Carroll regrets fake punt

stevestojan

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That move wasn't brave or classy. If he wanted to be brave and still try to score dont fake a punt. Keep your O out there. Classier move and less risky. No need to ruin a special teams play or player.

Exactly. It was an idiotic decision as a tactical matter, and that made it even more classless. He basically did something that hurt his team in the long run (i.e., lose a good play) solely in order to rub it in in a 40-point win.

Pete Carrol is a D-Bag for that move, you just don't do that st at this level. If you think what he did was alright and it was our fault you should just stick to college ball. It's one thing to run up the score just by playing against us naturally, but when you pull a FAKE PUNT out when you're up 30pts in the fourth quarter is just classless.

Honestly one of the purest bush-league moves I've ever seen...And I've been watching the NFL WAY too long...It was REAL classless...It made me FAR more angry than what his great football team did to the pathetic Bills...When you have a great team playing the way they were playing, how do you pull a move like that? Incredible douche-baggery... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Honestly, he said it was part of the game plan. All part of the beast but, nobody pulled the plug. Can you really blame him for that? The system is built for the sake of the system. Just goes to show you that the game plan and what a team does, down to every last play, is all decided well before the first foot kicks a football!

I wonder what it feels like to run up the score...

Yeah... Been such a long time since that Raiders Championship Game @ Rich!