished Buddy and Chan for their short-sightedness, and stupidity. -I'm very happy for the kid.

Edited by #34fan

He is slow in his breaks. Does not read the CB well. Can not block. His yards per catch is 9.6. He has displayed no separation or blazing speed. Next year put Spiller in the 3 wr spot in the spread and Fred at RB. Let Spiller run the go route. He has the weels for it. This was a wasted draft pick just like Easley. Nix and his scouts ant not good at judging WR talent. TJ is a fourth or 5th WR.