Fitz was outstanding.. for all you haters

8-8 Forever?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL! Cutler may be better than Fitz but that ain't saying much. Too many people are swayed by Cutler's big arm. But he's not a very good QB from both a mental and mechanical standpoint.

GO BILLS!!!

Agree 100%. Cutler is so overrated, it's not even funny. Plus, he reeks of douche.

As for Fitz, I love people have to take 2 completely hard stances. He sucks or you're a homer. Here are some facts though:

1) Fitz outplayed Bradford, the #1 overall pick, as he has for the last 3 years. If the Bills had any playmakers, he would have tossed the game losing INT on that drive. His throw on 4th down was freaking awful, but he got bailed out.

2) As a result, Fitz isn't the worst starting QB in the league and a high pick doesn't guarantee anything.

3) 12 points is not enough to win a NFL game.

4) At the same time, the 30+ points Fitz scored against NE and Tenn are.

Here's the bottomline. There are worse starters in the league. If the defense played at this level earlier in the season, we have a different record. But this team reflects Fitz. They are too hot and cold and not consistent. Fitz' best role is as a backup/ spot starter/ mentor. This team owes us a legit QB who can make all the tools. Not another retread that some other team gave up on. IMO, the only way to give a new breath to this team is to get a new QB. Keep Fitz and let him compete but slant the job to the rookie.

Honestly, I would have 0 issues if the team made a move for Geno Smith or Matt Barkley. All this teams' ills are not on Fitz. But a good team simply can't count on Fitz. This is the most talented team we have had in 10 years. But if you asked them honestly, most have lost faith in Fitz. It's time for a change and it's time for the Bills to draft a guy with a legit college resume (not Trent playing 3 game for an awful Stanford team or Losman struggling to win in Conference USA).

If you wouldnt take Cutler over Fitzcraprick your nuts!!

Cutler is not great but the guy can play QB, Fitz is terrible. I wish it wasn't so, but it is!!

He is physically better than Fitz but he is a big tiem underachiever. He has a top 5 defense that gets a ton of turnovers. He's been to the playoffs once in his career and is an awful leader. I'd rather draft a guy than root for him.

As has been the story for over a decade, the Bills need a real QB.

At the same time, Fitz gave us all he had and actually looked like a NFL starter at times. Can't say for the last 2 guys. I love everything about Fitz except his ability to throw the ball.

If you wouldnt take Cutler over Fitzcraprick your nuts!!

Cutler is not great but the guy can play QB, Fitz is terrible. I wish it wasn't so, but it is!!

Fitz can't pass, but he can play quarterback.

Cutler can't play quarterback, but he can pass.

There are several QBs I'd rather have than either of them. Neither is the answer.

GO BILLS!!!

Fitz was better than Bradford? Ohhhhhhhh realllllllly? Bills had 12 points and lost. So sick and and tired of you Fitz apologists. He sucks. He always has sucked. He always will suck. He should not be a starter in the NFL. Watch Brady play and tell me Fitz should even be allowed in the same freakin league.

Fitz was better than Bradford? Ohhhhhhhh realllllllly? Bills had 12 points and lost. So sick and and tired of you Fitz apologists. He sucks. He always has sucked. He always will suck. He should not be a starter in the NFL. Watch Brady play and tell me Fitz should even be allowed in the same freakin league.

Ah, the "lump someone into a group" argument style. Since I said Fitz was better than Bradford, I'll respond. If you read my post, I'm hardly a Fitz apologist but some facts:

http://www.nfl.com/player/ryanfitzpatrick/2506581/profile

http://www.nfl.com/player/sambradford/497095/profile

Fitz has been better than Bradford the last 3 seasons. Yesterday, Bradford 19/39 (48.7%), 209 yards (5.4 ypa), 1 td, 1 int 62.9 QB rating. Fitz 25-33 (75.8%), 247 yards (7.5 ypa), 1 td, 1 int, 93.9 QB rating.

I know some of you have to always be like black-white, liberal-conservative, blood-crip, but not everything breaks down like this. Fitz isn't the worst starter in the league. Bradford is a very average QB who has been outperformed by Fitz. I want a new QB and don't want either guy as the Bills starter next year.

Fitz can't pass, but he can play quarterback.

Cutler can't play quarterback, but he can pass.

There are several QBs I'd rather have than either of them. Neither is the answer.

GO BILLS!!!

I live in Chicago and watch Cutler play. I understand not liking him because he's surly, but he's on a completely different level than Fitz. He's so much better on so many different levels, I could take a whole page.

But Fitz is a nice guy who interviews better...sooooo whatever.

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

I would agree that Fitz is not our biggest problem. I don't believe any stretch can call me a hater. And yet no player should be called "outstanding" when it's a loss.

Can we just say "not our biggest problem" and leave it at that?

the fact that gailey made him throw 32 times in a close, low-scoring game in rainy/snowy weather is inexcusable. it's actually a !@#$ing joke. spiller and freddy should've carried the team yesterday - it was a perfect day for it.

Now this, I would agree, is one of our biggest problems.

Problems excluding Ralph and Nix in order...

1. Lack of any playmaking LB's

2. Lack of deep threat at WR and a consistent fourth recieving option (Nelson)

3. Byrd, Urbik, and Levitre are FA's

4. Gailey

5. Fitz

6. CB oppostite Gilmore

7. Second TE

The decison for Nix will be difficult. He must decide if he can take care of issues 1,2, and 3 in one off season. And if he can does he live with Gailey and Fitz for one more year. I think in the end he will keep Fitz and Gailey. He may draft a QB but he will not sign Flacco or trade for Cousins/Flynn. He will take care of Levitre and Byrd and then be aggressive in FA. He needs only sign his own players and then get a WR and a LB. He can get another couple LB's in the draft, follwed by a TE and a reserve CB. Nelson wasn't fast before and with a full year to recover should be fine as a possession WR. If they can add a burner like Heywood-Bay for decent money and then let Stevie, the new guy, Nelson, and Graham be the top four that would be ok.

The decision

Problems excluding Ralph and Nix in order...

1. Lack of any playmaking LB's

2. Lack of deep threat at WR and a consistent fourth recieving option (Nelson)

3. Byrd, Urbik, and Levitre are FA's

4. Gailey

5. Fitz

6. CB oppostite Gilmore

7. Second TE

The decison for Nix will be difficult. He must decide if he can take care of issues 1,2, and 3 in one off season. And if he can does he live with Gailey and Fitz for one more year. I think in the end he will keep Fitz and Gailey. He may draft a QB but he will not sign Flacco or trade for Cousins/Flynn. He will take care of Levitre and Byrd and then be aggressive in FA. He needs only sign his own players and then get a WR and a LB. He can get another couple LB's in the draft, follwed by a TE and a reserve CB. Nelson wasn't fast before and with a full year to recover should be fine as a possession WR. If they can add a burner like Heywood-Bay for decent money and then let Stevie, the new guy, Nelson, and Graham be the top four that would be ok.

The decision

I think you've got the right problems in the wrong order. I put Gailey at #1. Wannstache is #2.

Fitz said it himself, he has no killer instinct. His apologists claim he does "enough to win." Tom Brady throws TDs while up by 35, but Fitz manages not to throw an INT for 3 quarters and "he's done enough." Doesn't cut it.

Oh look it's the "we don't have Tom Brady and I won't be happy til we do" argument. Dose of realism here pal, odds are we won't next year either. This is this response I'd expect from a guy who has his hopes crushed when he loses the powerball and pouts all day.

To another poster who said we can agree Fitz isn't the answer. As lame as this sounds, that depends on the question. Do I think he's a hall of famer, like everyone who calls me a Fitz homer says? I don't. I think he's an average QB. Just average. I'd rather build a team around Fitz until we find a more solid QB to plug into our system. You can't build around a guy like Losman and Edwards. It doesn't work.

Fitz is exactly what a young team needs and in 2-3 years, he'll be replaced by our answer.

God help him if the new guy plays like crap though. We'll have everyone here singing songs about how much we miss Fitz, and his QB skills besides his arm.

Hindsight is 20/20.

25 of 32, 250+, 1 score in mid December. and got the crap kicked out of him. This guy is not our biggest problem. Do I want a 6'4" Superman QB? sure , that would be nice. But Fitz is no slouch.

Fitzputrid sucks.

You're an idiot.